'21 GA QB Brock Vandagriff (uga commit)

“Fear” isn’t the right word. What I mean is that he isn’t considering us, just flipping to UGA

I think your concerns are well founded.

From UGA Site:

Vandragriff said then that Georgia was No. 2 in his recruitment, something he reiterated during the fall when discussing potential fallback options should it not work out with the Sooners.

"Georgia has stepped it up with me," Vandagriff said. "They have spent more time with me, met with me on Georgia's offense, and stayed in touch with me more. Maybe it is because they have their 2020 guy now, but I can tell I am now one of their top priorities."

Plenty of schools take back to back big time QBs. I say we do too. Then take Ty Simpson the next year. Keep em coming.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
There's no such thing as "depth classes." That's what people say when they're making excuses for their average class they're bringing in.
This assmaster guy gets it. "Recruiting solid depth" is total BS in the sec where your rivals are reloading with 5*s. Can't take a class off and unfortunately our constant turnover has meant too many of those this decade. But now we have b2b top 10-15 and I only see classes improving, not regressing like 16 and 17 under Butch.

Tennessee and Florida were two other programs that Vandagriff mentioned after him the hardest at the moment. He has ties to both Tennessee, through his father, and Auburn, through his mother, while living not far from Georgia’s campus. The message has been consistent from the Vols, with quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke keeping a presence in his recruitment.

“(They) would love to have you come in and fight for a starting job,” Vandagriff said. “Because they have Harrison (Bailey) too. And it would be some good competition.”

-247 from April (bump)

Like I said. They realized Carson Beck ain’t it after his senior year so they had to up the ante on Vandagriff.

I don’t understand why any QB would want to go to ga right now
This.

GA is telling them if they are good enough, they will play. That's a tough sell when you just told a Heisman runner up to get lost so you could average 2.5 points a game with Jake Fromm.

But you never know what these coaches are telling them I guess.

Reactions: MADISONGAVOL
His mother attended Auburn and Vandagriff grew up a huge fan of the Tigers. His father grew up in Tennessee, and he was a big fan of the Vols.

I dont agree with this kids ranking. Hes good, real good but not sure if hes tope 2 or3 qb. Maybe one more year he will be. Hes already been held back so hes basically a senior right now

His mother attended Auburn and Vandagriff grew up a huge fan of the Tigers. His father grew up in Tennessee, and he was a big fan of the Vols.
So do you think Carson Beck is the real deal? Honest question. His Senior season wasn’t amazing. He will have lots of talent around him at UGA though.

From Hubbs on VQ:

“Brock likes Auburn. He has interest in Mullen at Florida, some interest in UGA and Tennessee. Vols went by the school to see him in December. He's been in East Tennessee recently to be with some family. I think it's probably safe to say the thought right now is that he will play in the SEC.”

So do you think Carson Beck is the real deal? Honest question. His Senior season wasn’t amazing. He will have lots of talent around him at UGA though.
Jury is still out on Beck. Hasn’t had much talent around him, had experienced guys his Jr year and won the highest classification state championship. It’s hard to judge, he did very well when he had a decent OL and WR.

Williams and Vandagriff are both good but I’m still standing on the table, Gunner Stockton. 113 TD so far in two years, 62 TD his sophomore year. 6400 yds passing, 1800 rushing.

VN Store

Back