Game Thread: #20/25 LADY VOLS VS. AIR FORCE

We played an excellent game. Those girls from Air Force could really anticipate where the ball was going on their shots came up with 20 offensive rebounds. Burrell hopefully will play her third great game in a row in a week. Key could've scored 20 she needs to finish those short ones no need to rush. Overall offensively one of our better games.

Getting more and more teams that get upset that you are not taking it easy on them when they are out there scratching and clawing your arms and getting away with a multitude of fouls. Since when is basketball not a game until the final buzzer was about thirty seconds left so we shot. I guess she didn't want Emily to block their last shot either.

That was so petty if true. This is not grade school ball. Maybe Kellie was saying the point difference was held to under 30. I wonder if she said something to Rennia going through handshake line because KK looked back at Rennia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Seeing how there is no MURDER surrounding this one I hope to see a little more focus. No more than 15 turnovers and 70% or better from the line would be nice...

A disappointing oh fer two, poor reflection on the coach who is either coaching it or continues to allow it to happen...

She was telling Kellie why did we take that last shot and not dribble out. Kellie was telling her was thirty seconds left on the clock which was not right was like 29 but enough to take another shot.

It sure wasn't the buzzer beater like in yesterday's men's game......;) that shot was heard around the world.

Jazmine Massengill is playing like she did in High school, not sure what happen to her last year, she just lost her timing. Kellie Harper is doing a great job getting this team playing together and it in sync with the other players. Next year when Emily Saunders gets much stronger she will be a great player the next three years. Was hoping Rennia Davis would get the double double. Glad Jessie Rennie finally took a shot.

Getting more and more teams that get upset that you are not taking it easy on them when they are out there scratching and clawing your arms and getting away with a multitude of fouls. Since when is basketball not a game until the final buzzer was about thirty seconds left so we shot. I guess she didn't want Emily to block their last shot either.

I'm sure you have watched plenty of basketball where the team that is ahead by 10 or more points has the ball with the game shot under 30 seconds and teams dribble out the clock 99% of the time. I get it where the opposing coach gets a little snippy when the winning team keeps shooting.

That being said, the clock said 30.4 when Tennessee got the ball. So all is fair. Much ado about nothing.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back