'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

He wouldn’t play T at Tennessee right away
Bama already has a few Tackles committed
Georgia needs help up front

Hmm.

Where are you getting Georgia needs help up front? Are you ignoring the two highly ranked tackles they signed in the last class? He may very well choose UGA for personal reasons, but playing wise, UT makes the most sense. We signed no OTs last class. Both Wanya and Wright could potentially leave after their junior seasons which would open up starting spots in his second year. The two tackles UGA signed last year, Broderick Jones and Tate Ratledge will both be ahead of Amarius on the depth chart if he goes to UGA. Sure, he might beat one out, but his path to the field is much clearer here. Not even sure how that's an argument.

Unfortunately, none of that means he will pick us. UGA is closer to home, so that probably gives them the edge. But if playing time is a factor, then UT would be his best choice.

Where are you getting Georgia needs help up front? Are you ignoring the two highly ranked tackles they signed in the last class? He may very well choose UGA for personal reasons, but playing wise, UT makes the most sense. We signed no OTs last class. Both Wanya and Wright could potentially leave after their junior seasons which would open up starting spots in his second year. The two tackles UGA signed last year, Broderick Jones and Tate Ratledge will both be ahead of Amarius on the depth chart if he goes to UGA. Sure, he might beat one out, but his path to the field is much clearer here. Not even sure how that's an argument.

Unfortunately, none of that means he will pick us. UGA is closer to home, so that probably gives them the edge. But if playing time is a factor, then UT would be his best choice.

If there’s no option other than waiting then why wouldn’t he pick Bama? I’ve had so many say there’s no way he signs there because of who they signed.

That was my whole point to begin with. He’d have to wait regardless of where he chooses so why not be open to playing guard and move outside when guys move on.

If there’s no option other than waiting then why wouldn’t he pick Bama? I’ve had so many say there’s no way he signs there because of who they signed.

That was my whole point to begin with. He’d have to wait regardless of where he chooses so why not be open to playing guard and move outside when guys move on.
It's about how long the guys ahead of him have to play. The shortest wait would be UT. He could absolutely go to Bama if he is confident he can beat out one of the other tackles they already have committed. But he risks being slid inside to guard. He could go to Georgia, but the tackles in front of him will be sophomores when he's a frosh. At UT, the tackles in front of him will be juniors when he's a frosh.

Personally, I think Bama backs off. Yes, Amarius is a 5*, but with the addition of Ferguson today, I think Bama has their OL needs addressed. Maybe they have an extra spot and take him anyway, but more likely they have other needs to fill. Georgia would certainly take him, and will most likely get him, but they do not make the most sense playing wise. Of the three schools, UT is the school that needs him the most. No OTs in the last class. One OT, that's lower rated than Mims, currently in this class. UT has the need and provides the clearest and shortest path to playing time. Doesn't mean he'll pick us, but for the purposes we're discussing, we are the best fit.

VN Store

Back