'20 GA OL Tate Ratledge (UGA commit)

I said a while back after talking to family...it’s us or UGA...kid would never go to Bama...too much Vol in his family to put them through that...lol

Why in the world would he go to UGA then? They are every bit as bad as Bama now in regards to UT. More so with the current way things are set up. I don't understand how people don't see this. It's been 20 years since the 90's.

I argued the other side when some were advocating kicking him to the curb to land Briles...and when others were saying Pittman would be a possibility after landing Chaney. They’re at a similar level as coaches/teachers. The difference was that Pittman had two great OL classes at UGA and Friend didnt have one yet. Big Uglies are like cattle more than physically. They gravitate towards security. It takes that one class and you’ll start landing them every class. tOSU, LSU have well paid established OL coaches and never have to fret about getting with the next prospect. Pittman didn’t have as open a roster (read playing opportunities) with the depth built up, so he was due for a dip but it wasn’t much of one. We’re due for at least two classes if a couple of this year’s studs show out

Good observation. Offensive linemen are definitely creatures of habit. If Friend plays the 2020 class right our O-line will be setup for the foreseeable future.

We are certainly seeing what JP thinks is important.
He knows what it takes to win and it doesn't start at the skill positions. Between recruiting bigger athletes and Fitz's program this team will look ALOT different getting off the bus than it has in most of the last decade. One of the things I hated most about Butch was how undersized his teams were. He would always preach about smaller o-linemen who were more agile and quicker, being best- suited for his offense. The only thing they were suited for is getting pushed around by actual SEC-sized players.

One prospect that hoped to be in town, but won't be able to make it is Tate Ratledge. Ratledge will be at a track meet this weekend. He is planning on making it up for spring practice. Tennessee has also gained a lot of momentum in that race as well. At the last junior day, Ratledge spent time with Harrison Bailey and Mays.

-VQ

That's VQ speak for no worries, guys, he's going to be a Vol.

Rogers
Ratledge
Thomas
Mayes
Henderson
Mays

Would be a good haul. We need to get Rogers back down here soon.
Whatever order we get, it is gonna be an absolutely Massive splash of depth for our program. Some could even come in earning immediate playing time. We on some Beasts. Outcome Overload, Engaging.

VN Store

Back