Game Thread: #23/23 Lady Vols versus #3/5 UCONN

We give up 3 runs...
7-0 run Q2
15-5 run Q3 (timeout)
10-4 run end of Q3 end of Q4 (timeout with 3:06 left in the game)
ANd go home with two more timeouts

We fight speed with our slowest lineup
We don't take advantage of ONO in foul trouble

SIgh....

Reactions: Amb3096
These refs have let UConn play super aggressive. Then call fouls on other end for same play.
Wonder if refs ever rewatch a game and see how bad they were.
Uconn was clearly the better team; that said, the officiating was pretty blatantly one-sided. We were getting mugged every offensive possession, and shot half as many free throws as they did. The most telling moment was when Ododa or whatever her name was didn't just go over the back of one of our post players, she was off her feet draped over her back - and no call...

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Uconn was clearly the better team; that said, the officiating was pretty blatantly one-sided. We were getting mugged every offensive possession, and shot half as many free throws as they did. The most telling moment was when Ododa or whatever her name was didn't just go over the back of one of our post players, she was off her feet draped over her back - and no call...
Male official just there to hand balll in bounds.

She's like a young Magic Johnson in that she makes plays and passes other players arent ready for. Also makes a number of unnecessary flashy passes. She is going to be stellar if Kellie can get her to be more disciplined and work within the framework of the offense.

Just stop...

I have to walk away from this thread or I'll start crushing the connie trolls.

BYE

Has lady V ever tried to just play their 5 most athletic players ?
Especially against teams that just have a couple of 6 foot players, since all but one of our players are at least 6 ft
Our big 6 4 girls look lost their good in certain situations but tonight was not one of them.
Our 5 most athletic players would have 50 turnovers!

Reactions: glv98
What's this "they competed in the 2nd half"? We were literally winning at halftime. lmfao
It seem like to me Gino had their feet they out of the floor during the first half. He would’ve let them loose had they gotten in trouble, much earlier

KK is not as good as she needs to be and UCONN’s bench is better than ours. Burrell is the best bench player we have and she can be like a bull in a China cabinet. We have a lot of work when it comes to turnovers. In addition, we did not take advantage of our size. In the second half, UCONN was more aggressive. In reality, it was a game of two halves in which during the second half we simply were not good enough. We also seemed to be very nonchalant with our passes and were not very physical. I also though the refs missed a few fouls on UCONN, especial when the UCONN player went over the back of KK. Now to the naysayers, the Lady Vols got beat by a a top 5 team. If they would have beaten UCONN, it would be considered a major upset. Defensively we held UCONN below their average season score. I know that that does not mean Jack. We have to hope that we learn from this game.

What an absolute embarrassment. Were more than satisfied with their first half and just didn’t remotely compete in the 2nd. Don’t want to go as far as saying that they quit in the 2nd half, but for all intents and purposes that’s exactly what they did. And to play like this after an awful performance vs Alabama and after all the ish that Geno said about them and their university? Where was the pride? What an embarrassment this game was.

No, YOU (and every other poster like you) are the embarrassment. You are an ignorant imbecile who obviously knows too little about the actual teams that competed tonight to have an educated opinion. Your take on this game, without (obviously!) knowing enough information on the participants to draw a respectable conclusion from, makes you look like an idiot. Sorry, but it does.

Of COURSE it was awful that Tennessee turned the ball over so often and OF COURSE that was a huge factor in the loss. But if you can’t see, for this team in this year that some feared would lose this road game in a 50-pt massacre, that our team fought HARD but simply was, as expected, beaten by the recent #1 team in the nation, then I don’t know what else to say to you.

They made 60 points on 73 shots. We made 45 points on 56 shots so the turnovers were the difference in the game. They are what kept Bama in the game the other night and what has kept most of our opponents in games or helped them win games all season. I thought it will get better but is hasn't don't think it will. You do not have much of a chance to win a game when the other team is getting 17 to 20 more shots unless you shoot the lights out.

We can’t blame Kellie, these are holly recruits she is working with, some of these players lack basketball IQ..yes KK was terrible tonight in every aspect of the game, but I think the same thing would have happened with Jaiden... Kellie has our defense looking better than holly ever did...

I hope we are out there recruiting for next year. We need a point guard that can score and break down the defense.

We need a post player that can make a play and can catch the ball..

Jaiden and Rennie are really not fast enough to play D1

They were at home and most home games I see some home cooking except Tenn.

No, it wasn't.

First three quarters, UC was called for 12 fouls, LVs for 10. For the entire game, we got called for 16, UC for 14. A two foul difference against the lowest fouling team in the country? Not a difference maker.

VN Store

Back