'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

Heupel will have to work with duck tape and bailing wire. He’s will have 4 quality QBs on campus, much higher rated than anything he had at UCF. It’s not as if Horn would be starting in 22. Plenty of time to develop this QB room and recruit.

Good Lord, Rousty, where in hell do you think you're posting?

That is not the VolNation Way.

This is:

GraveCelebratedDarwinsfox-small.gif

BTW, good to see you, my friend!

Reactions: tennrich1
Heupel did a lot of damage with 3 star recruits at UCF. There’s some young offensive talent on the team, and he’s just going to have to get the most out of it for the time being. This may be a super heavy 3 star class that bridges us until next season.
we'll have a four star or two. but yes I agree

Reactions: VolByLaw
I am sure that Eli painted a very honest assessment of our very open NCAA situation with the blank canvas that we provided to the Horn family

Bama, UF, and UGA. Who are the other losses? Alcoa could win six games on our 2021 schedule. If Hoople wants to be here longer than Pruitt, he’s going to have to do better than that.

So are you too stupid to spell Heupel, too much of a jerk to do so, or you think it's cute to be disrespectful? All of the above?

First, can we fire Pruitt and Fulmer again? Wtf...

This kid will be a serious flip candidate if this staff really wants him. QB isn’t a dire need this class either and if we get hit with scholarship reduction QB could be a spot we pass on.

HB still has 4 years
Maurer still has 3 years
Salter 4 years

Reactions: SugarCC

This kid will be a serious flip candidate if this staff really wants him. QB isn’t a dire need this class either and if we get hit with scholarship reduction QB could be a spot we pass on.

HB still has 4 years
Maurer still has 3 years
Salter 4 years

You’re assuming NCAA makes a ruling this year. Very doubtful that happens.

I am going to be laughing at all of these tears when this kid goes baseball. That is where his money is. Probably did UT a favor by committing to Mizzou.

Reactions: LoudOrange
You’re assuming NCAA makes a ruling this year. Very doubtful that happens.
go ahead and take the bowl ban and 5 schollys reduction .. this year .. get a head start ... bowl game so what ... have the guys a party after the season ... go have fun somewhere .. look to the future

Reactions: preacherwebb
I'll say the same thing I said in the Ty Simpson thread. Oh well, best of luck to him...NEXT!

I'm not ready to believe that out of the entire country of high school QB's only 2 of them can get the job done here. We may very well have one here now that will get it done for the next 4 years in Salter. So let's not jump off a bridge just yet.
You have no idea how recruiting works apparently, especially with a new staff.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I am going to be laughing at all of these tears when this kid goes baseball. That is where his money is. Probably did UT a favor by committing to Mizzou.

200w.gif

Please, enlighten me.
Heupel needs a high level recruit to commit in order to encourage other top talent to come to UT. Much like Hurd did to spark Butch’s first class, a big time recruit can change the entire dynamic of a recruiting class.

And the converse works as well. Keep striking out and other recruits get cautious.

Heupel needs a high level recruit to commit in order to encourage other top talent to come to UT. Much like Hurd did to spark Butch’s first class, a big time recruit can change the entire dynamic of a recruiting class.

And the converse works as well. Keep striking out and other recruits get cautious.
Hurd wasn’t in his first class. Flipping Dobbs from Arizona state right before NSD in his first class was his legacy...and it wasn’t really ballyhooed since we already had fan favorite Riley Ferguson. Wearing white doesn’t make you a scientist. 😏

Reactions: CA_Vol
Apparently so. No hard feelings—good luck to the kid, but I can’t wait to watch Heupel dog walk Drinkwitz every year. I was actually afraid Missouri was going to hire Heupel last year—glad they didn’t.

Sorry, no way Mizzou was ever going to hire Heupel. We already saw problems with how he manages a game. The hurry up no huddle put a lot of points on the board against non-conference buy a win games, but against real competition it was routinely exposed. A lot of 3 and outs, leaving the defense hung out to dry. Get used to opposing teams having the ball for 35+ minutes and tired defenses in the 4th quarter. QB talent knows he does not develop that position for the NFL. Get ready for plays were there is only a single passing read or only a run with 2-3 other receivers not even bothering to run routes because they stay at the LOS to run block if the single receiver isn't open.

He's also kind of a dick and does not like recruiting.

Reactions: de1conley
Until this NCAA deal is done with recruiting is going to be ugly.
I'm sure there's all kinds of negative recruiting going on right now by opposing coaches. It's gonna be a miracle if we get any love from some of the higher rated guys this year. If Pruitt was really gonna hire Ty's dad as an on field coach this year, maybe JH should just circle the wagons and offer his dad the last available spot. I don't see that happening buy I guess anything is possible.

Sorry, no way Mizzou was ever going to hire Heupel. We already saw problems with how he manages a game. The hurry up no huddle put a lot of points on the board against non-conference buy a win games, but against real competition it was routinely exposed. A lot of 3 and outs, leaving the defense hung out to dry. Get used to opposing teams having the ball for 35+ minutes and tired defenses in the 4th quarter. QB talent knows he does not develop that position for the NFL. Get ready for plays were there is only a single passing read or only a run with 2-3 other receivers not even bothering to run routes because they stay at the LOS to run block if the single receiver isn't open.

He's also kind of a dick and does not like recruiting.

I’m already used to the other team having the ball for 35+ minutes.

HB still has 4 years
Maurer still has 3 years
Salter 4 years

i would give a nickel to have seen the QB board in the war room. Not sure where the guys we missed on stood on the GOTTA HAVE board. That in part would be where they were evaluated compared to the guys you listed. I think we were politically involved with both, but not sure we were all in on either. Anybody got real info, not assumptions on here.

VN Store

Back