I can be there tomorrow
02 Know.jpg
: Confident!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Confident?

Tipoff: 3:02 p.m. ET
Venue: Thompson-Boling Arena
Watch: ESPN2
Radio: Lady Vol Network
Online: Live Audio, Live Stats

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- No. 25/RV Tennessee (17-7, 7-4 SEC) and No. 16/18 Texas A&M (19-5, 7-4 SEC) will meet Sunday at 3:02 p.m. ET in Thompson-Boling Arena in a contest that has seeding ramifications for the SEC Tournament. The Lady Vols and Aggies enter the contest in a tie for fourth place in the conference standings along with Arkansas and Kentucky at 7-4. UK has a win over UT, and the Big Orange women face A&M and UA in their next two games. In addition to conference seeding, Sunday's contest offers Tennessee an opportunity against an A&M squad that ranks No. 18 in the RPI. As of Feb. 13, the Lady Vols occupy the No. 47 spot in the RPI, with upcoming games against Texas A&M (No. 18) and Arkansas (38) providing a chance to improve that stock.
Date: Sun., Feb. 16

BIG CROWD EXPECTED/ARRIVE EARLY
  • Tennessee's #12KinTBA promotion has drawn great interest. A season-best crowd surpassing 12,000 is expected on Sunday, so fans should plan to arrive on campus early.
  • This will mark the Lady Vols' third crowd over 10,000 this season after having no games reaching 10K in 2018-19.
  • General admission tickets are now available at AllVols.com for seating located in the 300 level on the side court. General admission tickets will also be available on game day, but fans are encouraged to purchase prior to arrival at the arena.
  • Gates open at 2 p.m. and free parking & shuttle service is available from UT's Ag Campus. Shuttles begin two hours prior to tip at 1 p.m.
For the Kids: REPLICA JERSEYS AND MORE PROMOS
  • The first 500 kids (12 and under) in attendance will receive a free replica #14 Kellie Jolly (Harper) youth jersey. Child must pick up a voucher and be present with voucher to redeem.
  • High School Team Day: Take your team out for a day at the Summitt. Contact Spencer Billingsley at sbillin7@vols.utk.edu for more details.
  • Enjoy the pregame Kids' Corner near section 113. It opens one hour prior to tipoff. Meet and take pictures with everyone's favorite dog, Smokey X. More fun includes free face painting, the Big Orange prize wheel, visits from cheerleaders, crafts and more at the Kids' Corner.
  • Postgame Layups: Kids 12 & younger can shoot a layup on the court after the game.
  • High-Five the Lady Vols: Kids 12 & younger can pick up a wristband at the Fan HQ table on the concourse to participate in the pregame high-five tunnel. Wristbands are limited. To purchase discounted group tickets and reserve wristbands for your team, call 865-946-7000.
  • Want to be the Jr.Vol of the Game? Sign up for the Jr.Vol Club today and get the chance to see yourself on the video board. Members also receive free Jr.Vol swag, tickets to games for all sports, and exclusive Jr.Vol events.
  • You can be a part of the Lady Vols' electric introductions. Make sure to download our light show app courtesy of Coca-Cola. The "Hoops Hype" app is available free of charge from the Apple Store or on the Google Play Store.
THE ROAD LEADING UP TO THIS
  • Tennessee's Rennia Davis is averaging 20.3 points per game in SEC play, shooting 53.7 percent (79-147) from the field and 81.8 (36-44) at the charity stripe.
  • Jordan Horston is UT's only other double-figure scorer in league play, contributing 10.5 per game.
  • Texas A&M enters Sunday's battle having dropped two of its last three, including losses at LSU and Mississippi State before taking down Vanderbilt at home on Thursday evening.
  • All-star guard Chennedy Carter missed seven games due to an injury, but she has returned to the lineup and only bolsters an Aggie squad that has several scoring options and plays aggressive defense.
  • TAMU has four players scoring in double figures in SEC play, including Carter (17.8), N'dea Jones (16.1), Kayla Wells (13.9) and Ciera Johnson (12.5). Jones averages 12.5 rebounds, as well, making her a consistent double-double threat.
RECAPPING OUR LAST CONTEST
  • The #25 Lady Vols pulled within one but couldn't overcome a 26-point fourth-quarter surge by LSU, falling 75-65 Thursday night in Baton Rouge.
  • Junior forward Rennia Davis led Tennessee (17-7, 7-4 SEC) with 19 points and six rebounds. Redshirt senior Lou Brown and freshman Tamari Key were nearly in double digits, finishing with nine points each.
  • Bench Contributing: UT's bench outscored LSU's bench, 20-15. It was the most points UT's bench had contributed since scoring 23 at Vanderbilt.
  • Turnovers In Check: Tennessee committed just 12 turnovers against LSU, tying its lowest turnover total in SEC play which came against Ole Miss on Jan. 9.
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?
  • After closing out a four-game swing where it had to play three of those away from home, the Lady Vols now get to play three of the next four at home.
  • Included in the run of home contests is No. 16/18 Texas A&M on Sunday (3 p.m. ET), Vanderbilt on Feb. 23 (noon) and Ole Miss on Feb. 27 (7 p.m.). The lone road game during that set is at No. 23/RV Arkansas on Feb. 20 (6 p.m. CT/7 ET).
  • The Vanderbilt game is UT's Live Pink, Bleed Orange (Play4Kay) game, and the Ole Miss date is Senior Night.
UT-TAMU SERIES NOTES
  • Tennessee holds an 8-5 all-time record vs. Texas A&M, dating back to Dec. 19, 1997.
  • UT is 3-1 in Knoxville, 1-3 in College Station and 4-1 at neutral sites vs. the Aggies.
  • Rennia Davis has an 11.0 ppg. average vs. the Aggies in three career games, scoring 10 last season after tallying 12 in College Station and 11 in Knoxville the year before.
  • In the initial meeting between these teams in Knoxville, on Feb. 28, 2013, Tennessee defeated A&M, 82-72, on Senior Day to give UT an SEC regular-season championship on the Lady Vols' home court. The squad had been picked to finish as low as fifth in the league and returned no starters.
  • Tennessee made its first-ever women's basketball appearance in College Station on Jan. 26, 2014, and the (then) #11/12 Lady Vols picked up a key victory over the (then) #17/15 Aggies, 76-55. A&M was the SEC leader at the time of that defeat.
  • UT's first two contests vs. Texas A&M came in tournaments, including one regular-season event in 1997-98 and one postseason event during the 2007-08 campaign.
  • In the first meeting, the #1/1 Lady Vols rolled to a 105-81 victory over the Aggies at the Northern Lights Invitational in Alaska in game two of a three-game stay.
  • The famed "Three Meeks" dazzled #8/9 A&M on Dec. 19, 1997, as Chamique Holdsclaw tallied 29, Semeka Randall tossed in 23 and Tamika Catchings added a double-double of 21 points and 12 rebounds for #1/1 UT in the high-scoring affair.
  • Kellie (Jolly) Harper was UT's point guard in that game, and she was the Lady Vols' fourth player in double figures with 14 points on 5-of-7 shooting, including a pair of three-pointers.
  • In 2008, Candace Parker scored 26 points and Alexis Hornbuckle chipped in 14, as the Lady Vols defeated Texas A&M, 53-45, in the Oklahoma City Regional Final to advance to the Final Four in Tampa.
  • After both of those tourney wins over the Aggies, the Lady Vols would advance to, and win, the NCAA Final Four in 1998 and 2008.
ABOUT TEXAS A&M
  • The Aggies returned 10 letterwinners, including all five starters, from last season's team that finished 26-8 overall and 12-4 in SEC play (third).
  • Texas A&M is led by junior guard Chennedy Carter, who averages 21.6 ppg. Carter recently returned to the lineup after missing seven games due to injury. Three others average double figures.
  • The Aggies are coached by Gary Blair, who is 402-164 in his 17th season in College Station.
  • A&M was predicted to win the SEC by the coaches and picked to place second by the media.
VolNation
TAMU last 3 game recaps:

No. 16 Women Roll Past Vandy
COLLEGE STATION –
The No. 16 Texas A&M women's basketball team bounced back in a big way, running away with a 74-53 win over Vanderbilt at Reed Arena Thursday night. Junior forward N'dea Jones recorded her 12th consecutive double-double to help lead the Aggies with 17 points and 12 boards. A&M (19-5, 7-4 SEC) used a 15-2 run midway through the first quarter to go up by double figures, and held a dominant, 28-10, lead after the opening 10 minutes of play. All seven Aggies that saw the floor in the first quarter scored. The Aggies put up seven of the first 10 points in the second period to push its lead to 22. Junior guard Chennedy Carter, who returned to action after missing seven games with an ankle injury, hit a jumper with six minutes to play before the half, and it was the last field goal for either team until the 2:29 mark.

No. 16 Aggies Unable to Get By No. 8 Bulldogs
STARKVILLE, Miss. –
The No. 16 Texas A&M women's basketball team was unable to outlast the No. 8 Mississippi State Bulldogs, falling 69-57 at Humphrey Coliseum Sunday afternoon. The Aggies put together a strong first half, taking a double-digit lead into the break, but Mississippi State came on strong in the second half to earn the victory. Junior guard Kayla Wells and junior forward N'dea Jones led the way with 16 points apiece. After a hot start, turnovers plagued the Aggies (18-5, 6-4 SEC) through the first quarter, which slowed production until Wells came on strong late in the period. Wells got A&M back within one, 12-11, by the end of the first quarter and her hot hand carried the team's momentum into the second quarter. Wells made it 14 first-half points, as the Aggies used a 12-2 run near the midway point in the quarter to go up double figures and position itself for a 37-26 halftime lead. A&M outscored the Bulldogs (22-3, 10-1 SEC) 26-14 in the second quarter. A late scoring drought allowed Mississippi State to get back within two possession in the third quarter, but A&M held on to the lead, 49-43, heading into the final period. The Bulldogs scored the first nine points of the fourth quarter to regain the lead and never looked back. They extended their lead the rest of the way, never letting A&M get back within striking distance

No. 15 Women Suffer Road Loss at LSU, 59-58
BATON ROUGE, La.--
No. 15 Texas A&M saw its four-game win streak snapped with a tough 59-58 loss to LSU Sunday afternoon inside the Maravich Assembly Center. Aaliyah Wilson led the way for the Aggies, scoring a season-high 16 points and adding 7 rebounds, 2 steals and a block. Kayla Wells also scored 16 while N'dea Jones added 12 points and 12 rebounds, extending her double-double streak to 10 games. Trailing by two with 17 seconds to go, Jones swatted a Khayla Pointer shot and leapt out of bounds to save the ball, getting it to Ciera Johnson and setting the Aggies up for the potential game-tying or game-winning possession. A&M, however, could not convert a layup with 6 seconds to go and LSU held on to the win with a pair of late free throws. After the Aggies controlled the game early on, LSU used a 9-1 run late in the first quarter to pull ahead and hold a two-possession lead through the end of the quarter. Production slowed for both teams in the second quarter. A&M stole back the momentum in the third quarter, outscoring LSU 24-16 to regain the lead. The Aggies used a 13-2 run late and a huge, mid-court buzzer beater by junior guard Aaliyah Wilson to go up 43-42 with 10 minutes to play. With LSU back on top in the fourth quarter, Wilson drove the lane and snapped a 6-0 run by the Tigers with just over two minutes to play. She came up big again with 45 seconds on the clock when she converted a three-point play to make it a two-point game, 57-55.

By the Numbers:

Scoring…UT 70.88 opp 52.96 TAMU 70.42 opp 57.33
Depth (over 20 mpg)… UT 6 / TAMU 6
FG made (over 70)…UT 4 / TAMU 4
3 pt’ers…(40 att & over 30%)...UT6 & 6 TAMU 4 & 5
FT’s (over 70)…UT 2 TAMU 4
Scoring (10 ppg)…UT 4 TAMU 4
Rebs (over 4.5 pg)…UT 6 TAMU 3
Assists (over 50)…UT 3 TAMU 2
Turnovers (over 50)…UT 3 TAMU 3
Asst-TO, ratio…UT 395-414 = .98 to 1 TAMU 374-326 = 1.15 to 1
Steals (20+)…UT 4 TAMU 4
Blocks (20+)…UT 2 TAMU 1

Masse: TN 63 TAMU 67
RPI.com: TN 72 TAMU 65

Last edited:
At an interview today, Kellie said they don't teach the girls how to block shots......One of their major advantages is their height/length, but Kellie has no interest in teaching shot blocking techniques that might prevent a foul, or stopping the winning points from being scored........

I wish she had not said that...
04c81885-3ad4-4778-ba31-6a5287ee2ae5-KNS-LadyVols-ArkansasPineBluff_BP_18.JPG

I really wish we had a stellar post coach. Candace had great things to say about Lockwood helping her, but then we had a long string of posts whose development was either lagging or non-existent while they were at Tenn. I'm not sure we have the right person in this position now. How long can it take to address shot blocking?

Reactions: Darth_Vol
I am posting really have nothing to add. This looks like a loss to me think we have regressed. The LSU loss was very hard to stomach we gave nothing on defense or effort to win that game. A few players were totally inept on offense and defense look at the box score easy to figure out who they were on offense and look at how many LSU scored 75 way above anything they been capable of against most teams. Ole Miss held them to 52 and that was with Mitchell. Granted Ole Miss only scored 44 still great game plan and defense to make a game of it. Texas A&M has Carter back she can get to the rim and is far better than anybody LSU had so here we go. I hope we win not expecting that to happen we looked worse in the last game against a team we should've been able to compete with and win. A lot of talk about bad losses and good losses well LSU was a bad loss.

My first negative thoughts about Harper because we had a week off to prepare and really were awful. I hope it was a bad day that everyone has now and then.

Frozen, the interview is on YOUTube, under coach kellie 2-15-20.....She is proud they don't teach shot blocking....This is so weird.

Volfan,. wait till you listen to her interview...Strange.

Reactions: madtownvol
A&M 72
UT 64

The defense and rebounding looks to have taken a step back. They have more consistent scorers.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Frozen, the interview is on YOUTube, under coach kellie 2-15-20.....She is proud they don't teach shot blocking....This is so weird.

I heard it not something I would've said even if I didn't do it. She was also talking about bad effort and they definitely asked her the though questions. Whatever happens the rest of this season not going to affect her much with most fans is her first year new system lots of different players. If we see that kind of poor play and effort next season you know it will be hard to be kind you have to turn the corner sometime. Holly couldn't get anything out of a lot of these same players either. Then you have some new faces that seem to be developing bad habits which is very concerning. You see how a lot of other teams freshmen have progressed to this point and you wonder why ours are still not getting better. A lot of teams don't have five star freshmen players yet some of them are playing far better than the ones we have. I don't like how were progressing didn't expect to beat SC or Miss St although I thought we had a slight chance vs Miss St. The LSU game was an unexpected loss totally shocked at how we played and the effort we game totally unexpected and completely unacceptable.

",,,,against LSU,,,,you know it's not necessary the lack of effort so much as just the lack of will,,,just ,,,another level of.......confidence,,I guess,,,"

See picture caption in game thread...Wow, perfect timing

Find that confidence Coach K!

Last edited:

Actually, we have such a high rate of success in our shot blocking already that, with as many other things this team needs to improve on, it seems like it might be a waste of the precious little practice time we have to spend any of it on shot blocking. Are we really getting that many fouls called on us while attempting to block shots? Sure doesn’t seem like it to me.

My gut tells me that Kellie doesn’t actually believe that shot blocking is unimportant. I think she is sending the message to our players that some of them need to think of themselves as being more than just shot blockers because there are other areas that could use some of their focus and energy.

I really do think she’s just trying to tell the players, “If you want to impress ME, you’re going to have to focus on more than just blocking shots.” I agree with her. We’re ALREADY great at blocking shots. Take a dang charge every now and then, for the love of god! Follow your shot every now and then! Think about dominating the glass!

Last edited:

She doesn't teach shot blocking. She also said in the post a week or so ago, when Uconn put us away in the third quarter that she didn't want to use a TO because it was good to let the girls figure it out. She also said in her interview on Monday night that they could not guard LSU because they had no urgency, at lest she didn't say I have no clue. I don't see a lot difference in this year than last year even with all of our talent. There is no improvement, but every other team that has freshman playing seem to be getting better every week. Unfortunately I saw this from game one, but hoped so bad for it to get better. It is going to take a lot of money for a top coach to bring us back to where we once were. As much as I hope, and loved her as a player, I just don't think she is the one to get it done

Reactions: Bsport
She doesn't teach shot blocking. She also said in the post a week or so ago, when Uconn put us away in the third quarter that she didn't want to use a TO because it was good to let the girls figure it out. She also said in her interview on Monday night that they could not guard LSU because they had no urgency, at lest she didn't say I have no clue. I don't see a lot difference in this year than last year even with all of our talent. There is no improvement, but every other team that has freshman playing seem to be getting better every week. Unfortunately I saw this from game one, but hoped so bad for it to get better. It is going to take a lot of money for a top coach to bring us back to where we once were. As much as I hope, and loved her as a player, I just don't think she is the one to get it done

Are you aware that Tennessee ranks #2 inNCAA Division I women’s basketball in blocks, trailing only South Carolina? How much of Lady Vol practices should Kellie devote to improving this (apparently) terrible situation? 25%? Or maybe forget about shooting free throws in practice until we reach #1 in the nation?

Good grief, people!

Are you aware that Tennessee ranks #2 inNCAA Division I women’s basketball in blocks, trailing only South Carolina? How much of Lady Vol practices should Kellie devote to improving this (apparently) terrible situation? 25%? Or maybe forget about shooting free throws in practice until we reach #1 in the nation?

Good grief, people!

South Carolina leads the SEC in blocked shots (they are also #1 in the country) IJS
Blocked shots often lead to causing turnovers
Blocking shots demoralizes opponents...it makes them think twice about coming into the paint
The only player on our squad without a blocked shot is Rennie

It's not about improving what we are already good at,,its about appreciating what we ARE good at and the effort it takes to block a shot

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan

I just listened to that portion of her interview. It began by Kellie talking about how Key not only has height but really long arms and that she does a good job of hitting the ball at a high point and staying straight up to not commit a foul. So, Kellies makes a detailed analysis of how Key follows the cardinal defensive rule of staying vertical not bringing your arms down to make contact and give up a cheap foul. (And you can bet she teaches that fundamental skill but I think her point is that you can't teach someone to be 6-5 with 7 ft plus wing span.) She did say she teaches her players to take charges.

All in all, I don't think it is weird that she focuses on teaching defensive fundamentals and works on charges rather than saying okay Rennie, your turn now elasta-girl a 7 ft. wing span and block those shots at their heighest point above the time

In contrast, think of the positioning, timing, and footwork it takes to draw a charge. that is an important and coachable skill and Kellies figures the players who have shot blocking aptitude will do their thing, so long as they are not picking up cheap fouls.

Kellies also talked about how they have worked with Key to clean up a lot of positioning and timing errors that had been limiting her defensive effectiveness.

I encourage everyone to listen to the interview- Kellie knows what she is doing.

Taking charges?
I'll keep an eye on that and hope to see us improving at it

Last edited:
Taking charges?
I'll keep an eye on that

Jumper, I sure wish you’d try taking a little break from riding on Kellie’s back. :rolleyes:

If it’s even remotely possible that she DOES actually read this board, I’d have to think that your constant uber-scrutinizing performance critiques have got to be adding even more weight to the already-heavy burden she carries as a first-year coach trying to resurrect a struggling program.

I know you believe that, as a coach yourself, you have a right to hold her feet to the fire. But jeez, man. You are beginning to sound less and less like someone who wants her to succeed and more like someone who has a personal axe to grind. It seems more and more like you are enjoying more getting to point out perceived flaws in staff than you enjoy being a fan of the Lady Vols. :(

That may not be what’s happening at all. But that’s a perception that I suspect many have. Lighten up a little, okay?

Jumper, I sure wish you’d try taking a little break from riding on Kellie’s back. :rolleyes:

If it’s even remotely possible that she DOES actually read this board, I’d have to think that your constant uber-scrutinizing performance critiques have got to be adding even more weight to the already-heavy burden she carries as a first-year coach trying to resurrect a struggling program.

I know you believe that, as a coach yourself, you have a right to hold her feet to the fire. But jeez, man. You are beginning to sound less and less like someone who wants her to succeed and more like someone who has a personal axe to grind. It seems more and more like you are enjoying more getting to point out perceived flaws in staff than you enjoy being a fan of the Lady Vols. :(

That may not be what’s happening at all. But that’s a perception that I suspect many have. Lighten up a little, okay?

I do apologize to people like you who consider that I am against her, I am not
Coaches have to consider their words carefully.
I too have to consider mine.
apologies.

Last edited:
At an interview today, Kellie said they don't teach the girls how to block shots......One of their major advantages is their height/length, but Kellie has no interest in teaching shot blocking techniques that might prevent a foul, or stopping the winning points from being scored........

I wish she had not said that...

Wow. Just wow...

(This is why I wish we had email abilities)

@T_Vol376 ,,I miss you posting and apologize that we were put in a situation like we were. I, and this site, consider you an asset to the LV's...Hoping you are ok

Sincerely,
Coach J

Coach Jumper,
Are you hurting recruiting???

To start with, I do appreciate your knowledge and have learned a lot reading your posts.
In some of your posts you say you don’t criticize players because recruits might read this forum and if we are critical of players, it may turn them away from Tenn..

What about your posts about coaching??? You yourself mentioned how players/parents will go to the best coach. Maybe you were just talking about high school or AAU And not college. If I were a recruit wanting the best coaching I could get, some of your posts would turn me away from UT. How many times have you said good coaching would teach them x, y, and z. For example you talked about trapping after they pass the mid court line or how you could teach them better shooting techniques, etc., etc., etc.. You constantly say if they hired you to help coach, you could make them much better. Even in your post above you hint that Kellie is not at a high standard and to get there she needs an influence like you.

I really do like your post but I do find they may turn off some recruits, IF they look at the forum. If they are going to be influenced by a forum, maybe we would be better off with out them anyway.

I am not saying this to be negative and you are certainly free to say about anything you want to. I know you love the Lady Vols and want them to be the best. My only suggestion is that you might want to rethink how to get your point across without saying all the time that they need coaching from you to get them where they need to be.

Coach Jumper,

To start with, I do appreciate your knowledge and have learned a lot reading your posts.
In some of your posts you say you don’t criticize players because recruits might read this forum and if we are critical of players, it may turn them away from Tenn..

What about your posts about coaching??? You yourself mentioned how players/parents will go to the best coach. Maybe you were just talking about high school or AAU And not college. If I were a recruit wanting the best coaching I could get, some of your posts would turn me away from UT. How many times have you said good coaching would teach them x, y, and z. For example you talked about trapping after they pass the mid court line or how you could teach them better shooting techniques, etc., etc., etc.. You constantly say if they hired you to help coach, you could make them much better. Even in your post above you hint that Kellie is not at a high standard and to get there she needs an influence like you.

I really do like your post but I do find they may turn off some recruits, IF they look at the forum. If they are going to be influenced by a forum, maybe we would be better off with out them anyway.

I am not saying this to be negative and you are certainly free to say about anything you want to. I know you love the Lady Vols and want them to be the best. My only suggestion is that you might want to rethink how to get your point across without saying all the time that they need coaching from you to get them where they need to be.

Raebo, I am a player's coach, but not a coddling coach to my players.
My every thought is to the players with the focus on coaching.
I have tried to connect with UT and its staff, but I guess my personality scares them.
CHW wrote me off and blocked me from summer coaching with two athletes who asked for me.

All I ask is for a chance to show I am more than just knowledge, I am ability and a professional.
CHW threw her players under the bus in pressers, calling them out for bat shots, when they weren't bad and lack of effort, when she herself showed none. She changed nothing in her coaching style during her tenure here.

Coach K has a chance to rewrite UT history.
I truly hope she will and more than that hope she will consider too,,, athletes are listening.

Thank you for putting me into perspective.
If I am to shout out "listen",,, then I better do it myself.

Last edited:
I think Texas A&M wins 69-62. I hope i'm wrong but it seems like the LadyVols are fading out and will wind up in the WNIT.

tually, we have such a high rate of success in our shot blocking already that, with as many other things this team needs to improve on, it seems like it might be a waste of the precious little practice time we have to spend any of it on shot blocking
Exactly. Key is an excellent shot blocker already. So many other things to work on. Plus coaches think shot blocking is an invitation for a bad foul call. Non issue IMO. Players gonna block shots when they can, don't worry.
Coach Jumper,
No. Sorry, but this is silly. Just as they aren't going to ask him to be there tomorrow, no one is going to base recruiting on his posts. Or mine, or anyone elses.

I'm constantly amazed how many posters seem to not understand the nature of the forum they're posting on. Armchair coaching featuring hyper analysis and criticism is the only reason these boards exist. And they aren't real life in the scope of the real team and coaches. No different from water cooler coaching at work. Thinking it has any effect whatsoever on the real stuff is over-inflating our importance in a very big way.
If I were a recruit wanting the best coaching I could get, some of your posts would turn me away from UT
If I were a recruit wanting the best coaching the LAST place I'd look is an old school internet fan forum. I've said before, any parent or player who lets fan bloviating affect their decision probably lacks the focus and maturity to play major college bball.

These parents and players have been celebs in their sphere for a long, long time. They know what to ignore.

BTW, there are total sunshine pumper boards anyone can participate on if that is your preference.

VN Store

Back