'21 GA OLB Smael Mondon (georgia commit)

Sure. Who wants a 5 star LB? not like we’re not elite at that position.

You’re hung up on the ranking when AV and VQ has said his senior film has been lacking this year.

I mean, I agree 100% we need a talent infusion at linebacker, but AV is basically saying we’re putting valuable resources on other prospects.

Sure. Who wants a 5 star LB? not like we’re not elite at that position.
Well this is where you and the staff would disagree with what we currently have here and plan on having here. And as I alluded...a certain coach lost a lot of interest in him based on the last sets of film they watched on him.....

LOL I can remember not too long ago Mondon was a major priority and we were wishing we could get him... now he doesn't have a great senior tape so far in a Covid year and may want to bring someone, so now we don't want him or he isn't a priority... has anyone seen our LB's this season other than Toot? That's it JP, just keep digging that hole...

The staff hasn't developed our LB's worth a nickel, still waiting to see Harrison and 5* Peterson break out... Crouch needs to be at RB, sorry... Banks is always one step away from a foul...

But JP is cooling on Mondon... okeeeeeeeeeee

You’re hung up on the ranking when AV and VQ has said his senior film has been lacking this year.

I mean, I agree 100% we need a talent infusion at linebacker, but AV is basically saying we’re putting valuable resources on other prospects.
His senior film has been lacking because he tore his meniscus. He still played 2 games on it and had 18 tackles and 105 all purpose yards before he shut it down. He’ll ball at Ga or Fl.

The staff hasn't developed our LB's worth a nickel, still waiting to see Harrison and 5* Peterson break out... Crouch needs to be at RB, sorry... Banks is always one step away from a foul...

But JP is cooling on Mondon... okeeeeeeeeeee
I believe Peterson's lack of development is on him moreso than the coaches..

His senior film has been lacking because he tore his meniscus. He still played 2 games on it and had 18 tackles and 105 all purpose yards before he shut it down. He’ll ball at Ga or Fl.
but you agree he wasn’t coming here anyways so why gnash teeth?

Well this is where you and the staff would disagree with what we currently have here and plan on having here. And as I alluded...a certain coach lost a lot of interest in him based on the last sets of film they watched on him.....
But do we know what Freeze thinks of him? This current staff won’t be here long enough for Mondon to be a sophomore

The idea that we didn’t want him is just weird imo.
I’m not sure it’s as simple as we didn’t “want him” per se. More like a collective sense that he was a low ceiling high floor type player that’s getting hyped up to be the next big thing. We all know those “#1” players at their position tend to not live up to that billing sometimes. Plus, there’s an argument to be made that we have capable guys committed at the position AND more pressing positions to fill, too.

I believe Peterson's lack of development is on him moreso than the coaches..

they are getting paid millions to develop talent and no one said it would be easy, that's why they get paid... if he won't or doesn't care, then GTFO and give up your scholly...

You came to play football and it is going to be hard. If you don't want to, or now it's too hard, then leave.

You can't give the kid a free pass who is taking up a scholly...

You think he should get a trophy too at the end of the season because he participated in practice and keep his free education?

Not arguing with you or asking you specifically, just making a point...

I understand that the coaches have not pulled back at all from the Brentwood LB over the last 6 months. He may be more of a focus than anybody at this position.

Reactions: volsagain

VN Store

Back