Game Thread: (16/14) Lady Vols 54 - (8/8) LSU 57

We needed it before this season ever began just didn't have them. Point guard is huge for any team we need someone that can score from that position. I will be very happy if we get Jasmine and Rickea as additions Jordan and Marta back I like that team.

you're leaving out your 6'3"/6'4" Katie Lou type gunna ... that team shouldn't have a problem scoring lol

Is it impossible to play with our fourth quarter intensity for the whole game? Does that type of aggressiveness risk too many fouls, or just expend too much energy, not leaving enough for the fourth quarter?

Missed shots also really hurt. Just when it looks like we have shooters, we don’t. So many tossed up shots. More arc on the ball would fix a lot of shots, including free throws.

Whatever, it was a great and maybe surprising comeback, just fell a little short. Gotta learn from it. On to the SEC Tournament. We can play with anyone, just gotta defend better and shoot well from the beginning of every game.

GO LADY VOLS!
It is but when you are as limited offensively as we are you just have to suck it up and go as hard as you can until you have nothing left.

I should not be posting on this thread, but as an observer of WBB and LV BB, I believe Rae needs to come back for one more year, and I realize that puts her in a class of of a bunch of great players that will be graduating that year, but she can use the extra year to get back to her previous form, just my opinion.

Biggest game of the season and Kellie's team lays an egg. At home.

Once again start the season with a bang, end with a whimper...

Tara,geno,mulkey,staley and coach k are CEO'S thats why they continue to be successful.

Mulkey and Staley are dictators
You, on the other hand, can't accept where this program was headed just a short time ago.
If anyone really thinks this short handed team, under the previous failed coach, could have come back today like they did... well you can't be helped.
And, let's not forget, it was CEO Mulkey who almost gave up this game

I love Darby but as a starter she needs to give us more then shooting 3s when open really need her to start driving in the paint or hitting jumpers especially now without Jordan and Rae not being able to hit sh*t

Almost like she isn't an SEC player...

you're leaving out your 6'3"/6'4" Katie Lou type gunna ... that team shouldn't have a problem scoring lol
Be interested as to what Justine can bring as a freshmen. She has played a lot of AAU and done well. That catholic league she plays in doesn't help her much, but I believe she will definitely add to the offense in a big way.

I know some fans are angry but it's not easy to beat a great team like LSU with about 4 graduates transfer and, TN loosing 4 key players. They played their best. Rae couldn't take over game after her injury. Horston owns lady vols now.

Only thing this game hurts is the NCAA bid makes us need to win two tourney games. How we going to do that way this team is playing of offense is hard to determine.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I love Darby but as a starter she needs to give us more then shooting 3s when open really need her to start driving in the paint or hitting jumpers especially now without Jordan and Rae not being able to hit sh*t

Kim knew Darby could shoot she didn't give her an inch today was all over her. Burrell had some threes couldn't do it today.

Be interested as to what Justine can bring as a freshmen. She has played a lot of AAU and done well. That catholic league she plays in doesn't help her much, but I believe she will definitely add to the offense in a big way.

Well in AAU they put her on the block some and challenged her to make her game more versatile and she even played point forward bringing the ball up and making good passes.

I'll be intrigued too but the fact she played AAU but more so those gritty tough All star games against the best talent made her tougher.

Only thing this game hurts is the NCAA bid makes us need to win two tourney games. How we going to do that way this team is playing of offense is hard to determine.
If things hold steady we will see this very same LSU team in the semis if seeding hold true. I would expect the game to be much like this one being in nashville and many TN fans

VN Store

Back