Game Thread: #23/23 Lady Vols versus #3/5 UCONN

I cannot make a reasonable scoring prediction for this game, as I would sooner tear my eyes from their sockets, dip those juicy spheres in hydrofluoric acid, roll the dissolving remains in a panko egg white mixture, cook them until the crust is charred solid, serve them back to myself on a bed of five week old rice from a Chinese takeout container I found in the back of my fridge (using my hands, since I'd no longer have eyes, I'd have to feel for the little wire handles), and then make a Youtube video about the experience before I'd watch UConn basketball games. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, I'd probably use the egg yolks, but.....

Yum Yum

I surely hope the Lady Vols win tonight, but a 30 point loss will not shock me.

Wow, I expected more out of you than that FP

The way this game has been advertised and I’m sure the pub it will get for being on ESPN regardless of the results should definitely help KJH with recruiting. If she can’t capitalize off this matchup then I’m crossing my arms in 2022

My big concern is when KK is in the game....It has to happen, but I'm dreading it...She is the weak link and UConn will exploit her.

On offense our girls can't feed KK and expect her to score with any regularity, she is just not that talented...She is a turnover waiting to happen, or at minimum, a very bad shot to follow.

Defensively KK is not too bad, not real great, but serviceable....If she can give valuable minutes and play strong defense (dreaming) we may have a chance of being in this game at the end. Hope so.

After these kind of games, I usually visited a lot of heart betters....

Good luck to us all!

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Sometimes games like this bring out the best in someone unexpected. I’m hoping this is one of those games and that it only applies to the Lady Vols. :p

If the team comes out business like in their approach I like the chances of playing UCONN a very good game if not possibly upsetting them.

If they come out and one of our players hits a great shot and the team overreacts like they just won the lottery then I don't like our chances. I understand the hype and emotion but that type of reaction is usually witnessed in games where the underdog doesn't believe.

Tennessee has the talent to play them close... If they are beaten badly the pressure of the game will have gotten to them and that's not good.

Reactions: lvocd and Amb3096
UCant wearing black in honor of Pat Summit how disrespectful. Really you back Pat in black? Disgraceful program I tell you!

My big concern is when KK is in the game....It has to happen, but I'm dreading it...She is the weak link and UConn will exploit her.

On offense our girls can't feed KK and expect her to score with any regularity, she is just not that talented...She is a turnover waiting to happen, or at minimum, a very bad shot to follow.

Defensively KK is not too bad, not real great, but serviceable....If she can give valuable minutes and play strong defense (dreaming) we may have a chance of being in this game at the end. Hope so.

After these kind of games, I usually visited a lot of heart betters....

Good luck to us all!
This scares me as well. They’re going to pick and roll the hell out of our bigs til Kellie gods Zone then they will go crazy from downtown. Our bigs especially Tamari will need to impose there will from the tip.

Reactions: GameTime
Actually our offensive efficiency is about the same if you do the math. We’re pretty evenly matched but our defense is better on paper.

Maybe on paper, but I think that it takes more effort on defense to stop UConn from scoring than Tennessee. Just watching them play, there is a lot more movement on and off the ball that a defensive slip up leads to an easy score from them. Tennessee has had games like that too, but they still fall into bad habits of relying on offensive putbacks and standing around. Better than when Holly was the coach, but it still rears its ugly head...

This scares me as well. They’re going to pick and roll the hell out of our bigs til Kellie gods Zone then they will go crazy from downtown. Our bigs especially Tamari will need to impose there will from the tip.

If Tamari can get ONO in foul trouble, Kasi should be a great option. She can literally bulldoze any remaining UConnite in the paint and either score, get fouled or draw multiple defenders. She has the size and strength. I don't understand why her numbers aren't better.

If the team comes out business like in their approach I like the chances of playing UCONN a very good game if not possibly upsetting them.

If they come out and one of our players hits a great shot and the team overreacts like they just won the lottery then I don't like our chances. I understand the hype and emotion but that type of reaction is usually witnessed in games where the underdog doesn't believe.

Tennessee has the talent to play them close... If they are beaten badly the pressure of the game will have gotten to them and that's not good.

This is something I have watched the bench for...How do they handle adverse conditions...teams take on the personality of their coach and when things get hairy out there, Coach K is cool beans.

This team celebrates with a lot of emotion but keeps it's composure much better than prior team.

But I agree with you on what you say,,,Are you going to celebrate the battle, or the war?

Reactions: TN1111
Is the Masse server down, I can't get on the site to find their prediction
found it:
Coach Jumpers prediction: UT 64 UCON 61
RPI.cim prediction : UT 59 UCON 82
Masse prediction : UT 61 UCON 72

I noticed that Massey was briefly unavailable, but I see different numbers.

If you will forgive the formatting, I copied and pasted:
Tennessee
@ Connecticut
# 29 (15-3)
# 3 (16-1)
11 %
89 %

Ooops, sorry, I should have read on and saw that someone else beat me to it.

I noticed that Massey was briefly unavailable, but I see different numbers.

If you will forgive the formatting, I copied and pasted:
Tennessee
@ Connecticut
# 29 (15-3)
# 3 (16-1)
11 %
89 %

mine are from the tab on top called matchups

VN Store

Back