Game Thread: #24/25 TENNESSEE VS. ALABAMA

This was not a great game for her, but she made some big baskets down the stretch and she’s by far our best perimeter defender. You don’t have to believe me, ask her coaches and teammates. Rennia said Jordan inspires her to play better defense. The kid is a player and we’re lucky she chose UT.

ALL TRUE

LOL, now I’m Mrs. Horston? You’re a clown. I’m a 38 year old wife and mother of a 2 year old son, in St. Louis,MO. I’m barely old enough to have an 18/19 year old. You got called on your bs and now you’re throwing crap against the wall hoping it sticks. You are the reason people don’t want their kids going to UT, overzealous clowns making uneducated assumptions about kids and their families. Grow up.

uncool statement and untrue

I shouldn’t have to say tonight. This thread is literally titled Game Thread: Tennessee vs. Alabama not Lady Vols 2019-2020 season. Try to follow along. Reading comprehension problems or so you just spin things to fit your narrative when you want? I thought her defense was bad tonight and she forced some shots she shouldn’t have. But thanks for chiming in Mrs. Horston.

You're relatively new here, but statements about that kid will make people say things they don't ordinarily say. Like me, when I tell you to "Back the H off of Jordan". The kid brings 100% to every minute on the floor. And I for one am proud she chose my university.

Let's all just take a deep breath and enjoy the win.

Put on your Smokey costumes and do your best happy dances. Maybe even get your significant others involved.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
She may not practice it that EXACT way (dribbling off the foot), but she practices taking long shots with a hand in her face. Why are you so determined to diminish that beautiful, what ended up being the game winning shot? If you knew anything about Re you would know that luck had very little to do with it. 🤨

Look it was lucky, but I ain't mad at it. I appreciate a little luck going our way from time to time. Look at the shot Bama hit to take the lead (right before Davis' game-winning rainmaker). It was a brick, a terrible shot, bounced up about as high as the top of the backboard and came down through the net. The fact that Davis' shot was also bit lucky does not diminish it at all in my eyes. If it does in your eyes then that's your problem. I'm happy with the win.

Look it was lucky, but I ain't mad at it. I appreciate a little luck going our way from time to time. Look at the shot Bama hit to take the lead (right before Davis' game-winning rainmaker). It was a brick, a terrible shot, bounced up about as high as the top of the backboard and came down through the net. The fact that Davis' shot was also bit lucky does not diminish it at all in my eyes. If it does in your eyes then that's your problem. I'm happy with the win.

I never said anything that would remotely suggest it was diminished in my eyes, so stop trying to flip it. That was all you. My entire original post was calling you out for criticizing the shot. What a 🤡!

Last edited:
I never said anything that would remotely suggest it was diminished in my eyes, so stop trying to flip it. That was all you. My entire original post was calling you out for criticizing the shot. What a 🤡!

You are the one that said I diminished the shot, which I did not. Just because it was a lucky shot (a fact, or, at the least, a reasonable opinion), does not diminish it in my eyes. Look, I'm happy, I'm not the one upset; I think it was an awesome shot. Enjoy the lucky shot and the awesome win, friend.

Luck has not got our way recently, but I sense that changing. Get ready for the decade of the VOLS (Ladies and Men).

Reactions: T_Vol376
I don't think it's a rivalry anymore since it's been so long since they've played

IMO, the only reason it was ever a rivalry game is because ESPN portrayed it as such to promote UConn. This was always a game promoted from the UConn/ESPN perspective. I don’t think Pat ever really WANTED to play the game every year but was willing to put up with the BS being thrown her way until the recruiting behavior went way over the top. To me, that was a great personal sacrifice on her part. I personally would have played them one time then shut it down due to their classless behavior. UConn desperately needed the game but the Lady Vols didn’t.

This game was always important to UConn because it was a measuring stick for rankings and bragging rites on the recruiting trail. It also gave UConn fans at ESPN the justification to continue campaigning on behalf of their home state university. One should not underestimate how influential this alliance was and continues to be. It has benefitted UConn on several levels and has been unfair to universities not UConn.

I feel sorry for Pat having to deal with all the BS much of which she could not expect or understand given how she was raised. It was just so classless and undeserving. It makes me sad and kinda PO’d if I dwell on it for some time.

So, here we are again with ESPN portraying the game as a rivalry to feed the needs of a select group in Connecticut. This is more about revenge/outrage for us doing the equivalent of flipping off UConners. Kinda like what they did to us and other perennial powers during their rise to power.

I don’t think we should play them during the regular season. I don’t think we should do anything that might potentially empower or reward those who disrespected WCBB powers of the 70’s and 80’s while throwing crap at Pat. Make no mistake, this game is only about ESPN and UConn

IMO, the only reason it was ever a rivalry game is because ESPN portrayed it as such to promote UConn. This was always a game promoted from the UConn/ESPN perspective. I don’t think Pat ever really WANTED to play the game every year but was willing to put up with the BS being thrown her way until the recruiting behavior went way over the top. To me, that was a great personal sacrifice on her part. I personally would have played them one time then shut it down due to their classless behavior. UConn desperately needed the game but the Lady Vols didn’t.
This game was always important to UConn because it was a measuring stick for rankings and bragging rites on the recruiting trail. It also gave UConn fans at ESPN the justification to continue campaigning on behalf of their home state university. One should not underestimate how influential this alliance was and continues to be. It has benefitted UConn on several levels and has been unfair to universities not UConn.
I feel sorry for Pat having to deal with all the BS much of which she could not expect or understand given how she was raised. It was just so classless and undeserving. It makes me sad and kinda PO’d if I dwell on it for some time.
So, here we are again with ESPN portraying the game as a rivalry to feed the needs of a select group in Connecticut. This is more about revenge/outrage for us doing the equivalent of flipping off UConners. Kinda like what they did to us and other perennial powers during their rise to power.
I don’t think we should play them during the regular season. I don’t think we should do anything that might potentially empower or reward those who disrespected WCBB powers of the 70’s and 80’s while throwing crap at Pat. Make no mistake, this game is only about ESPN and UConn

You are the one that said I diminished the shot, which I did not. Just because it was a lucky shot (a fact, or, at the least, a reasonable opinion), does not diminish it in my eyes. Look, I'm happy, I'm not the one upset; I think it was an awesome shot. Enjoy the lucky shot and the awesome win, friend.

Luck has not got our way recently, but I sense that changing. Get ready for the decade of the VOLS (Ladies and Men).

I surely hope so. It is more than past time. #GBO

Looked like the LVs were celebrating a natty....

this game was not a lot to chirp about..... JMHO
Maybe it's not a Natty but it is momentum back to winning.........believing they will make that last shot. They actually seem to like each other and are buying in to the Vols moving back
up. Coach K's passion and competitive spirit will be contagious. They need to sharpen up on some basics and tighten up the turnover situation but the product on the court will be what all Lady Vols fans have been waiting to see. Go Vols

Maybe it's not a Natty but it is momentum back to winning.........believing they will make that last shot. They actually seem to like each other and are buying in to the Vols moving back
up. Coach K's passion and competitive spirit will be contagious. They need to sharpen up on some basics and tighten up the turnover situation but the product on the court will be what all Lady Vols fans have been waiting to see. Go Vols

I am with you. Winning a close game and ending a very long losing steak to a conference foe, on we back pat night no less, is sure as heck something to celebrate.

By LVBill's rationale, why celebrate anything short of national championship? Just win a game and then glumly march off the court knowing that there is a bigger job to do be done. Players and fans cannot be allowed to have any moments of unbridled joy through sport and moments of magic. Each game is but one step in a grim, arduous march to the national championship and for all but one team, there will be no joy in mudville; only the haunting experiences of defeat, failure and soul crushing disappointment.

Eh, I will take the LVs going crazy after a unforgettable game winning shot. If that is as good as it gets, well at least we had that (but I think will more magic moments this season).

Eh, I will take the LVs going crazy after a unforgettable game winning shot. If that is as good as it gets, well at least we had that (but I think will more magic moments this season).
Totally agree. It's all perspective. If you've lived thru what we have the last few seasons, any last second win, especially to get the Bama monkey off our back, is worth on court dog piling.

Of course the goal is to get to the point we only tear down the goalposts after nattys, but we've been sooooo far from that, and the joylessness has been so startling and sad, that a lucky last shot win over a mid level SEC team is huge. Yes it says alot about where we've been, but also hopefully alot about where we're going.

Pat Summitt did the heavy lifting, so Mr. Ego Geno could step in and do his thing. She is a legend, larger than life, and he is a coach, walking a path made easier by those going before him. Numbers don't make you exceptional.......character does. ESPN can just pound sand.

VN Store

Back