Game Thread: #25/RV LADY VOLS VS. #16/18 TEXAS A&M

An excellent point....The best time to get this as a habit is when running nine/eleven man....when the player enter in from the sideline on the 3 on 2, from the rebound,,,if they don't call for the ball on an outlet, I make them run a lap before they can get back in the sideline entry group again
I’d like to add to your comment above by saying that the time to get in this habit is when they begin the sport and are learning the basics, this should also be incorporated. Start it in grade school and they’ll continue it in high school and beyond. 😊

Reactions: Coach Jumper
I’d like to add to your comment above by saying that the time to get in this habit is when they begin the sport and are learning the basics, this should also be incorporated. Start it in grade school and they’ll continue it in high school and beyond. 😊

Same thing with the fast break off of the rebound.
  • I set my players up with one in the paint and four on the arc,,,one at each base line and one at each elbow extended (rebounder gets the rebound>pass to arc>pass to half-court>pass to other arc>pass to cutter)
  • After I teach each position where to be we begin to time our FB-drill
  • I put a single dribbler outside of the base at the corner of the floor to race them
  • The drill (rebound, to, ball-off-the-glass using all five players touching the ball on the FB) averages about 3.8 seconds for U12-14's ,,,and 3.2-3.4 seconds for over 14's ...The drill's record (rebound to ball-off-the-glass) is 2.8 seconds (Set by a 16U team)

Reactions: tn4everlvfl

VN Store

Back