'21 GA OLB Smael Mondon (georgia commit)

Don’t you know that JG plays DE and should get to the QB more? Duh
I see the basement dweller club has got together to lend each other support for their galactically ignorant hot takes. Maybe you bozos can trade usernames and find each other online and show each other what you understand about football with a game of Madden

I see the basement dweller club has got together to lend each other support for their galactically ignorant hot takes. Maybe you bozos can trade usernames and find each other online and show each other what you understand about football with a game of Madden

To blame all of our struggles solely on JG is idiotic.

That’s just the truth.

He’s no good. Neither is our defense. BOTH can be true.

When this coach or hell any coach sniffs the teams Butch had in '15 and '16 come back and tell us how much you wouldn't want to have him now.
He had great teams, yeah, but still development lacked tremendously. This is NOT me saying I'm satisfied with where we are currently. I absolutely think we need better coaching, but under zero circumstances do I want Butch back.

He had great teams, yeah, but still development lacked tremendously. This is NOT me saying I'm satisfied with where we are currently. I absolutely think we need better coaching, but under zero circumstances do I want Butch back.

I don't either of course but I'm just saying maybe we should stop crapping on a guy who gave us at least a glimmer of hope of having a great team where now there is zero.

Reactions: volinbama256
I don't either of course but I'm just saying maybe we should stop crapping on a guy who gave us at least a glimmer of hope of having a great team where now there is zero.

Meh... compared to what it is now, the east was terrible in '15 and '16. Dobbs won us games back then. Don't want to take away from the other good players we had, but he kept us in games when we were getting stuffed. I also got really sick of the jokes about the '16 team, like "It's half time and the vols are down by 14. They have them right where they want them."

Reactions: ShreveportVol
Meh... compared to what it is now, the east was terrible in '15 and '16. Dobbs won us games back then. Don't want to take away from the other good players we had, but he kept us in games when we were getting stuffed. I also got really sick of the jokes about the '16 team, like "It's half time and the vols are down by 14. They have them right where they want them."

I don't want to start the one millionith CBJ discussion so I give. UNCLE!

Reactions: jwilliams
[VIDEO=]
I think it was a Butch cover story. I believe Trevor and/or the people close to him figured Butch out very quickly and he made a career decision..

Yeah, there was an interview with Trevor at the beginning of the season (on ESPN radio I think). He said the plan was always for him to go to Tennessee. But, the more he and his family visited campus, the more toxic the vibe around the program felt. So, he and his family decided they needed to look elsewhere, and here we are.

This kid is a take for any big time program regardless of his position.

Pruitt’s awful showing this season isn’t helping matters much either.

I understand, but we also had a glimmer of hope ending last season and now here we are. Regarding Jones, you can't polish a turd. He left us with a bunch of players who were lazy AF and not coached up. For me, jury still out on CJP until we lose JG totally, then I'll be more incline to make my own judgement on him, but its seemingly headed that way.

Trevor loved Peyton. Loved UT all his life. Wanted to be a Vol. Butch told him he didn't fit his system, didn't want him. This is a well known story.
Well known fiction.
It’s been well documented that Trevor Lawrence liked Tennessee early on during his college recruitment and he too discussed the Volunteers on Saturday during his latest CFP media availability.

“I was a Tennessee fan. My mom’s family is from Tennessee. So growing up that’s the only thing I really knew was Tennessee football,” Lawrence said. “Watch them all the time. I think when I got middle school or high school kind of started just I guess when I got offers and stuff I kind of quit being a fan.”

Similar to Etienne’s comment, Lawrence noted that once he started visiting Butch Jones’ Tennessee program during his recruitment, his interest in the Volunteer program began to wane.

“I think you go different places and as a fan, you don’t really see certain things. But when you’re a recruit and you’re picking where you want to go, it’s going to be your life for the next four years, you want to go somewhere where you just vibe with the people and you feel like it’s home and I went to Clemson a lot,” Lawrence continued. “Went to Tennessee a couple times. Just really felt like Clemson was home. It was about the people. Didn’t really matter that I was a fan growing up. It comes down to where you feel the best at.”

[VIDEO=]

Yeah, there was an interview with Trevor at the beginning of the season (on ESPN radio I think). He said the plan was always for him to go to Tennessee. But, the more he and his family visited campus, the more toxic the vibe around the program felt. So, he and his family decided they needed to look elsewhere, and here we are.
Just goes to show you that Trevor is a smart kid. He could see right through Butch's BS.

We would take him on his own....but we are not going above and beyond to get him here if that makes sense. So naturally I would be shocked if he chooses here given that fact.
Sure. Who wants a 5 star LB? not like we’re not elite at that position.

VN Store

Back