Game Thread: (11/12) Lady Vols 63 - UCLA. 80

THAT’S how you break a press. It sucks to see teams execute much more effectively than we do.

I know people like to say this team is so talented but they actually lack a lot of talent. Only 2 players can create their own shot in Rickea and Jordan. They need to get more athletic players especially on the wing.

Reactions: olddog
Everything we do is one on one on offense. No apparent system. Lack of movement, cuts. Same old same old.

I thought we actually had some really nice ball movement and cuts in the first quarter, UCLA just couldn't miss from 3. But we seem to have completely gone away from that since then.

I know people like to say this team is so talented but they actually lack a lot of talent. Only 2 players can create their own shot in Rickea and Jordan. They need to get more athletic players especially on the wing.

And speed! Miles is the only quick player we have but she’s limited offensively.

Reactions: DarkPhoenix
Why is Key on the floor? She's taken 1 shot, 1 rebound in 14/15 minutes, does have 3 blocks. But we're getting
killed by their 3s: Harper should have our best perimeter defenders playing a lot. UCLA has made 13 treys! In less than 3 quarters!
That adds up to a loss. You gotta play a smaller lineup when you're getting torched from the outside.

Reactions: JustaChicken
I’m starting to become concerned we will miss the NCAA tourney for the first time in history.

UCLA is 19th according to some rankings so it is clear we are not even top 25. If we continue playing like we are now we absolutely will not make the tournament. We have to improve a lot and do it quickly.

It just doesn't feel like a team. If feels like a bunch of kids who have never played together before and have no idea what to do. Kellie has exacerbated that with how she runs her lineups. She pretty much assures they don't gel by doing that.

Relax, that's not happening.

We already know we’re losing this game. If we lose the next game, will you be concerned? This question is really for loyalists but what would our record need to be for you all to be alarmed? We started the season ranked #4 but will be 2-3 after this game, with one loss to an unranked team.

It is only an 18 point lead by UCLA heading to the 4th ...lets go LV at least cut into that lead

Just keep Jordan and Rickea in with 3 3 point shooters and see how that plays out, nothing else seems to work.

VN Store

Back