'19 GA S Jaylen McCollough (Tennessee signee)

If he's smart he's got 88 blocked like me.

giphy.gif

I hate giphy. ever since they changed their layout the links dont work smh.

Last edited:
Bama/USC is going to be biggest competition imo. Bama just lost Gant who has been visiting UF a bunch.
Gant talked like the Bama coaches showed him hardly any attention when he visited for A-Day. Gant has been looking around for a while. It seems to have been an undiscussed mutual parting of the ways. I think Bama's only taking 3-4 DBs this cycle. Two others are already committed and they're in good shape with a few others I think they prefer over Gant.

Last edited:
Gant talked like the Bama coaches showed him hardly any attention when he visited for A-Day. Gant has been looking around for a while. It seems to have been an undiscussed mutual parting of the ways. I think Bama's only taking 3-4 DBs this cycle. Two others are already committed and they're in good shape with a few others I think they prefer over Gant.

I think it was the fact that there wasn't that much difference in Gant and others they were recruiting and most felt he was staying home in Florida at one foe the schools. Smart move by bama to not waste time if they didn't think they would land him

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting comments in the podcast today. Sounds like the staff may be backing off some. Doesn't sound like they are sold on his speed/athleticism.

From 247:

Jaylen McCollough has visited Tuscaloosa about 10 times, which is more than any other school he has been to. Alabama at one point was in his public top 3 along with Georgia and Ohio State. He has since added more schools, but Alabama should be the team to beat.

The coaching staff has gone back and forth with McCollough about whether he can commit. He can. With as many trips as he’s taken to Tuscaloosa, I have a hard time not picturing this class without McCollough in it.

From 247:

Jaylen McCollough has visited Tuscaloosa about 10 times, which is more than any other school he has been to. Alabama at one point was in his public top 3 along with Georgia and Ohio State. He has since added more schools, but Alabama should be the team to beat.

The coaching staff has gone back and forth with McCollough about whether he can commit. He can. With as many trips as he’s taken to Tuscaloosa, I have a hard time not picturing this class without McCollough in it.

"Not picturing this class without McCollough in it"

Journalism doesn't have any standards these days.

"Not picturing this class without McCollough in it"

Journalism doesn't have any standards these days.

Thought the same thing. Read it 3-4 times to try to understand what he was saying.

And ftr, journalism these days is bad grammar and writing stories as a means of pushing your political ideology....and that’s it. In other words, there is no journalism anymore.

Thought the same thing. Read it 3-4 times to try to understand what he was saying.

And ftr, journalism these days is bad grammar and writing stories as a means of pushing your political ideology....and that’s it. In other words, there is no journalism anymore.
That’s literally all journalism has ever been. Ever heard of penny press, yellow journalism, etc?

That’s literally all journalism has ever been. Ever heard of penny press, yellow journalism, etc?

Not completely accurate. Serious journalism existed long before, and after, the term 'yellow journalism' was coined in the 1890s, mainly due to circulation wars between the Hearst and Pulitzer papers, and really came to a head in the build up to the sinking of the USA Maine in Havana Harbor. But even during that period, there was more serious journalism than yellow, or tabloid, journalism. It was just that the yellow journalism was more sensationalized, and more thought was put into the headline than the article itself. It certainly appears it has cycled back around to that, and is probably in large part new these days is instantaneous, so everyone is in a rush to get the story out, and in a world of bloggers, headlines have to be attention getters. Serious journalism send to be in its last breath.

Not completely accurate. Serious journalism existed long before, and after, the term 'yellow journalism' was coined in the 1890s, mainly due to circulation wars between the Hearst and Pulitzer papers, and really came to a head in the build up to the sinking of the USA Maine in Havana Harbor. But even during that period, there was more serious journalism than yellow, or tabloid, journalism. It was just that the yellow journalism was more sensationalized, and more thought was put into the headline than the article itself. It certainly appears it has cycled back around to that, and is probably in large part new these days is instantaneous, so everyone is in a rush to get the story out, and in a world of bloggers, headlines have to be attention getters. Serious journalism send to be in its last breath.
The times, post, and the Intercept are still very good. Others are meh. WSJ is solid

VN Store

Back