Game Thread: #25/RV LADY VOLS VS. #16/18 TEXAS A&M

I’ve always been big on being verbal on the court! Call for the ball, girls!!

An excellent point....The best time to get this as a habit is when running nine/eleven man....when the player enter in from the sideline on the 3 on 2, from the rebound,,,if they don't call for the ball on an outlet, I make them run a lap before they can get back in the sideline entry group again

Sure you want to drag the Universal Creator into this?
Everyone on here knows you’ve had issues with the athletic department in the past. I am still angry after hearing you were intentionally trying to make eye contact with players at shoot around. That’s distracting and grossly inappropriate. Borderline stalking.
If you remember I posted that I watch the pregame warm-ups from that section. And the topic at that time was that this site is not read by anyone associated with UT Lady Vols basketball. I did not try to make eye contact with anyone I simply stated that I had noticed a response to the fact had I sat in a certain section nothing more. But like everything else I say I get microscopically picked apart.
Really? No eye contact" You sure? Cuz at the time you said:
I know this for a fact. After I posted that I would be watching the pre-game warmups, two different players scanned (several times) section 107. I made eye contact with one of them
Didn't take a microscope to pick that sh*t apart. I said I wasn't going to go there anymore, but this is too damn insulting to our intelligence. Posters to this forum deserve better.

Last edited:
In none of what I said did I say I INTENTIONALLY make eye contact, it just happened and I noticed it.
He is my judge you're not!
That is all I have to say to you

except, May God truly bless you
I hope you find purpose for your life
As I am trying to find mine

Note to this site, I am trying to not be so easy to bribe into arguments and frustrations this year and am looking to my maker to help me with this.

I almost quit doing the game threads and have all but stopped posting aside from that because of my growing hater-base.

The ones I consider my supporters and fiends I appreciate and those like my adversary above, I am trying to mend my status with or ignore, or let God deal with. I know I have a very long history in a very short time here, but am under many watchful and influential eyes and am working towards keeping their friendships and trust.

I am trying to only post basketball topics and respond to questions or conversations that I feel I can chime in on and bring a good point to.

I expect to be attacked like the post above, because I know some will see my attempt to change as a weakness.

I am still a warrior and capable of destroying verbally insulting and insinuating attacks, but 2020 is a new year and part of my resolutions for this year is to make major changes in my life and in my receptions.

With that said, to those who help me make this change, may God bless you and for those who continue to provoke me, may God bless you too.

Last edited:
Note*
My post was in response to the topic of the potential reading and following of this board, re players and staff...I sit in a certain section before every game I go to and it was known to most anybody that I sat there and watched pre-game warmups....I should have kept it to myself, but was in a very heated discussion about KK following the loss to the Uconnies.

1582181909993.png

This was over 210 posts ago for me, but thanks for the research,,,hope you used search and didn't have to peruse all 216 of them, glv.

And now I am done with this topic of discussion

Coach Jumper I really like your insight and being apart of this forum. Honestly, I really do and you obviously know basketball. I wont argue that. However, some of your posts make me roll my eyes when you get to the point as if youre so close from being hired on as a coach for UT. I even blocked you for a time because you can come off as super condescending at times as if know one knows basketball but you. I dont want to quit reading your post, but sometimes youre just too much. Just want to voice while sometimes you can be a pain to read, I still like your passion for the sport and hope you keep posting here. Just maybe not be such a know it all type poster.

Coach Jumper I really like your insight and being apart of this forum. Honestly, I really do and you obviously know basketball. I wont argue that. However, some of your posts make me roll my eyes when you get to the point as if youre so close from being hired on as a coach for UT. I even blocked you for a time because you can come off as super condescending at times as if know one knows basketball but you. I dont want to quit reading your post, but sometimes youre just too much. Just want to voice while sometimes you can be a pain to read, I still like your passion for the sport and hope you keep posting here. Just maybe not be such a know it all type poster.

As stated, my goal for 2020 is just that, VB

Moving forward, I will try to only be condescending to those who are con-ascending.

Also, UT is not my only consideration as a watcher. I hope and think they may be considering and monitroing what I post, but even if not, there are other entities that I know, do.

Thank you for allowing me to explain

Last edited:
Reactions: VolBalls33
I just watched Blair’s postgame interview. He was very complimentary of the Lady Vol fanbase. Even said the AD should open concessions earlier. Said they missed a lot of money.

I was most interested in what he said about our team. He said one of these days you won’t want to play us in the SEC tourney because we’ll get smarter and that’s all we’re missing to pair with our athleticism. He said we’ll go far once we get the pg play like former players Jolly and Lawson.

So do you all think we can get our pg play up to that level this year and if not, in what year should we expect that type of pg play?

Reactions: travis929
So do you all think we can get our pg play up to that level this year and if not, in what year should we expect that type of pg play?
Did Blair specifically say PG or did he say guard play? Because I'm not sure how much better a point guard can play than Jaz' league leading nearly 3/1 assist/t.o. ratio. She's in the top 10 nationally in a/t.o ratio and averages 7 pts, 5 rebs and 4.5 assists per game. I would like to see her be a bit more aggressive offensively since another scorer is so badly needed, and needs to shoot the 3 better than 33%. But IMO our problem is not PG, its a two guard and a back up PG we so badly need.

Give Jaz a good running mate at 2 and I think she's become (to my amazement) a very solid SEC PG. And just a sophomore in her first year of regular playing time. A huge upside for the future.

Reactions: travis929
I just watched Blair’s postgame interview. He was very complimentary of the Lady Vol fanbase. Even said the AD should open concessions earlier. Said they missed a lot of money.

I was most interested in what he said about our team. He said one of these days you won’t want to play us in the SEC tourney because we’ll get smarter and that’s all we’re missing to pair with our athleticism. He said we’ll go far once we get the pg play like former players Jolly and Lawson.

Jazz has improved considerably in the past year, and if she stays on that course, she'll be the smart PG we need next year.

Jazz has improved considerably in the past year, and if she stays on that course, she'll be the smart PG we need next year.
I think we were posting at the same time. Jaz' vast improvement and really impressive, solid performance has been somewhat overlooked and lumped in with the trainwreck of the rest of our guard play.

I hang on to the Jaz story b/c her incredible turn around gives me hope it can happen again with JH during the offseason. Said several times before, give Jordan the total Jaz makeover treatment, rinse and repeat!

Imagine anyone on here who hasn't done it at one time or another...don't think perfection has landed yet...:D

Agreed, it's a freakin' bball forum not an English test. School marms out, Lady Vol bball junkies in please.

Reactions: Chippo

He specifically said point guard play.

He specifically said point guard play.

Blair is a class act. He reminds me very much of my coach growing up. Coach was old school like Blair and expertly managed games from the sideline. Much like A&M teams we won a lot of games we had no business winning because we just had a smarter coach.

He is exactly right though, we have a lot of the right pieces but we’re not able to put the puzzle together yet. I really believe Horston is going to make a huge jump over the summer. If Jazz and Zaay both improve in areas they need to we are going to be in business at the guard spot.

Reactions: lvocd
Hmm thanks. Interesting pick of all our problems to specifically call out. Right after he watched JM have 6 assists, nine pts and no turnovers. I suspect he was just trying to compliment Kellie whose french braid fm back in the day he well remembers.

I've always liked Blair, he's an important part of Our Heyday history. He was one of that group of male SEC coaches back then - Landers, Van Chancellor, Jim Foster (that buttug yellow sweater!) and Blair who could NEVER beat Pat. Ole Gary could get downright antimated, I remember once way back he got a questionable call in a close game and literally danced a jig up and down the sideline, loafer tassels flying. My kids called him Dance Machine. He was always classy, seemed a good guy.

He had a really good Arky team we played (beat) in the Final Four one time, was that a Tamika team around 2000?

Reactions: lvocd
Hmm thanks. Interesting pick of all our problems to specifically call out. Right after he watched JM have 6 assists, nine pts and no turnovers. I suspect he was just trying to compliment Kellie whose french braid fm back in the day he well remembers.

I've always liked Blair, he's an important part of Our Heyday history. He was one of that group of male SEC coaches back then - Landers, Van Chancellor, Jim Foster (that buttug yellow sweater!) and Blair who could NEVER beat Pat. Ole Gary could get downright antimated, I remember once way back he got a questionable call in a close game and literally danced a jig up and down the sideline, loafer tassels flying. My kids called him Dance Machine. He was always classy, seemed a good guy.

He had a really good Arky team we played (beat) in the Final Four one time, was that a Tamika team around 2000?

I don’t think he intended to insult Jazz. She has been playing very well this season, but he is right, we’re lacking at the PG spot. The players he mentioned (Kellie and Kara) are legendary for their leadership on the court and their decision making. I believe that can be developed.

We still go through lulls where it’s obvious everyone is hoping someone else will take the reins. When this happens we look unorganized and usually turn the ball over. Opposing teams feed off of our tentative play. We need that strong PG presence that will be in charge and make something happen when nothing is going on. Seems the whole team will click for a bit but when they get stuck they are ALL stuck. Someone has to take over in those moments to prevent several minute scoring droughts.

Bobbitt did a wonderful job of this as well during her time. I still believe she was really a key to those teams. She was strong minded enough to be in charge. She also had great timing, she didn’t score a ton, but she was always capable of knocking in a big three or getting a steal and score when we really needed something positive to happen.

Jazz and Jordan could both improve a ton in pick and roll situations. Most of their assists (to me) seem to come in transition or the secondary break. If they can bridge that gap to develop plays in the half court we would be unstoppable. The timing/decision making just doesn’t seem very good in the half court offense. We rarely catch a post player on a roll to the basket. We’re forced to rely on Rennia and Rae to create/make tough shots rather than getting easy looks by making the easiest decision.

Definitely Jazz needs to be more of an organizational and aggressive offensive force. That's a reasonable expectation for her coming into next year, to go along with the stellar handle she developed this year.

To be fair to both JM and JH though, they are not exactly feeding on the pick n roll to say Chamique Holdsclaw, Candice Parker, Michelle Snow, etc. which KJH, Kara and Bobbitt did. KJH ran an offense (with stellar back up her Jr and Sr year from Ace Clement) that basically consisted of get it to Chamique or one of the Co-Meeks and get out of the way. KK and the gang are definitely not helping our guards look good. We do way too often look tentative, but that's because we have so few options. JH and Rae try to be their own option, but with very mixed results.

Hopefully all of this is better with experience gained, some key recruits, and a productive offseason.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back