Game Thread: (23/24) Lady Vols vs. (rv/rv) Georgia

Suarez i also notice she get`s her shot stuffed a lot in the paint .
She's very slow to make a move. Against an experienced post defender, she will struggle because they won't bite on her slow-motion ball fakes.

We were terrible in the third quarter committing a lot of bad turnovers. We didn't really guard. but still credit to their senior guards for making some huge threes and getting in the passing lanes to pick off some weak passes. We found a way to get back in the game in the fourth had a chance to win. I only wish Davis would've taken the shot instead of passing to KK. I could live more with getting a shot and losing and not getting one at all. I thought Rennia had a very good shot without passing. Regardless lesson for our team you must play 40 minutes. I don't like the thought that Coach Harper has to light them up to get them to play with effort. They should have the pride to play as hard as they can until the final whistle to end the game is blown.
When we play these experienced guards that are quick it is obvious that our point guard situation is getting us in trouble. Horston just couldn't get it going in the second half and Walker is way from 100 percent healthy. Salary just shows her inexperience everytime she plays against experienced players. It was a bad loss even though Georgia is a very good team. They will be ranked we will drop out of the rankings. On to Alabama not a good look for us hopefully we at least come out and play with some intensity regardless of the outcome.

Key was just as bad as the rest of the team in this loss. She wasn't playing hard. She could score at will, but wasn't demanding the ball the way KK was.

Let`s be fair and i agree she had her dip in play. But without her we have no 17pt lead.

Reactions: Lucy
We were doing so good, until....
D1jqoA.gif

Reactions: creekdipper
it was poor coaching, pure and simple GT

No timeouts taken
3 fouls to give with 4:01 to go and we wait and use them in a 15 second span in the last 22 seconds
then in a presser it is "they, we and us",,,, No me, or I, ,,,, only them (the girls)
It was like watching Holly without the head scratching

One thing I do not stand for is a coach blaming their players unless I see an absolute and undeniable effort by the coach
and I did not see that

I am normally over games by the next day, but not after watching that crap show last night. Kellie went after the ref very late in the game, how about call a TO a chew the players out and demand better or be benched. And then watching the ending was embarrassing for women's basketball. Fall out of bounds hitting the ball when their player misses 2 FT, and then the last 2 possessions speak for themselves. UGA tried to lose at the end and couldnt. I am still pissed allowing the players to lolly gag around. Have a team meeting and ask who wants to continue playing? If I were coaching last night I'd likely would have had a stroke or heart attack being so irate. And during we back Pat week(or so) with Summitt on the back of the jersey. Inexcusable and Kellie should be embarrassed she allowed that travesty to take place.

Reactions: GameTime

VN Store

Back