'19 GA S Jaylen McCollough (Tennessee signee)

From 247:

Jaylen McCollough has visited Tuscaloosa about 10 times, which is more than any other school he has been to. Alabama at one point was in his public top 3 along with Georgia and Ohio State. He has since added more schools, but Alabama should be the team to beat.

The coaching staff has gone back and forth with McCollough about whether he can commit. He can. With as many trips as he’s taken to Tuscaloosa, I have a hard time not picturing this class without McCollough in it.

Cobb, you bring good information but can you bring anything other than positive vibes for Auburn and Alabama?

"I just talked with my coaches friends and family and those four schools are the best fit for me," said McCollough. "I knew when I was younger that I wanted to play SEC ball. All four of these schools are top notch SEC programs." "I’ve visited South Carolina and Tennessee twice, Auburn once and Alabama a handful of times."

"Auburn and Alabama have been at the top of the SEC for years and they produce NFL talent every year. I have great relationships with Alabama’s coaching staff, even though Derrick Ansley left, coach Scott won’t miss a beat at Alabama. Coach Steele at Auburn is a great defensive coach and talking with him, I can see myself thriving in their defensive scheme." "South Carolina is on the verge of being a contender for a SEC title and also has a great defensive coaching staff." "I’m comfortable with the coaching staff at Tennessee and the direction they have the program headed in."

"I will be taking visits to all these schools and camp at all of the schools this summer to try and get a better feel for my commitment in the fall. It is going to be a hard decision. I can see myself at each of these schools."

RIVALS REACTION: McCollough likely has each staff feeling they have a real chance to land him when that time comes. Some feel he has a favorite or maybe a top two, but he really seems to be torn. The visits this summer will be key in his decision. That time on the field working with position coaches and being around other commits and players on that campus could push one team over the top. All we know now is, McCollough is going to live out his dream — he will play in the SEC.

-Chad Simmons, Rivals

Reactions: 1 person
Cobb, you bring good information but can you bring anything other than positive vibes for Auburn and Alabama?

Some of the other posters have already placed the positive news on the board and I just don't duplicate it.

However, I do put a lot of emphasis on what our potential recruits are saying to the other schools. That I think is a true barometer of the situation.

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder how high he is on coaches board. Aren’t there a lot of questions about where he plays at the next level and speed?

Jaylen recently announced a Top 4 of South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama and Auburn — the latter three all hoping McCollough comes and camps this summer.

Simonton

Last edited:
Jaylen McCollough is another prospect who could make a decision in the coming months. Alabama, South Carolina and Tennessee look to be the major players at this time. Florida State is still in this one as well. He has visited Knoxville twice in 2018.

Simmons

I honestly hope we get this guy. Fits in well and his top 4 tells me he is a smart player... all the same scheme. He is a rangy guy that would thrive because of his multiple skill sets.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
He's gonna try to make it to UT tommorrow. He'd be a great get. Pretty decent chances UA may land 1-2 other safeties this summer. Landing one probably takes UA out of the mix for McCullough, two definitely would.

it's always a bama leftover isn't it? you might as well say "he'd be a great get........................................for y'all".

smh. i'm so ready for Bama to bite it. hard.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back