'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

I said this but ppl wanted to get mad. Inferior tell on myself UT. Kansas, Arizona, and LSU told the NCAA to get the hell off their campus. UNC said F*** off and was caught red handed likewise. From the Bruce Pearl bball incident to this UT has continued to help the NCAA and do their work for them. Unreal how embarrassing things kp happening and we act like lil brothers of the midmajor world

Dude just go away. Nobody wants to hear your ignorant bull****. You don’t know jack squat.

Reactions: Volator
Horn will sign with MLB, won't play a down of CFB. Don't even know if Heupel even wanted him, he's got a long-windup like a pitcher, not ideal for his offense... I don't know how this board goes south on things like this.

Reactions: Nickid1975
If Barry Odom was still our coach, I would agree with those who say he won't sign. However, if Odom was still our coach he wouldn't have committed at all. Coach Drinkwitz signed more 4-stars his first year than Odom did in four and has signed a class tied with the best ever under Gary Pinkel. There's a good chance it will finish higher. As someone who has been going to Mizzou games since the 60s, I have never seen any coach with the ability to recruit like he has shown. He's also attracted a top-notch staff. The SEC is obviously tough; however, I do believe we can finally be competitive. I do think Josh Huepel may do well for you. He's certainly not the most dynamic or personable guy but he does know offense. Good luck.
Is Drink “dynamic or personable”? 😏

Horn will sign with MLB, won't play a down of CFB. Don't even know if Heupel even wanted him, he's got a long-windup like a pitcher, not ideal for his offense... I don't know how this board goes south on things like this.
Heupel wanted him...next.

If Barry Odom was still our coach, I would agree with those who say he won't sign. However, if Odom was still our coach he wouldn't have committed at all. Coach Drinkwitz signed more 4-stars his first year than Odom did in four and has signed a class tied with the best ever under Gary Pinkel. There's a good chance it will finish higher. As someone who has been going to Mizzou games since the 60s, I have never seen any coach with the ability to recruit like he has shown. He's also attracted a top-notch staff. The SEC is obviously tough; however, I do believe we can finally be competitive. I do think Josh Huepel may do well for you. He's certainly not the most dynamic or personable guy but he does know offense. Good luck.
Drinkwitz is excellent gameplanner and strategist. Mizz will be better going forward. Now you guys have to keep him from being poached, or beware the Dooley syndrome where you recruit decent talent, then the staff comes apart and the team circles the drain.

Not trying to be dramatic but always keep your cup on for the foreseeable future. We will be alright in the long run, but it's going to be rough for awhile more. We will not START to ascend until the extent of the sanctions are known. Don't expect miracles on the field either, if Heupel gets us to 6-6 next year he should be COY.

I don't think some of you guys realize how good Kaidon Salter is. As long as he is still on board, we should be fine at QB. Seriously, watch some video of Salter. There is plenty out there on YouTube. There was an article on RockyTopTalk.com from two weeks ago, in which Trent Dilfer compared Salter to Deshaun Watson. We will be griping about everything BUT our quarterback play three years from now.

Yeah but when Salter Balls out and Horn & Simpson aren't here to hit the PORTAL, we want have anything to Bit3h about.

Pruitt would have prolly got at least 1 of the 2 between Simpson or Horn. But still he was t worth keeping regardless if he had 25 6* committed
You Got that right. Plus, we have a 5* and 4* QB on our roster already and both have at least 4 years remaining. its not like we are desperate for a QB. Once QB’s start seeing Heupels offense, they‘ll be begging to come here

Heupel will have to work with duck tape and bailing wire. He’s will have 4 quality QBs on campus, much higher rated than anything he had at UCF. It’s not as if Horn would be starting in 22. Plenty of time to develop this QB room and recruit.
Honestly im not sure Qb is a big deal in this cycle when u already have 2 very talented Qb's with 4yrs of eligibilty left and another with 3yrs left. I think that's more of a problem getting Qb's then the actual situation itself. Beating out 1 Qb to play is fine but beating out 3-4 and I like my chances somewhere else. Every Qb we have on the roster could return in 2022.

It is not just about QBs. How many other position players are now leaning toward other programs that were considering UT? That is why we need stability and realize it probably won't be a quick 2 or 3 year turnaround unless our coaches are miracle workers.

I didn't mind Simpson going somewhere else, but I really wanted Horn to come to Tennessee. I think parents are afraid of what the NCAA will do to us, but they need to realize what Heupel can do for the future of the children, especially Quarterbacks. He will send one of the current QBs to the NFL. We have good QB talent and he will get them ready for the pros.

Not trying to be dramatic but always keep your cup on for the foreseeable future. We will be alright in the long run, but it's going to be rough for awhile more. We will not START to ascend until the extent of the sanctions are known. Don't expect miracles on the field either, if Heupel gets us to 6-6 next year he should be COY.
Bama, UF, and UGA. Who are the other losses? Alcoa could win six games on our 2021 schedule. If Hoople wants to be here longer than Pruitt, he’s going to have to do better than that.

I didn't mind Simpson going somewhere else, but I really wanted Horn to come to Tennessee. I think parents are afraid of what the NCAA will do to us, but they need to realize what Heupel can do for the future of the children, especially Quarterbacks. He will send one of the current QBs to the NFL. We have good QB talent and he will get them ready for the pros.
The problem is the previous staff didn’t even know his name.

The problem is the previous staff didn’t even know his name.
Previous staff was going to sign Simpson. Real problem is we didn’t make a splash hire and our head coach is a known introvert who doesn’t recruit the way we need right now. He’s gonna have to win with less and every season he can’t do that the talent gap will only get worse until he’s gone.

Reactions: VolInNW
I don’t disagree with this. We likely have stormy waters ahead. I just hope we get a fun brand of football to watch through it.

Mizzou will roll us this this season if they had of played us last November instead of the second of the season they would’ve beat us no doubt. Gonna be a long next three or four seasons and that’s saying alot considering the last decade of terrible football we have endured and we might still get slammed by the NCAA for the Mickey D’s bags.

VN Store

Back