'21 GA OLB Smael Mondon (georgia commit)

I have a hard time believing he was a take at UGA and not here. Only explanation would be they are so stacked it’s ok to take a risk as they prefer he just not end up being a star at Florida or TN. Both Kirby and Saban like to play keep away with kids they don’t truly want but also don’t want a mistake biting them in long run
He was a take here. He didn't want to come here. We knew he wasn't coming here, so we didn't waste our resources on him. The whole idea of his film not being good and us not wanting him is what just simply isn't true.

This entire forum is becoming insufferable
Man, you started it, trying to claim e-cred for AV out of nowhere. I've always enjoyed your posts and obviously we disagree on this subject so I'm really not trying to come down on you personally but AV's position on this is objectively ridiculous. Mondon just got hurt his senior year and he may even drop some in the ratings because of it as frequently happens but no one is going to not take a guy who was ranked as a 5 star Top 50 player going into his senior year because of an MCL injury hampering his senior tape. That's baloney and if it is true, it's a bigger indictment of how we are running things than Mondon.

Well this is where you and the staff would disagree with what we currently have here and plan on having here. And as I alluded...a certain coach lost a lot of interest in him based on the last sets of film they watched on him.....

I’m assuming it was S**tin Felton dude obviously doesn’t have an eye for talent or development.😅

could have really used this guy

Nah. We are obviously loaded with talent at the LB position that we just don’t want the #1 ILB because his SR season wasn’t absolutely dominant. You see obviously Mondon wasn’t a take at many big time programs. I mean we just didn’t want him. Instead, the team that stomps us in the ground takes him. Now watch him become a human highlight reel as a LB.

Reactions: Bluff City Vol
To blame all of our struggles solely on JG is idiotic.

That’s just the truth.

He’s no good. Neither is our defense. BOTH can be true.

So last year when our defense was good and lost games we shouldn’t have ,who was it then?...let’s look over the past 4 years at the same issues we continue to talk about year in and year out!....what issues are those?...last year yall defended JG referring to how bad the defense was in the beginning of the year but on the back half of the schedule the defense is what solely kept us alive building on our Winning streak into the new season.

20 points a game will not win us anything it’s just not enough in the sec.the offense is hindered by JG and it effects everyone on both sides of the ball we have no rhythm and we are stagnant on both sides.if you want to put blame on anyone it should be Pruitt for promoting a inexperienced Nieds to a inside LB’s coach and a young unproven Shelton Felton to outside linebackers who is not a worthy D1 coach! In my opinion...our LB’s have regressed badly and they are horrible in pass coverage.if anyone should give the defense a rest it should be US fans because Pruitt and his offense doesn’t!...

The defense gets a pass this year solely because of the inexperience that was hired at key positions.unfortunately the offense doesn’t we have the same coaches and yet we get the same results.how hard is it to understand that? @MarcoVol @BruinVol @Devo182 @BigOrangeTrain @Bassmaster_Vol @Smyrna ATL Vol @Catbone @butchna @Big Gucci Sosa

So last year when our defense was good and lost games we shouldn’t have ,who was it then?...let’s look over the past 4 years at the same issues we continue to talk about year in and year out!....what issues are those?...last year yall defended JG referring to how bad the defense was in the beginning of the year but on the back half of the schedule the defense is what solely kept us alive building on our Winning streak into the new season.

20 points a game will not win us anything it’s just not enough in the sec.the offense is hindered by JG and it effects everyone on both sides of the ball we have no rhythm and we are stagnant on both sides.if you want to put blame on anyone it should be Pruitt for promoting a inexperienced Nieds to a inside LB’s coach and a young unproven Shelton Felton to outside linebackers who is not a worthy D1 coach! In my opinion...our LB’s have regressed badly and they are horrible in pass coverage.if anyone should give the defense a rest it should be US fans because Pruitt and his offense doesn’t!...

The defense gets a pass this year solely because of the inexperience that was hired at key positions.unfortunately the offense doesn’t we have the same coaches and yet we get the same results.how hard is it to understand that? @MarcoVol @BruinVol @Devo182 @BigOrangeTrain @Bassmaster_Vol @Smyrna ATL Vol @Catbone @butchna @Big Gucci Sosa

What’s so difficult to understand that JG isn’t good.........but also our D isn’t good?

You know there have been teams that have had good D with bad O. I’m not saying our O has been good enough. But giving up a billion points to everybody we play isn’t all on JG. Can our O help by improving game flow? Absolutely. That doesn’t excuse our inability to defend slants or not get pressure on the QB.

Bottom line - our D also sucks. But yes, JG sucks.

Floors me that AV and Staff trying to say they didn't want him... yeah, whatever... who would want to come here right now with the 'ish show going on every Saturday at UT? Other than Toot, we have developed zero LB's and they look lost and are underperforming... We have TWO, YES TWO former RB's playing LB..... LET THAT SINK IN....
I'm so tired of this BS now, I'm just ripping the band aide off on everything, not sugar coating it anymore. We should be taking any competent LB we can...
JP gotta go. And yes, I know it won't be until we sink down even farther as a program at the end of next season before he can leave... Oh, and he apparently doesn't care about leaving if you haven't heard...

Reactions: MrVolton
Floors me that AV and Staff trying to say they didn't want him... yeah, whatever... who would want to come here right now with the 'ish show going on every Saturday at UT? Other than Toot, we have developed zero LB's and they look lost and are underperforming... We have TWO, YES TWO former RB's playing LB..... LET THAT SINK IN....
I'm so tired of this BS now, I'm just ripping the band aide off on everything, not sugar coating it anymore. We should be taking any competent LB we can...
JP gotta go. And yes, I know it won't be until we sink down even farther as a program at the end of next season before he can leave... Oh, and he apparently doesn't care about leaving if you haven't heard...
A9D0C960-8AEB-45EE-A30C-C25B1B13F14B.gif

Why are people surprised our LBs aren’t that good? Pretty much all the LBs that were on the team when Pruitt took the job are no longer on the team besides Deandre Johnson and Kivon Bennett. Two of those former Vols are now at Illinois St and WKU so it’s not like they were good enough to play in the SEC.

We really needed JJP to be good. Or at least be productive. That’s on JJP. Some kids just don’t get it.

And we have Banks and Crouch who are playing LB out of necessity. Now perhaps Pruitt should’ve focused more on true LB recruiting in the ‘19 class. But I’m not sure how anyone can knock the development of the guys we have. Toot toot is a stud. Does he have weaknesses? Sure. He’s still a stud.

Deandre Johnson is having his best season so he’s shown development. He’s almost had more sacks through 6 games than he had the last 25 games. Bennett has developed decently and his having his best season sack total wise (although it’s not a lot). Crouch and Banks are playing bc they have to.

All of our other LBs are true FR. Can’t really knock the development of true FR. Especially in 2020.

So I get hating on the lack of true LB recruiting but knocking the development doesn’t make sense to me. Perhaps Banks and Crouch should be playing RB. But then who in the hell would play LB??

Last edited:
Al Wilson came here as a Running Back. Shut up.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Who else at linebacker has developed? Henry T is as lost as one of the pups in the Budweiser commercials in pass coverage.

Nothing like oh we didn’t want that guy because his video looks like crap(in game), but we base who plays in our games (specifically JG) off of how our players practice.

Just absolutely reeks of CYA.
Your former user name didn't start with an S end with a S, and contain a V?

VN Store

Back