Game Thread: #23/23 Lady Vols versus #3/5 UCONN

Honestly the first half was a strong effort but the 2nd half has been a disaster. This team is young and has huge upside. I just hope Key can toughen up and that Horston/Burrell can become more disciplined players offensively. You watch Davis, Massengill and Brown and they're all playing within the flow of the game and not forcing it where Jordan and Rae are just out of control and dont have decision making skills at this point.
Good post again this level of game Davis sure missed Green. Freshman our not ready but upside is there just need alot of dedication in offseason

Young team. They will get better. UCONN at home, #3, that is a tough experience. Live and learn.
Speaking of young teams, Griffen and Makurat are freshmen. Nelson-Ododa and C. Williams are sophs. UConn had a lousy shooting night. Sadly, we were much worse.

We got three or four players that do not even need to be on the team. If there was some grad transfers out there or whatever I think almost anybody would be better than what we bring off the bench. They get 17 more shots because we throw the ball away a dozen times just trying to pass from one player to another.

Her game needs a lot of help.

Massengill is the better PG. At least she takes care of the ball.

Can't believe that they made Aubrey Griffin into a star tonight.

If she (Horston) makes a jump in improvement from freshman to sophomore like Jaz did we will be in better shape. Also a lot of people BEAT THE HELL out of Jaz because she was an all American and wasn’t all world last year but now we are starting to see why she was a good selection and a highly recruited player.

I can believe they made Griffin a star she was a McDonald’s All American and was a baller in high school. I’m not happy with it at all but the girl has skills.

Has lady V ever tried to just play their 5 most athletic players ?
Especially against teams that just have a couple of 6 foot players, since all but one of our players are at least 6 ft
Our big 6 4 girls look lost their good in certain situations but tonight was not one of them.

They asked Tamika Catchings in the postgame coverage what the Lady VOLS can learn from this loss. Here’s what she should have said:

1. Remember how to protect the ball
2. Remember how to pass
3. Remember how to blockout

I know I shouldn’t be that agitated by tonight’s result. UCONN is a better team and we’re still young with a first year head coach (tired of those excuses). But, dang, I loathe UCONN.

Reactions: flint and T_Vol376
UConn's not very good this year. We're a bubble team and this should've been over 10 minutes into the game. They've really fallen off this season.
First time I watched them this year and I agree they are about number 10 at least this season. I expect South Carolina gonna put a whippin on them when they play that game. Boston will get Odota in foul trouble before half time

VN Store

Back