Game Thread: (#11/10) Lady Vols 80 - Oklahoma State 55

Jordan needed 1 more rebound and 1 more assist for a triple double but Kellie took her out

She should have had it on the assists. She had 3-4 where her teammate missed the bunny then made the second off the rebound. She’s really playing well, playing within herself and under control. Still times where she’s too fast for the game but they’re much less frequent and she’s not letting the errors snowball and affect her.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Rae in that she is a little wild with those drives into traffic. If she had made those last two free throws that is ten points in something like 10 minutes not to bad. Getting control of her game just like Rae will decide how she plays. She has a lot of talent physically.

Exactly. I’m not concerned at all and don’t want her to lose her energy. It’s about harnessing it though and she’ll get there. She has the right teachers in both Rae and Jordy. Both have(or had) a tendency to play out of control and attempt to take over more than the team needed them to. Remember she was high(and climbing) in rankings before she switched states and schools in her senior year. Kaiya will be perfectly fine.

She should have had it on the assists. She had 3-4 where her teammate missed the bunny then made the second off the rebound. She’s really playing well, playing within herself and under control. Still times where she’s too fast for the game but they’re much less frequent and she’s not letting the errors snowball and affect her.

And honestly she wouldn’t look faster than the game with Rae on the court. A heathy Rae with TK and Jordy is ELITE(Snoop/Keyen/Walker as well) Currently some of her other teammates can’t gather the passes she sends.

Question for those who got to watch both games. Are they improving by todays results? Or is OSU and Kansas that bad? I saw the highlights but it’s hard to judge without seeing game flow live.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
And honestly she wouldn’t look faster than the game with Rae on the court. A heathy Rae with TK and Jordy is ELITE(Snoop/Keyen/Walker as well) Currently some of her other teammates can’t gather the passes she sends.

Agreed. I think folks need to chill a little bit in regard to this obsession with TO numbers. I swear if the LVs beat UConn by 20 and Horston has 30-20-15 triple double, people will complain that she had 6 TOs.

Yes, TOs cost you a possession but unless they are the kind that lead to transition buckets or happen at a make or break moment in the game, they are not the biggest sin in basketball. Not boxing out (which does not go on the box score) is actually far more devastating. The LVs do get TOs when they try to push tempo (and they also score lots of baskets that way). Jordan does push the limits with some of her passes and as the season goes on, her teammates will get better at anticipating and reacting. Again, a bigger sin are the plays not made that could have been made with a little confidence and pizzazz (another consequence that does not show up on the score sheet).

Last edited:
Surprisingly, Massey has TN as pretty big underdogs at Tech next weekend - only 32% chance to win. I know tech is ranked but their wins don’t look quality.

Attachments

• 846B43A5-A990-4F91-BCCB-7BE7833452DD.jpeg
    846B43A5-A990-4F91-BCCB-7BE7833452DD.jpeg
    413.5 KB · Views: 45
Surprisingly, Massey has TN as pretty big underdogs at Tech next weekend - only 32% chance to win. I know tech is ranked but their wins don’t look quality.
Perhaps, the folks at Massey ate too much turkey for Thanksgiving that has clouded their judgment. I'll place my bet to win on the LVs.

Reactions: mlindsay

Massey ratings are much more accurate later in the season. I have a feeling we handle VT reasonably well. They just lost to Mo State by 8 for comparison Mo State lost to OSU by 4, a team we beat by almost 30 today. Doesn’t mean it will happen like that, but if we put together a complete game like today we should control it.

Question for those who got to watch both games. Are they improving by todays results? Or is OSU and Kansas that bad? I saw the highlights but it’s hard to judge without seeing game flow live.

Before the tournament, Oklahoma State was projecting as one of the top 40 teams in the country. I know early Bracketology is ridiculous, but they had OSU in there. OSU has a good women's program, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the tournament. Kansas is a perpetual bottom dweller though perhaps they are a bit better than usual this year.

I thought we shot the best we have shot all year against decent competition. Maybe this will be the confidence booster we needed.

1st FG% 8-15 53.3%
3PT% 2-7 28.6%
FT% 0-0 0%

2nd FG% 10-14 71.4%
3PT% 1-2 50.0%
FT% 5-5 100%

3rd FG% 8-14 57.1%
3PT% 1-2 50.0%
FT% 6-10 60%

4th FG% 3-10 30.0%
3PT% 0-1 0.0%
FT% 7-11 63.6%

GM FG% 29-53 54.7%
3PT% 4-12 33.3%
FT% 18-26 69.2%

49 rebounds to 21. Huge. And look at opponent shooting %'s - that's called good defense by us. Same old formula. Our shooting was much improved, and that's why the larger margin of victory.
The accouncer said we got to 50 and we got another board after that. I thought we had 51 🤷🏾‍♂️

VN Store

Back