'22 GA RB Justin Williams (Cal)

Great point with the walk-on. Either he was overrated or/and didn’t work hard. I have a feeling he was in the doghouse, especially with the taking down of Tennessee stuff on SM
I went to church with a family that is close to him in GA. They say he's a very hard worker. I've gathered from other comments since he arrived that he was trying and coachable.

Sometimes you just don't fit like you hoped you would. The last thing I heard from any source was that he wasn't picking up pass pro.

This is definitely disappointing to hear. I was really excited when he committed last Fall. He was a huge pickup. I think he could have been a huge piece if he had just redshirted and gave it some time, but in this era of instant gratification it doesn’t shock me not getting playing time in Year 1 means instant transfer.

Maybe it wasn’t the PT and he just didn’t want to be here. Feel like you’re making a rather large assumption

Reactions: PA Vol and bigl3327
Highly doubt the staff told him to leave. JWT is a very different kind of back than Sampson. He was more stuck behind Small and Wright. Sampson played bc he could add explosiveness and big play potential right away when we didn’t necessarily have a guy who could do that in the RB room. Wright can but they didn’t trust him with ball security and was used as a more traditional back anyway
I don’t, Sampson came in during the summer semester and pretty much took the #3 spot, and he was very good vs Vanderbilt in pass pro

Highly doubt the staff told him to leave. JWT is a very different kind of back than Sampson. He was more stuck behind Small and Wright. Sampson played bc he could add explosiveness and big play potential right away when we didn’t necessarily have a guy who could do that in the RB room. Wright can but they didn’t trust him with ball security and was used as a more traditional back anyway
Do you know something or is that simply an opinion? I can imagine a conversation where they simply told him that it did not look like it would work out for him as a RB at UT. He probably had other options to stay and decided to go.

Tee Hodges 6'0 230
Dee Beckwith 6'4 230
Whitehead 6'2 225
JW Thomas 6'0 215

My theory is holding true so far.

Wright 5'11 200
Small 5'11 210
Sampson 5'10 190

It seems that this offense is only available for the smaller more explosive backs....

Do you know something or is that simply an opinion? I can imagine a conversation where they simply told him that it did not look like it would work out for him as a RB at UT. He probably had other options to stay and decided to go.
An opinion and what everyone was saying about him all year. Obviously they talked about it with him if he entered the portal, but I don't think he was forced out by any means

Tee Hodges 6'0 230
Dee Beckwith 6'4 230
Whitehead 6'2 225
JW Thomas 6'0 215

Wright 5'11 200
Small 5'11 210
Sampson 5'10 190

It seems that this offense is only available for the smaller more explosive backs....
Really hope Kaleifa Keith is the exception to this

Tee Hodges 6'0 230
Dee Beckwith 6'4 230
Whitehead 6'2 225
JW Thomas 6'0 215

Wright 5'11 200
Small 5'11 210
Sampson 5'10 190

Well the first 3 of those big RBs you mentioned just suck.

An opinion and what everyone was saying about him all year. Obviously they talked about it with him if he entered the portal, but I don't think he was forced out by any means
I suspect those conversations are very individual. He may have simply been told where he stands, how far he would have to go to play, and maybe offered some other options.

I definitely think there are some guys that are told that if they come back they'll have to do it without a scholarship.

Tee Hodges 6'0 230
Dee Beckwith 6'4 230
Whitehead 6'2 225
JW Thomas 6'0 215

Wright 5'11 200
Small 5'11 210
Sampson 5'10 190

Or it could just be the better backs. None of the ones leaving have shown much.

Tee Hodges 6'0 230
Dee Beckwith 6'4 230
Whitehead 6'2 225
JW Thomas 6'0 215

Wright 5'11 200
Small 5'11 210
Sampson 5'10 190

I think it’s more about talent. It’s clear they want some bigger backs. Sampson is the only small back they recruited so far

Reactions: RiseToTheTop
Tee Hodges 6'0 230
Dee Beckwith 6'4 230
Whitehead 6'2 225
JW Thomas 6'0 215

Wright 5'11 200
Small 5'11 210
Sampson 5'10 190

How many of those taller muthas are killing it elsewhere? 😏

VN Store

Back