Game Thread: (11/12) Lady Vols 63 - UCLA. 80

So what’s going on y’all? From what I’m able to gather….our defense?

Defense and rebounding. It was apparent from the start that our defense was off. Several miscommunication among players on who is guarding who, how to cover screens, that lead to open shots. UCLA is playing with more toughness. We tapped in towards the end of 2Q. Hopefully we continue that style in the second half.

Wonder what their school record is for 3's? That last 3 was a dagger, UT had all the momentum going into half. I am not able to watch so just going by play play on ESPN. Not 1 player for UT has more than 1 assist? Just don't see that often. Can UT maybe try and press and see what happens? Like others have said so much depth, use it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Coach Harper has to be totally fuming about the rebounding. 20 to 12 and they have 9 offensive rebounds just like Indiana has resulted in at least 4 threes. They miss get the ball until they make a three. Players got to make them one and done one shot at it not three on a possession.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Is anybody playing well? How is Kellie substituting?

Jackson looks good - need to get her more looks now that the officials are starting to call more fouls (she's getting hacked every time she touches the ball).

I really like Franklin.

Marta looks pretty good today, seems to be readjusting to the pace of the game. It's easy to forget she was out for so long and probably needed/needs some time to get back into a flow.

We knew Osborn and Rice would be the source. Sontag was also a problem. Got to get out, challenge, and let Key protect the paint.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
I just don’t understand defensively why our players are running to the paint and playing off when UCLA wants to shoots 3s and look for kickouts. Why not play smothering man and if they drive let Key handle it like others have said. That part of our game is really puzzling. It’s like we are playing the ideal defense that allows for 3s.

This team can't play defense and rebound as well as last years team. I don't know the reason except they seemed to be standing while the other team goes after the ball. Supposedly more talented but last year was a better team until the injuries happened.

VN Store

Back