'19 GA OLB Roman Harrison (Tennessee signee)

It's so pathetic and obvious that it's truly undeniable at this point.

The thing is...on top of this bias they also are providing an absolutely inferior product to 247...

On 247 you can search commitments, decommitments, all time commits, nfl early entrants, etc....they also provide the most unbiased ranking possible by doing the composite...

Sure they have flaws and bias of their own...but all in all it is light years ahead of Rivals...Iā€™d be surprised is Rivals isnā€™t hemorrhaging money to them at this point

Hereā€™s the thing about Rivals... theyā€™re just hedging their bets by moving kids up who go to currently successful programs.

1. Top performing programs (Bama, Clemson, OSU) obviously have great player development, minimizing the chances of a bust making rivals ā€œrightā€ more often.
2. Even if a higher rated player is just an average contributor at these programs they blend in a lot better. On the flip side, a highly rated player going to another program is going to carry more expectations and their performance will be under a microscope. If they donā€™t live up to the hype everyone will know it.
3. Obviously, kids that go to premier programs are going to get maximum national exposure which gets their HS rating talked about: win rivals

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s right, itā€™s stacking the deck. Just like all those guys not putting CB picks in until the night before an announcement when theyā€™ve already heard whatā€™s going to happen... give me a break. Itā€™s a fraud.

Hereā€™s the thing about Rivals... theyā€™re just hedging their bets by moving kids up who go to currently successful programs.

1. Top performing programs (Bama, Clemson, OSU) obviously have great player development, minimizing the chances of a bust making rivals ā€œrightā€ more often.
2. Even if a higher rated player is just an average contributor at these programs they blend in a lot better. On the flip side, a highly rated player going to another program is going to carry more expectations and their performance will be under a microscope. If they donā€™t live up to the hype everyone will know it.
3. Obviously, kids that go to premier programs are going to get maximum national exposure which gets their HS rating talked about: win rivals

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s right, itā€™s stacking the deck. Just like all those guys not putting CB picks in until the night before an announcement when theyā€™ve already heard whatā€™s going to happen... give me a break. Itā€™s a fraud.
This exactly! Rivals doesn't hate us, it hates our player development over the past decade.

Reactions: HalfullVol
So much to like about this kid. He plays with such great leverage.
As strong as he already is, he's going to get even stronger.

You saw him at NG and MLB a lot in the video. He ran down WRs and Running QBs. he fought through double teams.

The physical feats aside, the kid is very good awareness. He always knows where the ball is.

and just hunts...all game. Born to play football.

Reactions: T Dog

You saw him at NG and MLB a lot in the video. He ran down WRs and Running QBs. he fought through double teams.

The physical feats aside, the kid is very good awareness. He always knows where the ball is.

Will struggle as a NT at the next level, so weā€™re going to drop him even further.
-Rivals probably

His style of play, strength, and attitude reminds me of another Harrison...

James Harrison of the Steelers. Can't wait to see this kid play at Tennesee. Dude gon' ball.

Yā€™all need to stop trying to beef this boy up to 280 so you can move him to DE. Heā€™s not a DL at the next level.

Heā€™s going to be a BEAST playing OLB at 250.
Who's trying to do that?

He looks like a readymade LB to me...
He's already big enough.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Yā€™all need to stop trying to beef this boy up to 280 so you can move him to DE. Heā€™s not a DL at the next level.

yeah, i don't think he needs to get that big. but 250/260 and he can stand up as an OLB or put his hand down as a DE. i think this kid is going to be pretty versatile.....

i'm excited to see how he turns out.....

Agreed. I think he will be sitting at about 260 though of all muscle. Dude can lift a truck.....

yeah, i don't think he needs to get that big. but 250/260 and he can stand up as an OLB or put his hand down as a DE. i think this kid is going to be pretty versatile.....

i'm excited to see how he turns out.....

He already weighs that...

last i saw he was around 240. if that's changed, i'm just not aware of it.

Possibly. However, I think he has been working out since after his Football was over so... Iā€™d say he probably has added 5 to 10lbs easy. Iā€™m guessing he is probably around 250 right now.

Possibly. However, I think he has been working out since after his Football was over so... Iā€™d say he probably has added 5 to 10lbs easy. Iā€™m guessing he is probably around 250 right now.
ok, well i wasn't guessing. the last update on his 247 page shows him at 241. so i'm just going off that.

VN Store

Back