'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

While it would have been great to have gotten a commitment from Simpson or Horn (for momentum in recruiting only) the QB situation just doesn't concern me at this point. I think we really need to concentrate on the defensive side and maybe a TE or two more (if we could get Gilbert that would help I THINK) and of course quality WRs as well.

Sorry, no way Mizzou was ever going to hire Heupel. We already saw problems with how he manages a game. The hurry up no huddle put a lot of points on the board against non-conference buy a win games, but against real competition it was routinely exposed. A lot of 3 and outs, leaving the defense hung out to dry. Get used to opposing teams having the ball for 35+ minutes and tired defenses in the 4th quarter. QB talent knows he does not develop that position for the NFL. Get ready for plays were there is only a single passing read or only a run with 2-3 other receivers not even bothering to run routes because they stay at the LOS to run block if the single receiver isn't open.

He's also kind of a dick and does not like recruiting.
Hey, we would be glad to start blowing out the non-confidence buy a win games.

Sorry, no way Mizzou was ever going to hire Heupel. We already saw problems with how he manages a game. The hurry up no huddle put a lot of points on the board against non-conference buy a win games, but against real competition it was routinely exposed. A lot of 3 and outs, leaving the defense hung out to dry. Get used to opposing teams having the ball for 35+ minutes and tired defenses in the 4th quarter. QB talent knows he does not develop that position for the NFL. Get ready for plays were there is only a single passing read or only a run with 2-3 other receivers not even bothering to run routes because they stay at the LOS to run block if the single receiver isn't open.

1614620723656.gif

If having the #6 dual threat QB coming out of high school scares away recruits, then how in the world do all these other schools get even higher rated QBs than Salter there every single year?
Easy there, short pants. I'm just saying, Salter is good, we have a shitstorm hanging over us. Couple those things together and its time to find a new place. They'll be sorry when we start throwing up 30-70pts on everyone. . .

Sorry bout the short pants thing. You seem like a good poster and person , I'm a dummy . . . calling names like a child.

There will be some concern about him being poached; however, he has a great contract, the South Endzone facility that was completed less than two years ago is first-rate and we are now building a $30M indoor practice facility he wants. His staff coming apart is not even on the radar. He has put together an exceptional staff. He has shown good and experienced coaches want to work with him. As I said before, his recruiting has already surpassed anything we have seen before. Time will tell as it always does.
Success ALWAYS pulls those great position coaches and Co-ordinators to promotions after some success.
Drinkwitz is a great offensive strategist. Looking back, he would have been a better fit here in 2018 that our hire. Hindsight, and all.

I look forward to seeing who has the best schemes in these seasons coming up, Kiffin, Drinkwitz, or Heupel. They are all masters of the correct gameplan matched to opponents. I hope it is not Kiffin, because he is a scumbag. IMO.

Reactions: Forever A Tiger

Lmao.....if you care about facts you can find the post on here where it actually shows TOP stats for his offense. I'll let you in on what you will see, you are wrong. His teams do fine with TOP. But judging by the tenor of your post I assume you don't care to be bothered by facts.

I'm done following recruiting. It used to be fun, but the early signing period and our failure to live up to Butch Jones level of recruiting with half a staff full of recruiters of the year sucked all the fun right out of it.
Now this and the transfers . . .CJH was in a tough spot

Last edited:

VN Store

Back