'24 GA TE Michael Smith (uscjr commit)

I think we end up landing this kid if we miss on Reddell. No inside info, but playing with his HS QB at a better program will be too much to turn down. Especially if we beat Diet USC in the same manner we did in 2021

Pringle & Thompson wanted to stay instate and USCjr has the momentum there. Michael Smith lives in Savannah on the South Carolina border. Mazeo Bennett is instate. Wendell Gregory was a good get from Georgia. Dante Reno is trash. It’s a good class but there were advantages in place for the 2024 crop to benefit them. Call me if they get Dylan Stewart but otherwise this is the equivalent of Butch’s 2014 class of instate stars.

Pringle & Thompson wanted to stay instate and USCjr has the momentum there. Michael Smith lives in Savannah on the South Carolina border. Mazeo Bennett is instate. Wendell Gregory was a good get from Georgia. Dante Reno is trash. It’s a good class but there were advantages in place for the 2024 crop to benefit them. Call me if they get Dylan Stewart but otherwise this is the equivalent of Butch’s 2014 class of instate stars.
uh ok.

It's NIL driving it. Columbia is a dump. Beamer is a dead man walking. We all know what this is. However, 18 yo's look at the rankings, and that's it.

The Gamecocks need, deserve and will be exactly where nature intended. Bringing up Kentucky's rear, in their Cockaboose. Give them nothing, as that's precisely what they deserve.

uh ok.

It's NIL driving it. Columbia is a dump. Beamer is a dead man walking. We all know what this is. However, 18 yo's look at the rankings, and that's it.

The Gamecocks need, deserve and will be exactly where nature intended. Bringing up Kentucky's rear, in their Cockaboose. Give them nothing, as that's precisely what they deserve.
Can’t wait to fix a big plate of fried chicken on the 30th of September.

Michael Smith is committed to South Carolina, but not all schools have given up. Alabama has started to show more interest. Auburn and Tennessee have been the two most consistent, though. Smith’s teammate is quarterback Jake Merklinger, a Tennessee commit, and the Vols are looking to add another tight end to this class. The playmaker out of Savannah (Ga.) Calvary Day is expected to take some visits in the coming weeks. Nothing is set yet, but Smith is a South Carolina commitment still listening to other schools.
-Chad Simmons

I’ve never heard us mentioned with this kid before. Or at least not in a while. But iirc last I heard the VQ guys were suggesting the staff wasn’t as high on him as others? They’ve been wrong a lot though.

Seems like it would be an easy connection. QB coming here, depth chart here, better program, etc.

"Likely to decommit from South Carolina in the not so distant future"

-AP

(AP said Michael Williams, teammate of Merklinger, but I'm pretty sure he was talking about Smith here)

👀👀👀

Edit: mike Williams is an OT who decommitted from them a while ago.

IMG_5326.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange.

VN Store

Back