Game Thread: (23/24) Lady Vols at (RV/NR) Alabama

Are you codgers even watching this game or are you just grumbling for yesteryear and good old Kick Ass Pat for fun? Davis has 8 pts, 6 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals. What else would have liked her to do? Pop the popcorn at the concession stand?
And, put the butter on the popcorn. LOL

Reactions: glv98
Walker and Copeland have given teams issues all year long in the post. Key and KK have really stepped it up the last few games. I think Key just likes SEC play at this point lol

I do think she’s one of those rare players who prefers playing against size. Sometimes it’s easier. She’s so big when she has to defend undersize posts normal movements look like fouls. She actually has more freedom against a big body like Copeland.

When you don't get an opportunity to play often, you try harder to make an impact when you do get in,,,I applaud her for being visible,,, the worse thing she can do is play, not to make a mistake
She seems to lack any self confidence. It's on her face.

Are you codgers even watching this game or are you just grumbling for yesteryear and good old Kick Ass Pat for fun? Davis has 8 pts, 6 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals. What else would have liked her to do? Pop the popcorn at the concession stand?

When you are older, you will be able to look at a game like this and see she made a ton of bad decisions. I pointed several out as they occurred. You saw none of them because you don't know what to look for.

That is separate from what else she did where she contributed positively in other areas. It is not all or nothing. But if you want to get better, you have to have a critical eye.

Reactions: mlindsay
If we can get more of this Horston (where she is looking to score more and facilitate less) we'd be very tough to beat. She is a difficult matchup for a lot of teams, and I hope she is starting to realize that.

Yes, she’s gonna learn very quickly as well that looking for her own shot will make those passing lanes that much larger.

I think the argument is that in a game like this our Star player would have double of that in every category. Excuse many of us for expecting dominance rather than settling. Which she has done so often. When will she ever "take over" the game and not get involved only when she wants to

Reactions: FrozenLVFan
Impressive 1st half. Rennia wasn't her best but she was at least aggressive on both offense and defense. That's all I can ask as a fan. Just show grit and effort, because shots don't always fall.
Key and KK another solid half. UT is one player short of being elite. I really think Horston Burrell Davis and Key make a formidable 4. Can Suarez Salary Mccoy or Walker step up to be a solid 5th?

I do think she’s one of those rare players who prefers playing against size. Sometimes it’s easier. She’s so big when she has to defend undersize posts normal movements look like fouls. She actually has more freedom against a big body like Copeland.

I completely agree with this assessment

Reactions: VolBall09
I think the argument is that in a game like this our Star player would have double of that in every category. Excuse many of us for expecting dominance rather than settling. Which she has done so often. When will she ever "take over" the game and not get involved only when she wants to
Well yes, of course we should expect 16 pts, 12 rebs and 8 assists per half or she's clearly slacking and we're settling for mediocrity. Whatever, ya'll are crazy.

Not a good start to the second half.

VN Store

Back