Game Thread: (12/8) Lady Vols 53 - (1/1) South Carolina 67

he will always beat that dead horse, it’s his thing. idek why he puts himself through the misery of even watching the lady vols play.

Like a couple of other posters have already said in this thread that they aren't bothering to watch the game? Or maybe the "fan" who predicted Tennessee to lose by 34 points?

All I've said about this game is I think Dawn will take it easy when it comes to the final margin, not sure why that triggered so much butthurt. With a couple of exceptions, the fans here are smart. They know what's coming...

Reactions: olddog
Sara will play most of this game, she can basically sub for every position except Point. Guessing Rae will start, even though Kellie did like having her and Sara as sparks off the bench.
We will also need every foul Emily and strip have to give...get a bit rough try to take s.c. Out of their game!

Sara will play most of this game, she can basically sub for every position except Point. Guessing Rae will start, even though Kellie did like having her and Sara as sparks off the bench.
We will also need every foul Emily and strip have to give...get a bit rough try to take s.c. Out of their game!
Not watching. Wishing the Lady Vols the best of luck, but with no Horston I can’t stomach it.
Gotta take the bad with the good!! Be s true fan Support these girls,they have earned it!!

Gotta take the bad with the good!! Be s true fan Support these girls,they have earned it!!

I know I know, it just hurts. I’ll probably watch as much as I can. I still love this team. Just hard to watch when they don’t bring any intensity.

My biggest concern is that in this first game with a totally changed lineup / gameplan / substitution pattern / on-court identity... SC will present such an overwhelming mismatch that we won't be able to execute.

If we can't gain experience--and confidence--today working with all that's new, I fear SC could become a "wasted" or setback game, in the sense that constructive gameday experience with all the new adjustments would be effectively postponed until the following game.

In response to injuries early in the season, this staff had time to assemble and simmer an impressive bouillabaisse. But now, it's 11pm Saturday night and we've got to concoct from leftovers an edible gumbo for company on Sunday!

I know I know, it just hurts. I’ll probably watch as much as I can. I still love this team. Just hard to watch when they don’t bring any intensity.
That’s the first thing that hopefully will now change. When Rae went out, the team won comeback games, they turned up the intensity in the second half, especially the fourth quarter, and won the games. That continued to work and became the mindset even in the games we should not have lost, sometimes self fulfilling because we began to cruise at the beginning of games, to turn it on to win the game in the fourth quarter. You could see defense and effort really begin with about 6-7 minutes left in the game. When you cruise, defense goes down and you miss more shots.

With the security blanket of having Horston there to lead the fourth quarter charge now gone, we need a new leader, someone with energy and fight to get this team to start playing tough from the beginning of games again. It could be Walker, she has the most experience on the team and is tough as nails. It could be Rae or Tess, but someone will have to give this team energy, on offense and defense. Playing hard from the beginning of the game will improve our defense and our scoring.

We didn’t have much time to prepare for this game without Horston, and if we see subs that don’t play much, then it won’t be good, but we’ll have some time before our next games, for Walker, Rae, Tess, or someone, to lead this team. They’re all capable of doing that, and yes, I don’t skip or turn off any of our games, so I’ll get to see us surprise everybody when we win.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back