Game Thread: (11/12) Lady Vols 63 - UCLA. 80

They have hit 10 threes mostly wide open really don't understand why all our players are in the paint under the basket as were still getting outrebounded.

That is what we do. It is because we help and crash the boards. Any team in the country can get an open look from three against us whenever they want. We just depend on them not shooting a good percentage.

If they shot their normal from 3, we’d be leading.

I still think the law of averages will kick in, our offense has to keep us in it though in the meantime.

Fouls on them picked up late, got a couple starters with 2.

I hope they eventually cool off. My concern is our ability to execute and play smart basketball on the offensive end if they do cool off. I think how we play in the first 5 minutes of the second half will decide the game

We also can’t trade 2s for 3s. Gotta hit some 3s.

Just got here, caught a little at the end of the first half. All I saw was a steal by Horston who didn’t take the layup, but passes to Marta who missed the layup and got fouled.
Saw Horston shoot a 3 which didn’t come close to the basket. Saw Rickea make a layup, Tess for 3, and a totally open Rice for 3. Key looked a little tired or discouraged? We need to make safer passes.

Obviously, someone needs to stay on Rice.
We need to do what we do best, Horston for layups, Tess and Powell for 3’s. Didn’t see Sara. If Key or Franklin need a break, I hope Striplin comes in, she’s tough.

We are definitely still in this game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Just a disorganized mess. Cannot understand how we can play like we did yesterday and then play like this. Opponent aside. It’s like we’re stunned they are defending us. Duh, that’s the point.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Just a lack of focus defensively. Obviously they want to score in transition. We need to be matched up before they cross half court. Instead everyone is sprinting to the paint with the back turned to shooters.

That's how our soccer team defends--not smart!

VN Store

Back