'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

Nope. I’m blaming the previous staffs Incompetence for the reason he went to Mizzou. I’m blaming the comments by people who thought he would be our backup plan for the timing. You know as well as I do that it’s not normal for top 150 kids to commit at 800 PM on a Sunday night. The kid didn’t appreciate the slow play by the previous staff or the fans assuming he would be ours since we didn’t get Batchelor Number 1.

Mizzou probably gave him a get on or get off pressure

He hasn't signed anything yet has he. How many recruits have we had a verbal from that were sure gets and for them to go somewhere else ? It is part of it, same thing ever year.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
So? Heck he had offers from several SEC schools. It's not like he decommitted from UT from what I read. Somebody trying to stir the shat pot.

Apparently so. No hard feelings—good luck to the kid, but I can’t wait to watch Heupel dog walk Drinkwitz every year. I was actually afraid Missouri was going to hire Heupel last year—glad they didn’t.
I think Heupel and team are gonna beat some teams without mercy once the players get the system down. They will coach up who we have. We just need time to flush out the bad culture.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
So is it safe to assume Horn’s first choice was Bama and second was Mizzou? If not he could have just committed to Mizzou no matter what Simpson did. So many other big name schools he could have committed to.

why did we expect Heupel to recruit a high rated QB to sit behind Bailey and Salter?
This is exactly my thoughts. People are panicking for no reason. We have one of our best QB rooms in recent history. We are actually set up for the foreseeable future. It wouldn't bother me at all if we didn't bring in a QB this Recruiting class. We are hurting in other areas far worse and need to recruit those more this cycle.

I don't think he has signed anything, so it ain't over til he does and who is to say that he is a priority for this staff. They may have someone they think fits the system better plus he wants to play baseball as well so who knows.

why did we expect Heupel to recruit a high rated QB to sit behind Bailey and Salter?
This. Some folks seem to forget that both HB and Salter will have 4 years of eligibility left. Everybody gets a freebie for 2020. Id honestly be ok with taking a chance on a lower rated guy this class purely for depth

Reactions: Steelcurtain
If Barry Odom was still our coach, I would agree with those who say he won't sign. However, if Odom was still our coach he wouldn't have committed at all. Coach Drinkwitz signed more 4-stars his first year than Odom did in four and has signed a class tied with the best ever under Gary Pinkel. There's a good chance it will finish higher. As someone who has been going to Mizzou games since the 60s, I have never seen any coach with the ability to recruit like he has shown. He's also attracted a top-notch staff. The SEC is obviously tough; however, I do believe we can finally be competitive. I do think Josh Huepel may do well for you. He's certainly not the most dynamic or personable guy but he does know offense. Good luck.

How is this on Heupel?
It’s not. It’s in the prior administration that cheated and got caught. It’s also on the prior AD that hired a coach with no Head Coaching experience at any level of football. Heuple has been on staff a very short time and this recruiting class is not on him good or bad. He will be judge on next years recruiting class and beyond. He will also be judge on how well he develops the current talent we have right now.

It’s not. It’s in the prior administration that cheated and got caught. It’s also on the prior AD that hired a coach with no Head Coaching experience at any level of football. Heuple has been on staff a very short time and this recruiting class is not on him good or bad. He will be judge on next years recruiting class and beyond. He will also be judge on how well he develops the current talent we have right now.
I can agree with all of this.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Can't we just tell the NCAA to suck it ? LSU did and their basketball coach is on tape making a strong a$$ offer. Pearl and Auburn refused to talk to the NCAA and took a one season, self-imposed post season ban and that looks like all they are going to get. I don't get it, maybe we have to have a school president and/or AD with some balls, but it looks like schools that say eff u to the NCAA, nothing really happens to 'em

I said this but ppl wanted to get mad. Inferior tell on myself UT. Kansas, Arizona, and LSU told the NCAA to get the hell off their campus. UNC said F*** off and was caught red handed likewise. From the Bruce Pearl bball incident to this UT has continued to help the NCAA and do their work for them. Unreal how embarrassing things kp happening and we act like lil brothers of the midmajor world

VN Store

Back