Game clock

The call was probably wrong . . . but the use of the word "travesty" is comical. It's not the first time a game has hinged on a judgment call made by a ref and it won't be the last.

Here's an idea though . . . when you are ahead and the clock is about to expire, don't get under the basket and intentionally grab an opposing player in front of an official.

Ignorance? There was no clock problem and "that's the end of the story, period, end of discussion."

That's even worse.

Let's just say there was a foul before the game ended. The clock stops at 0.2. Okay, fine. I could have lived with that. But what I cannot live with is how THE CLOCK STARTED RUNNING AGAIN OVER A SECOND AFTER IT STOPPED. This PROVES that someone stopped the clock for unknown reasons and then restarted it. ESPN this morning was analyzing the play and even they said over 1 second had passed between the time the clock mysteriously stopped and the time it started again. And that's the end of the story.

I provided my old e-mail address, but if you'd like I can provide you with my school e-mail (a university in PA) to prove I have no affiliation whatsoever with Rutgers.

I do not give a FLIP where you go to school. Why don't you go whine and complain on a board that CARES???

WE WON THE GAME. Whether you like it, agree with it, or accept it or not. And you know what? All your belly-aching and inability to face facts is going to do is get you permanently banned from this board. Grow up. It's just a college basketball game. A week from now nobody will even care anymore.

That's even worse.

Let's just say there was a foul before the game ended. The clock stops at 0.2. Okay, fine. I could have lived with that. But what I cannot live with is how THE CLOCK STARTED RUNNING AGAIN OVER A SECOND AFTER IT STOPPED. This PROVES that someone stopped the clock for unknown reasons and then restarted it. ESPN this morning was analyzing the play and even they said over 1 second had passed between the time the clock mysteriously stopped and the time it started again. And that's the end of the story.

Hunny, you need a life or a significant other in the worst way.

Here's an idea though . . . when you are ahead and the clock is about to expire, don't get under the basket and intentionally grab an opposing player in front of an official.

Well, when you've been getting away with FLAGRANT , BLATANT fouls ALL DANG NIGHT, why not assume you can get away with it again? Makes sense to me.

Hunny, you need a life or a significant other in the worst way.

Wow. I guess that saying "them southern folk ain't that bright" is true after all. :crazy:

I've made my point here, you Tennessee fans can go enjoy your tarnished win in your own dream land while the rest of the country thinks Rutgers had the game stolen from them. G'day.:thumbsup:

I provided my old e-mail address, but if you'd like I can provide you with my school e-mail (a university in PA) to prove I have no affiliation whatsoever with Rutgers.

Who knew that Rutgers had sidewalk alumni?

Wow. I guess that saying "them southern folk ain't that bright" is true after all. :crazy:

I've made my point here, you Tennessee fans can go enjoy your tarnished win in your own dream land while the rest of the country thinks Rutgers had the game stolen from them. G'day.:thumbsup:

I hate to say it, but the rest of the country cares about the clock in a women's basketball game about as much as they do what I had for breakfast.

Bye.

I am as big a Lady Vols fan as there is, my posts should make that clear, but that was not the proper ending to the game. The clock clearly paused for 1.3 seconds after it reached 0.2. Even those who are math challenged can figure that out. I did think there could have been a border line cause for a foul against Parker.

Why are all these Rutger fans complaining? It will just get them more sympathy that they've already had for the last year, and apparently they're more into that than winnning games.

To me, the real question is how the girl from RU got away with that blatant charge down on the other end. Lowering your shoulder and plowing in to the basket is a charge. That's 2 points off the board.

When I bought my oven it was estimated to last 10 years, yet it blew up after a year. A malfunction perhaps? No way!

Surely you know that an estimate is not a guarantee. The statement was absolute. The ONLY WAY to stop the clock is in the hands of the refs. Of course, the guys on ESPN First Take acted as if this was Star Trek technology that didn't exist... You are hoping for a malfunction. The only issue is whether or not the arena officials are lying or someone else got a device the refs use to stop the clock.

Read it more closely in particular this line.

"The game clock can only be stopped by an official's whistle, according to Tim Reese, the arena manager."

Who restarted and why, who knows but that is really moot since the foul was called with 0.2 seconds witnessed by the clock stopping at 0.2 seconds.

That can't be entirely true. Under 1 minute in the second half the clock stops after every made basket and no whistle is blown. Who stops it then? Fouls, timeouts, out of bounds - it makes sense for the whistle to stop the clock - but as the case I just presented shows, there is a case where there is no whistle and the clock stops. So it can't be the only way it stops.

Edit: In this game, Carson for Rutgers hits the go ahead shot at 23.0 seconds. The clock stopped until Anosike inbounded to Parker. No whistle is blown for a made shot. How did the clock stop? Obviously, there is another way to stop it.

That can't be entirely true. Under 1 minute in the second half the clock stops after every made basket and no whistle is blown. Who stops it then? Fouls, timeouts, out of bounds - it makes sense for the whistle to stop the clock - but as the case I just presented shows, there is a case where there is no whistle and the clock stops. So it can't be the only way it stops.

Edit: In this game, Carson for Rutgers hits the go ahead shot at 23.0 seconds. The clock stopped until Anosike inbounded to Parker. No whistle is blown for a made shot. How did the clock stop? Obviously, there is another way to stop it.

The refs have a remote to stop the clock too.

VN Store

Back