'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

Looks like there’s is not anything to talk about.
He has not signed yet. There is still plenty to talk about. I am sure you will remind us how awful this hire is a few times. It is ok. I have confidence we will get a good QB. I did want Horn, and having him commit to Missouri stings pretty badly, but the gift of Jeremy Pruitt has to quit giving at some point. Just not sure when that will be.

Pruitt didn’t screw him. He had Ty Simpson, number one QB on their board, locked up. You can say a lot about Pruitt, but he had the quarterback he wanted.
Only because he agreed to hire his daddy. Pruitt did screw us. Nothing is certain. We could have at least stayed in touch with him.

If Barry Odom was still our coach, I would agree with those who say he won't sign. However, if Odom was still our coach he wouldn't have committed at all. Coach Drinkwitz signed more 4-stars his first year than Odom did in four and has signed a class tied with the best ever under Gary Pinkel. There's a good chance it will finish higher. As someone who has been going to Mizzou games since the 60s, I have never seen any coach with the ability to recruit like he has shown. He's also attracted a top-notch staff. The SEC is obviously tough; however, I do believe we can finally be competitive. I do think Josh Huepel may do well for you. He's certainly not the most dynamic or personable guy but he does know offense. Good luck.

Glad you got that off your chest. Good for you!!

Here's a cookie. Door is that way......

Heupel will have to work with duck tape and bailing wire. He’s will have 4 quality QBs on campus, much higher rated than anything he had at UCF. It’s not as if Horn would be starting in 22. Plenty of time to develop this QB room and recruit.
I know we 2 very talented Freshman next year. In CHRIST Alone

The POS who hired the POS should have never been hired either.
This is a false narrative. What other options did we have after the Schiano debacle. Steele? Doering? The Georgia DC? Maybe he would have been better, but Fulmer's hands were pretty well tied. The extension was a huge mistake and choosing to die on the hill with him an even bigger one, though. No need to call him a POS.

Also, I think it should be noted that there's a good chance he'll never see a college campus. He's a pretty big MLB prospect

He probably would never have picked Tennessee with the NCAA troubles hanging over the Tennessee football program.

raw.gif

I had said earlier in this thread that it might be either Mizzou or Michigan State and I was called a liar and told that 24/7 isn't accurate. I hate to say I told ya so.

I had said earlier in this thread that it might be either Mizzou or Michigan State and I was called a liar and told that 24/7 isn't accurate. I hate to say I told ya so.
No Sir eee, I don't believe you hate to say it. Or else, you know, you would not have said it.

I hope the strain in your upper arm and back muscles gets better for all that self-backpatting you are doing.

I don't see the big deal.... We literally have the most talented QB room we've had since Dobbs.

I would be concerned about losing Simpson or Horn had we lost Bailey or Salter decided to sign elsewhere.

Huepel is a QB guru and he is walking into a QB room with better talent than Butch or Pruitt did.

Guys, this is so bad. We seem to invent new and awful ways of digging to a new and previously unheard of “rock bottom”.

I'll say the same thing I said in the Ty Simpson thread. Oh well, best of luck to him...NEXT!

I'm not ready to believe that out of the entire country of high school QB's only 2 of them can get the job done here. We may very well have one here now that will get it done for the next 4 years in Salter. So let's not jump off a bridge just yet.

Heupel did a lot of damage with 3 star recruits at UCF. There’s some young offensive talent on the team, and he’s just going to have to get the most out of it for the time being. This may be a super heavy 3 star class that bridges us until next season.

No Sir eee, I don't believe you hate to say it. Or else, you know, you would not have said it.

I hope the strain in your upper arm and back muscles gets better for all that self-backpatting you are doing.

no offense, but, wgas? changes nothing, except your own ego.

Not about ego guys. I consider myself to be a humble guy. I've been through a lot as have a lot of others. I do hate to have said it. In the back of my mind, I wanted Horn here at Tennessee. I do apologize if I came off as a complete ass when I posted.

Not about ego guys. I consider myself to be a humble guy. I've been through a lot as have a lot of others. I do hate to have said it. In the back of my mind, I wanted Horn here at Tennessee. I do apologize if I came off as a complete ass when I posted.
LOL, not a complete ass. Just a little Bruin-ish about calling this one. Now if you predict we are going to beat Bama and that happens, you can Toot that Horn all day long.

VN Store

Back