'22 GA RB Justin Williams (Cal)

This is definitely disappointing to hear. I was really excited when he committed last Fall. He was a huge pickup. I think he could have been a huge piece if he had just redshirted and gave it some time, but in this era of instant gratification it doesn’t shock me not getting playing time in Year 1 means instant transfer.

Hopelessly behind Small, Wright and Sampson. When there were available snaps this season, the walk-on got the nod. Wall and writing with the monster, Keith on the way.

Great point with the walk-on. Either he was overrated or/and didn’t work hard. I have a feeling he was in the doghouse, especially with the taking down of Tennessee stuff on SM

Great point with the walk-on. Either he was overrated or/and didn’t work hard. I have a feeling he was in the doghouse, especially with the taking down of Tennessee stuff on SM
Very astute observation imo. Something was off. It wasn't LJ Dixon level...but off nonetheless.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
JWT should have seen a pretty clear route to PT next year. I would take Trey Sanders over him if JWT doesn't want to be here

He wasn't stuck behind Sampson until he was.

Normal attrition to me. Might have even been told to get in the portal by the staff.
Highly doubt the staff told him to leave. JWT is a very different kind of back than Sampson. He was more stuck behind Small and Wright. Sampson played bc he could add explosiveness and big play potential right away when we didn’t necessarily have a guy who could do that in the RB room. Wright can but they didn’t trust him with ball security and was used as a more traditional back anyway

VN Store

Back