Game Thread: (11/12) Lady Vols 63 - UCLA. 80

Relax, that's not happening.
Are you sure about that? Where are the marquee wins going to come from? This doesn’t look like a team that’s going to beat South Carolina, Stanford, or UConn. Beyond that, the only real chances on the schedule for ranked wins are against VA Tech, or at LSU. And Mulkey whipped Kellie last year in Knoxville

Reactions: olddog
UCLA is 19th according to some rankings so it is clear we are not even top 25. If we continue playing like we are now we absolutely will not make the tournament. We have to improve a lot and do it quickly.

It just doesn't feel like a team. If feels like a bunch of kids who have never played together before and have no idea what to do. Kellie has exacerbated that with how she runs her lineups. She pretty much assures they don't gel by doing that.
Church playground teams have more chemistry than this team and that is being generous.

We already know we’re losing this game. If we lose the next game, will you be concerned? This question is really for loyalists but what would our record need to be for you all to be alarmed? We started the season ranked #4 but will be 2-3 after this game, with one loss to an unranked team.

And one of the teams we have beaten had only what, 7 players?

i am sure this has been asked but

Where is our rebounding...... Massachusetts Indiana UCLA all outrebounding us

is it within our power to hit the boards

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Thats what the portal does for you..mo chemistry..
UCLA is 19th according to some rankings so it is clear we are not even top 25. If we continue playing like we are now we absolutely will not make the tournament. We have to improve a lot and do it quickly.

It just doesn't feel like a team. If feels like a bunch of kids who have never played together before and have no idea what to do. Kellie has exacerbated that with how she runs her lineups. She pretty much assures they don't gel by doing that.

Reactions: volnationnj
I know people like to say this team is so talented but they actually lack a lot of talent. Only 2 players can create their own shot in Rickea and Jordan. They need to get more athletic players especially on the wing.
Kellie should design an offense around Horston, .Jackson and Powell so some shots can go up unmolested or at least less pressure.

The scout on our Ladies. Aye just be physical, hit them in the mouth,. We have all that size and won't establish the terms of play with our physicality, basketball moves, nobody plays low, in stances. WE ARE SOFT. All the talent in the world is negated, when the team's mentality is soft. I just want to see them fight, they better fight to the end.

I really want to cry. I hate a basketball team has this much power on my emotions, it hurts so bad.
That is because you see what Lady Vols have done in the past.
Lady Vols have power over all of us using that thinking.
I was really excited about this team, but all the pieces are not coming together.
I would like to think CKH can pull this together but the more we progress into this season I am preparing myself that she cannot.
The SEC season will be the breaking point for us this year.
As of now, Not much hope or to cheer about and I see this as a total breakdown in the Staff and the inability to take a lot of quality players and build a team.
There are no excuses for this product not being good.

Last edited:
Are you sure about that? Where are the marquee wins going to come from? This doesn’t look like a team that’s going to beat South Carolina, Stanford, or UConn. Beyond that, the only real chances on the schedule for ranked wins are against VA Tech, or at LSU. And Mulkey whipped Kellie last year in Knoxville

Those games will be ugly if we play like this. You can get beaten so badly that the season is effectively over because the team's spirit breaks. Very little toughness in this bunch, which is odd since last year's team was very tough indeed. I wonder if recruiting over everyone in the portal just lets everyone defer to others and they feel no ownership of the results? How could they really when they get run in and out every couple of minutes?

Reactions: NoBackBoard
Jackson 2-9 Horston 5 - 10. They got to play better, be more efficient but not rebounding is unacceptable. fight

This preseason was the most excited ive been for the Lady Vols in a while. What in the world is going on? This team is acting like there is some jealousy or something going on behind the scenes. Where is the effort and talent we know these girls have?

That is ridiculous TK is suppose to be a game changer on the boards. KJH has to put some fire under her or sat her on the bench.
Not gonna happen, she’s been here 4 years already. She should have gotten stronger, she always gets pushed around and the ball gets knocked out her hands and she throws her hands up like she doesn’t wanna get hit or something.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
I mean UCLA is shooting lights out... so the score is the score, but I'm just looking at how we play, our fight, our urgency and intensity to finish this game. Fight. They better not back down, aye if its there night so be it, but we better not back down. Then I'll be coo, cos this game is a lesson on its own fa sure.

VN Store

Back