‘23 GA OT Bo Hughley (UGA commit)

I hate Georgia.

Also, if you're a WR, why would you choose UGA over Tennessee? I get they're playing for a second NC, but it's based off their defense, not a prolific offense. I mean, we just produced a Biletnikoff winner. Why go to UGA and be second fiddle, if that, to the star TE?
This gif summarizes Heupel's pitch to WRs IMO.

tenor.gif

I hate Georgia.

Also, if you're a WR, why would you choose UGA over Tennessee? I get they're playing for a second NC, but it's based off their defense, not a prolific offense. I mean, we just produced a Biletnikoff winner. Why go to UGA and be second fiddle, if that, to the star TE?
Number 7 in yards per play. Number 19 passing offense. Number 11 in points per game.

That's pretty prolific.

Number 7 in yards per play. Number 19 passing offense. Number 11 in points per game.

That's pretty prolific.

UGA has had 1 player in their history eclipse 1k receiving yards and that was 20 years ago. They've had only 2 players in history eclipse 9 receiving TDs, and 1 was Brock Bowers.

UGA gets where they are because of a dominant running game. If you are wanting to get noticed nationally at the WR position, UGA should be the one of the last places you should go.

UGA rolls with Bennett because he can extend plays while their other pocket passers are restricted to the pocket

UGA rolls with Bennett because he is efficient and doesn't turn the ball over. That has been the key UGA's QB play for as long as I can remember. They lean on their run game and defense and use a QB that doesn't turn the ball over.

Reactions: Volpac Sackyou
CJH needs to tell this young man the story about the Oakland HS RB from last year who waited on Kirby and got screwed.
I don’t know this to be true, but was told that Kirby isn’t well thought of by some high school coaches in TN. Something about he is a bull$hitter.
Would be difficult to verify and could be just some disgruntled parents.

Reactions: wmcovol
UGA has had 1 player in their history eclipse 1k receiving yards and that was 20 years ago. They've had only 2 players in history eclipse 9 receiving TDs, and 1 was Brock Bowers.

UGA gets where they are because of a dominant running game. If you are wanting to get noticed nationally at the WR position, UGA should be the one of the last places you should go.
Why would a team in the national spotlight be the last place a wide reciever goes? Defending champ and playing for another one. Then consider how well they recruit overall. It stands to reason they'll have their fair share of recievers come their way. They have a decent qb commited as well. It's more like you "hope" recievers don't go there, not that they 'shouldn't'.

Why would a team in the national spotlight be the last place a wide reciever goes? Defending champ and playing for another one. Then consider how well they recruit overall. It stands to reason they'll have their fair share of recievers come their way. They have a decent qb commited as well. It's more like you "hope" recievers don't go there, not that they 'shouldn't'.

No. They shouldn't if they want the best path to the NFL. They already have a good QB playing for them and their WR play is average at best.

That's pretty prolific.

Except that we are talking about a WR. By my rough calculations, the total yardage by UGA WR’s this year was less than 50% of their total receiving yards. Roughly 1675 yards. In comparison, our WR’s had roughly 3400 yards, which was close to 90% of our receiving yards.

Maybe if we have a more dynamic TE, it changes some. But we rely on the WR’s on the perimeter much more, and we showcase the WR position much more.

Reactions: Volunteer821
Yes bc no scouts are ever watching their team play

The more reps you get, the more tape there is to analyze. You think scouts are fawning over a WR that blocks for over half the game and makes 3 catches for 45 yards? Despite UGA averaging like 10 wins a season for the last 15 years and having consistent 4-5 star talent, they've managed only 1 1st round WR.

Tilman and Hyatt are not on an NFL radar if they played for UGA, that's for damn sure.

They don't throw it to their WRs enough for them to get noticed.

They don't throw it to their WRs enough for them to get noticed.

Bit of a silly statement to say a WR on a team that plays for SEC and national championships wouldn’t get noticed, don’t ya think?

Bit of a silly statement to say a WR on a team that plays for SEC and national championships wouldn’t get noticed, don’t ya think?

You don't think George Pickens is a 1st round WR if he plays at OSU and gets utilized properly? How many of them 4-5 star receivers they constantly get are going in the first 2 rounds of the draft? 4 receivers in the last 14 years? Alabama has had 5 first round WRS in the last 3 years alone.

You don't think George Pickens is a 1st round WR if he plays at OSU and gets utilized properly? How many of them 4-5 star receivers they constantly get are going in the first 2 rounds of the draft? 4 receivers in the last 14 years? Alabama has had 5 first round WRS in the last 3 years alone.

Pickens fell bc of character concerns. The talent was there.

VN Store

Back