Game Thread: (23/24) Lady Vols at (RV/NR) Alabama

If we can just play the third quarter even think we can win today. I don't know what will happen sure they are going to pressure. We'll either commit a bunch of turnovers or get some easy baskets.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Davis ignored Emily again so Kasi could miss the shot.

Bad judgment all day long from her.
Are you kidding? I thought Davis had a very good half. Lots of hustle rebounds, good scoring, decent defense. Just one t.o.

But the star of the first half party was obviously Jordan Horston who, while playing PG 90% of the time, had her best half of the year, maybe of her career.

Well, here we are again. This time w/a 19 point lead at Half. Can we hold on to a win this time out??

We'll have to wait and see which TN Lady Vols team comes back out to play in the 3rd and 4th Qtr.

Reactions: Border Vol
Coach has clearly been working with JH on end of quarter execution. That has been a ton better the last 3 games.

Now, almost exact same scenario except we have an even larger lead. We have to expect they are going to punch us back in the third quarter. We have to keep playing defense and keep getting the ball in the paint. If it gets out of hand I really hope we see a timeout....
I wanted to say this but didn't want to jinx it

I love when Horston let the game come to her. The Lady Vols really have a big three with Burrell, Horston, Davis. If you can get them to click all at once that would be awesome. I’m really liking how Key has been playing if she can understand that all she has to do is stand straight up she could be averaging 15-16 pts per contest. Let’s pray we keep our foot on the gas after halftime.

One positive, even in our losses, our shot selection is way better. Shooting a really nice percentage from the floor right now because we’re just taking what the defense gives us. Not over thinking it.

UGA and LSU overplayed us all night and I can hardly remember a back door cut. Much better on that as well.

Davis needs a little Halftime adjustment Pat Summit Style!
Are you codgers even watching this game or are you just grumbling for yesteryear and good old Kick Ass Pat for fun? Davis has 8 pts, 6 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals. What else would have liked her to do? Pop the popcorn at the concession stand?

One positive, even in our losses, our shot selection is way better. Shooting a really nice percentage from the floor right now because we’re just taking what the defense gives us. Not over thinking it.

UGA and LSU overplayed us all night and I can hardly remember a back door cut. Much better on that as well.
Playing Curry's Midgets is also helping with that.

Reactions: VolBall09
Well, here we are again. This time w/a 19 point lead at Half. Can we hold on to a win this time out??

We'll have to wait and see which TN Lady Vols team comes back out to play in the 3rd and 4th Qtr.
The LadyVols will probably win by less than 10.;)

No reason to give the Zebra a chance to blow the whistle....Emily use your Height! Go straight up!

This is what makes the women's game hard to watch. They are less athletic, but they aren't allowed to use the athleticism they have because the refs are garbage. A clean block is a clean block.

Reactions: tn4everlvfl
I think they will come out trying to get the ball inside to big Odom. I know they want to take some threes thus far they haven't got many open looks.

Reactions: Border Vol
Davis had an excellent 1st half or 2and qtr anyway. All the girls played well and looked coached well. Let's see what we come up with at halftime as I'm sure bubs will be doing things different and Walker was pretty quiet so far

Reactions: Lucy and VolBall09
All of the bigs are playing well today.

AL has no post game, but they are doing what they should be doing, which has not always been the case in the past.

Walker and Copeland have given teams issues all year long in the post. Key and KK have really stepped it up the last few games. I think Key just likes SEC play at this point lol

Reactions: VolBall09
Are you codgers even watching this game or are you just grumbling for yesteryear and good old Kick Ass Pat for fun? Davis has 8 pts, 6 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals. What else would have liked her to do? Pop the popcorn at the concession stand?

It’ll never be enough 🙄

Idk why Re gets the hate. Just seems like a cool cat to me.

No reason to give the Zebra a chance to blow the whistle....Emily use your Height! Go straight up!

When you don't get an opportunity to play often, you try harder to make an impact when you do get in,,,I applaud her for being visible,,, the worse thing she can do is play, not to make a mistake

VN Store

Back