Game Thread: (16/14) Lady Vols 54 - (8/8) LSU 57

Evidently I'm the only one here who thought the team SHOULD have won today. They were at home, and with Morris out, Tennessee had the better team IMO even without Horston.

But hey, they sure played hard. Eventually. Yay!

Darth—I’d be interested in hearing your history as an athlete. I’m not being a jerk, just interested in seeing how your background assists you in processing games.

She also was forced to play 3 true freshman in that game and lost by 3....at this point I will take it..
At this point you can either play as they’re only freshman by name. They’ve played enough now and before they got her to compete at the level recruited for. Look at yesterday on the impact of freshman in big games as the freshman line is a fall back when things don’t work.

Reactions: Rooster1
Moral victories are year one. We had a chance to tie with Key and she overshot the rim up close. Correct on tournament, but if we cannot win now how can we expect any different next week.

When someone analyzes key plays of a game.. it doesn’t always have to be inferred that the outcome is being based on moral victories. This was a regular season game. Next week both LSU and Tenn can lose .. or they can play again with the same or a different outcome. I’m saying today it came down to the final play and nothing anyone posts changes that either way. I simply analyzed the performance.

He is referring to her finishing second in the SEC.

Kellie arguably inherited better talent and has not done that yet.
Maybe if they played a little better schedule they would've lost more. Tennessee sos 4 LSU 39. Yes they won today with two of our best players injured let's play them with everybody healthy and that include Rae at 100 percent. Coaches can't help injuries. Some coaches inherit 8 seniors and five fifth year players that certainly helps. Still with an sos of 39 means they avoided any tough games pre-SEC.

Last edited:
Just got back from the game. While I was disappointed that we lost and even more so with high we kept missing chippies. I was extremely concerned about out mental toughness in the first quarter as it seemed like the same unfocused team that didn't play together during our recent road losses. I was beginning to worry that the mental toughness we had at the beginning of the year was becoming a distant memory. Moreover, if Kellie couldn't turn it around at all that doesn't bode well for our future. So, I was sure glad that we played so intensely in the 2nd half despite all the missed shots, as this was the tough minded team we saw earlier in the year. We can't replace our injuries, but playing hard and good defense is a must whoever is out there. I am so glad to learn the Florida got upset today, which will give us a chance for a rematch with LSU in the semis in the SEC tourney rather than South Carolina. I feel good about our chances in a rematch, as long as we don't look dazed and confused in the first quarter. If we win the rematch, I think we would still be in good shape for home NCAA games.

Last edited:
tourney.jpgHere is the bracket for the SEC Tourney. First game will be against the winner of Alabama, Auburn. Georgia. Starts March 2nd just a couple days away.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I know Rae gave her all today. Sometimes things just don't go well. I love her as a player hope she is a great player in the WNBA. I would hope some team would draft her she will be back. Sad to hear her today at the press conference she is really a VFL we should all be glad she played for our team.

He is referring to her finishing second in the SEC.

Kellie arguably inherited better talent and has not done that yet.

Of course Kellie could have finished second with a win today, but.... 🤮

How many All-Americans did Mulkey have among all these amazing seniors?

As i said in my post early
She has a decent handle could be better. She needs a lot of upper body strength and she might be able to do some of that. She hit a couple of mid-range shot today, so we'll see how her game develops as a sophomore. She has been here two season but was classified as a freshman this year due to covid and she only played 80 minutes in that first season.

Maybe if they played a little better schedule they would've lost more. Tennessee sos 4 LSU 39. Yes they won today with two of our best players injured let's play them with everybody healthy and that include Rae at 100 percent. Coaches can't help injuries. Some coaches inherit 8 seniors and five fifth year players that certainly helps. Still with an sos of 39 means they avoided any tough games pre-SEC.
Oh stop, think about what you just posted, ok

Senior night is always tough. IMO no coincidence Snoop and Rae struggled. All the memories must rush at them and they so much want to win that game. We really missed Jordy today. As a Junior she now kind of settles things down,

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
Oh stop, think about what you just posted, ok
I think they would've lost to Stanford and UConn more than likely if they played them when we did. That puts their loss total at six. You looked at their pre-season schedule that is why their sos is 39

Now let me say this Darby WAS NOT the reason why we lost but she could have been the reason why we won if she had more of a diverse game I really hope she works on adding more skills to her offensive game especially dribble drive
She catches it when we lose and is glorified when we win and she plays well. She gets it both ways. We have to see how she progresses and I think she knows what to work on and will work to be a better player with every season that passes.

Just got back from the game. While I was disappointed that we lost and even more so with high we kept missing chippies, I was extremely concerned about out mental toughness in the first quarter as it seemed like the same unfocused team that didn't play together in the way we were during our recent road losses. I was beginning to worry that the mental toughness that the team had at the beginning of the year had done a complete reversal and if Kellie couldn't turn it around at all that doesn't bode well for our future. I was sure glad that we played so intensely in the 2nd half despite all the missed shots, as this was the team we saw earlier in the year. We can't replace our injuries, but playing hard and good defense is a must whoever is out there. I am so glad to learn the Florida got upset today and we will have a chance for a rematch with them if both win the first games at the tourney. I feel good about our chances, as long as we don't look dazed and confused in the first quarter. If we win the rematch, I think we would still be in good shape for home NCAA games.
Zepp

look at bold

Moral victories are year one. We had a chance to tie with Key and she overshot the rim up close. Correct on tournament, but if we cannot win now how can we expect any different next week.

thank+gif.gif

VN Store

Back