'19 GA S Jaylen McCollough (Tennessee signee)

Big Gucci Sosa

McCollough was excited to get to Alabama’s spring game on April 21 and is figuring out which visits to take. As an early enrollee, McCollough plans to take a few officials in the spring. He has visited Tennessee and South Carolina. Tennessee DB coach Charles Kelly recruited and coached his dad in college.
-SBnation

Sleegro

I thought it was the 2020 kid we got that Kelly coached?
So it looks like both McCollough's dad and Kristian Story's dad (Clifford) played for Kelly at Jacksonville State in the mid to late 90's but I don't think they overlapped. Maybe it helps with both of them. I think Story's dad is also his head coach right now.

CobbVol

From SEC Country:

And then finally, there’s Jaylen McCollough, a 4-star safety from Georgia. We’ve written about McCollough a lot on SEC Country. He’s visited Alabama more than any other school, and we have said that his recruitment felt like an Alabama-Auburn race. That was before we learned that several schools have concerns about McCollough’s speed.

McCollough posted a 4.71 40-yard dash time at Nike’s The Opening Atlanta regional camp in March. That’s a very slow time for a safety and a prospect who is 6-1 and 190 pounds. McCollough may need to camp this summer in Tuscaloosa. This is why you might have seen various recruiting reporters give their picks to schools such as South Carolina and Tennessee on the 247Sports Crystal Ball feature.

jakez4ut

ready for football.
From SEC Country:

And then finally, there’s Jaylen McCollough, a 4-star safety from Georgia. We’ve written about McCollough a lot on SEC Country. He’s visited Alabama more than any other school, and we have said that his recruitment felt like an Alabama-Auburn race. That was before we learned that several schools have concerns about McCollough’s speed.

McCollough posted a 4.71 40-yard dash time at Nike’s The Opening Atlanta regional camp in March. That’s a very slow time for a safety and a prospect who is 6-1 and 190 pounds. McCollough may need to camp this summer in Tuscaloosa. This is why you might have seen various recruiting reporters give their picks to schools such as South Carolina and Tennessee on the 247Sports Crystal Ball feature.
classic.........

"he's not good enough for Bama or Auburn, so expect TN to be a player here"

:eek:lol:

jakez4ut

ready for football.
I hate it, but it's true. Think the kid grows in to a linebacker before it's all said and done.
maybe, but really, it was like the worst backhanded, condescending comment ever. ok, that may be a tad over stated. but you get the idea.

if he can play, he can play. i think 40 times are a bit over blown at times. in the amount of time a typical football play occurs, how often, really, does your straight line 40 yard dash speed matter?

there's a difference between quick and fast. and i'm not saying he's one or the other. just didn't like the tenor of the comment....lol.

VN Store

Sponsors