Schedule
Game Notes (PDF)

ALABAMA

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes

Go Lady Vols

Last edited:
So don't you think its a little cruel to make us think about this right now? Kristy Curry has not exactly been healing balm for us the last few years, and her team is playing really well. At home. Why don't you go ahead and start a UConn thread while we're down?
I need a little more time to heal.

Reactions: Rickster
So don't you think its a little cruel to make us think about this right now? Kristy Curry has not exactly been healing balm for us the last few years, and her team is playing really well. At home. Why don't you go ahead and start a UConn thread while we're down?
I hope the UConn game is cancelled. I know this is cruel but it is realistic. A 30 to 40 points beatdown will not help the Lady Vols. They have problems, like too many turnovers, that need to be corrected before playing a team like UConn.

Reactions: Chippo and 1985Vols

Suck it up snowflake. Time stops for no one.

200.gif

Last edited:

I am confident the LVs will bounce back. They got rattled when Georgia mixed it up in the 2nd half and made things harder. You could see the team did get complacent because everything was coming easy and then they got more and more rattled. It is the same story you always hear from teams that are on the wrong side of historic comebacks. It snowballed and..... The small tragedy is that with one just one executed offensive set in the last 20 seconds, they could have snatched victory from you know.

I think it might be tough to win Sunday we'll see what happens. Bama is a solid team we don't play well against them game could go either way. Overall team made me think they were going to be better than I expected them to be. Now back to where I thought they would be which is still an NCAA berth and a finish in the top six of the SEC. Plus if we do lose the next two the morons that come out on this board will be in full appearance mode so hopefully we win.

Last edited:
Will be watching. Proud these women were willing to exercise their right of free speech to call attention to a social issue they care deeply about. And I am sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace Parler.
Where else do they call attention to social issues besides in front of a camera??? What are they really doing to help. Kneeling when our country is being honored is not helping nor doing!

Aha! A Holly scheduling acolyte appears. Yes, we need more cupcakes. Wouldn't want to test our vaunted strength against a serious foe. Come on now. We vanquished the mighty bayou dwellers of LSU, surely UConn will be no contest.
You do realize that LSU beat number 7 in the country Texas A&M the very next game after our game. I wouldn't call them a cupcake they have beaten some very good teams this season and are 3 and 2 in the SEC.

I think it might be tough to win Sunday we'll see what happens. Bama is a solid team we don't play well against them game could go either way. Overall team made me think they were going to be better than I expected them to be. Now back to where I thought they would be which is still an NCAA berth and a finish in the top six of the SEC. Plus if we do lose the next two the morons that come out on this board will be in full appearance mode so hopefully we win.
I want them to win just for this reason as well

Reactions: Volfan2012
Suck it up snowflake. Time stops for no one.

200.gif

I 100% cop to snowflake status on this one. Plus total selfishness. Its not about cupcakes or schedules or coaches or kneeling or anything but the crappy way getting drilled by UConn will make me feel right now. And the 99.9% chance that's exactly what will happen. If it doesn't, I'll be happy to have been a nervous nelly. But for now, I just don't want to see Geno crushing us under his heel on the Summitt.

I am confident the LVs will bounce back. They got rattled when Georgia mixed it up in the 2nd half and made things harder. You could see the team did get complacent because everything was coming easy and then they got more and more rattled. It is the same story you always hear from teams that are on the wrong side of historic comebacks. It snowballed and..... The small tragedy is that with one just one executed offensive set in the last 20 seconds, they could have snatched victory from you know.

The lady vols have a match up problem. KJH put a lot of stock into 6-3 Marta and in this game she get`s 6-3 Walker a dual threat inside and outside.

I am only concerned by this game ....Bama ....at the moment.Fact is Bama has outcoached and outplayed the Lady Vols for the last 3 years and the primary reason was their defense .I am hopeful for this game that their :ball handling will improve,their motivation to play hard and hustle will drastically improve; no more lolly pop passing ....crisp confident passing that do not go into the opposing players hands;their offense has good spacing and movement ....do not bring the ball up court stop just after the mid court line dribble the ball until it is taken out their hands or pass it to opposition....at least have an out of bounds play where you can get it into a Lady Vols hands and she catches that ball without turning it over;and finally I hope their layups /bunnies and free throw shooting improve for this game.If they can just have 50 % improvement of the above for this game ,they have a chance to win.... and if they can solve the Bama zone defense which they will use for most of the game.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I am not confident we will win nor am I thinking we will lose. We surprise sometime Indiana and Arkansas and disappoint other times West Va., LSU and Georgia. If I were picking I would say we would win the latter three and we did win one of them and lose the two versus Indiana and Arkansas. I think the last two games have been games where we played really well and terrible in the same game. I don't like to see teams that relax with a lead. We did it somewhat against Indiana but Davis was up to the task that day. We never let Arkansas get close when they would get it to nine we would get it back up to 15. West Va. poor play early great play late then poor play in overtime. Forty minutes is what we need with total effort will we ever get it still watching and hoping. Arkansas is as close as we've come with everyone being on the same page for a full forty.

Marta ...bless her heart... is too slow to guard Harper and most other SEC players she will be matched up with.
Marta was a lot quicker when she was playing in Spain. She looks a lot heavier something like 15 pounds. She was never quick enough to guard a player like Walker but she certainly was more capable than she is now. To play in the SEC as a starter Marta is needing to get more physically fit and it can't happen this season so hopefully over the summer she will get it done.

VN Store

Back