Game Thread: #23/23 Lady Vols versus #3/5 UCONN

We didn't need to win this game.

But the way we lost it has absolutely destroyed my faith in this season, this staff, and this team. Don't think I'll tune in much until March.

May not even then

Reactions: BreatheUT
Our offense was our kryptonite... I called it. I’m proud of how we battled on the defensive end though. We need just 1 more scorer {Zay} either way we are getting better. Next year if we all return we will be Really really good

This is why women's basketball in general is so hard to watch....the LV just made it that much harder tonight.

Our offense was our kryptonite... I called it. I’m proud of how we battled on the defensive end though. We need just 1 more scorer {Zay} either way we are getting better. Next year if we all return we will be Really really good
So will they! They actually get better next year! Better than us!

What tremendous fight Tennessee came in and finished with. I couldn’t be more proud of the Lady Vols. 🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

UConn is light years better than our Lady Vols. More athletic. More skilled. More balanced. More aware. Far better coached.

This team is really hard to watch.

BTW, MO State is better this year too. It‘s beginning to look like there is a problem at the top. 😉
Way too early to say that.

Didn’t get to watch live and probably won’t watch replay. Happy we kept it competitive the first half. Totally disgusted with defensive rebounding and turnovers. The stats show our offense and defense have been better but we didn’t do the small things. Sucks

Watch the first half and call it a game.

Geno pulled a good con job on the LVs. He lulled TN to sleep in the first half, didn't pressure the ball much, played slow. Second half he flipped the switch, sped the game up, started trapping the ball handler, pressing, getting in passing lanes and the LVs had a complete meltdown. Once that happened almost every bad habit our girls had came back to the surface

Reactions: Rixxx and Ace
What an absolute embarrassment. Were more than satisfied with their first half and just didn’t remotely compete in the 2nd. Don’t want to go as far as saying that they quit in the 2nd half, but for all intents and purposes that’s exactly what they did. And to play like this after an awful performance vs Alabama and after all the ish that Geno said about them and their university? Where was the pride? What an embarrassment this game was.

We didn't need to win this game.

But the way we lost it has absolutely destroyed my faith in this season, this staff, and this team. Don't think I'll tune in much until March.

May not even then
Not entirely sure this team will have a March. Zero quadrant 1 wins to date. They’ll have to dodge every potential “bad loss” game the rest of the way if they can’t pick one off against SC or MSU.

Reactions: zaqhhh
Geno pulled a good con job on the LVs. He lulled TN to sleep in the first half, didn't pressure the ball much, played slow. Second half he flipped the switch, sped the game up, started trapping the ball handler, pressing, getting in passing lanes and the LVs had a complete meltdown. Once that happened almost every bad habit our girls had came back to the surface
This is exactly what happened tonight. He played opossum in the 1st half

VN Store

Back