Game clock

It was a foul, they blew the whistle, the shot clock guy hears it and stops the clock.

:hmm:As a long time vols fan I am appalled by the result tonight. Blatent. "Embarrassed" is probably the right word.

...we don't need to win with a ? mark...they need to question whoever was managing it. If he heard a whistle and stopped the clock that may explain it but
I hate to see the LADY VOLS get a win that way...they are too good to have anyone 'give' them the game, if that happened...Rutgers played great. If we didn't win fairly, it's not right.

A W is a W folks, whether Rutgers likes it or not.

The ref blew his whistle before his hand went up, and the clock stopped. Period. End of Game, and story.

:hmm:As a long time vols fan I am appalled by the result tonight. Blatent. "Embarrassed" is probably the right word.

Please . . . It was questionable, but it wasn't quite as egregious as the play by play guy was making it out to be.

Please . . . It was questionable, but it wasn't quite as egregious as the play by play guy was making it out to be.

/agrees...it was a questionable call...but nothin to get your panties in a was about...move on and worry bout LSU....cause THAT IS a conf. game which = more important than Rutgers...

There is no doubt that the clock *should* have run out before Anosike even got the rebound. The foul occurred after the clock *should* have read zero. What is unacceptable is the officals watched the replay and still blew it. I am an official and a TN fan but that was just wrong. Rutgers should have won the game. Unfortunately those things tend to even out over time - let's hope it doesn't affect the Lady Vols in March.

It looks to me like C. Vivien Stringer would have been more aware of the clock. Shouldn't somebody be watching that?

There is no doubt that the clock *should* have run out before Anosike even got the rebound. The foul occurred after the clock *should* have read zero. What is unacceptable is the officals watched the replay and still blew it. I am an official and a TN fan but that was just wrong. Rutgers should have won the game. Unfortunately those things tend to even out over time - let's hope it doesn't affect the Lady Vols in March.

You're totally, 100% wrong on that. The other part - you have a very good case for.

You lose credibility when you use such absolute certainties. There are a lot of people including the officials who saw it differently.

I am an official and a TN fan but that was just wrong.

But do you seriously believe that any official would have been able to look at a stopped clock and try to guess with the naked eye whether the clock should have been at .2, .1 or 0.0? It would have been impossible.

I feel bad for Rutgers...Thats one team I pull for when they aren't playing UT they are a classy group of girls...I just feel bad that we had to win that way...I'm sure Slive will have a bunch of phone calls tomorrow

the clock stopped when she landed from the rebound. she was fouled when she went back up. if the clock was running the time would have been out. without a doubt

On the other hand, Anosike was definitely thrown to the floor just as the clock hit .02 and stopped. Suppose the refs hadn't called a foul. Then Rutgers would have a questionable win, and all the Vol fans would be outraged. She was fouled, the refs called it, reviewed it, stood by their call, and Anosike brought it home.

The point is, they didn't have to make that call with the naked eye - they watched the replay and still missed it.

Even with the replay . . . How do you look at a replay showing a stopped clock without being able to hear a whistle and overturn that? It may have been wrong, but I don't see how the official could change it. It's not like he could wait for the clock to stop on the replay and arbitrarily guess when .2 seconds had expired. It was way too close for that.

the clock stopped when she landed from the rebound. she was fouled when she went back up. if the clock was running the time would have been out. without a doubt

Without a doubt uhh...so everyone that saw it differently, including the officials in slo-mo replay, are wrong. I am glad you are here to correct us.

The bottom line is Tennessee won and nothing will change that. I just watched my DVR and the timer on the DVR indicated that 1.3 seconds elapsed from the time the clock stopped at 0.2 and when it started again. The moment it stopped Anosike had the ball in her hands and was still airbourne on the way down with the rebound. I just would have liked to see the game decided with some better officiating earlier in the game rather than this ocntroversial ending.

Clock stoppage or not, it looked like to me that she was grabbed before time expired, therefore she should get the free throw. If she had missed them the clock malfunction would not be an issue, but she hit them both end of story.

VN Store

Back