‘23 GA LB Jeremiah Telander (Tennessee commit)

Going to the UGA-UT game
minions-yippie.gif

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
“It was crazy, man. It was like nothing I’ve seen before,” said Telander, who received his first scholarship offer in June from first-year Tennessee coach Josh Heupel’s staff after a strong showing at one of the Vols’ camps.

“My dad, he coached 17 years of college football, and he said he’s never seen a game-day atmosphere like that. It was crazy. It was unbelievable, actually.”

“I like them a lot,” he said. “They’re at the top of my list. I told my dad they’re going to be hard to beat.

“I mean, I’m looking at every option I have, because it’s not time for me to commit yet. But, man, they’re definitely high on my list. It’s going to be hard to beat.”

“They look like they’re playing together,” he said. “The coaches look like they’re coaching them up well. Great chemistry between the team. They obviously know what they’re doing well, if they’re moving that fast around. Good substitutions, good play-calling — everything. Everything was great.”

“And it’s cool because their defensive coordinator worked with my dad at (Bowling Green) a good while ago, so it’s cool how that correlates back.”
callahan

1634933539474.png

Telander's having a strong junior season, recording 100 tackles & 20 TFL in 8 games so far. He's returned a KO & an INT for TDs and also has 181 yards & a TD on 9 receptions.

Here, he runs back another KO 95+ yards only to have it wiped out by a penalty:

Last edited:
Tennessee was one of the early offers for the standout linebacker from Gainesville (Ga.), and he is set to visit them next weekend on March 5th. Tennesse has done well in this recruitment and made strides with Telander. His father, Steve, a former college coach, has a unique connection with Tennessee DC Tim Banks. When Telander was finishing out his coaching career at Bowling Green in 1996, Banks served as a graduate assistant for Telander during that season as he was starting his career. Telander will look to build on his relationship with the Vols next weekend.
- Matt Ray

The time spent with Jean-Mary allowed Telander to see, once again, exactly how he can be utilized in Tennessee's defense. "That's exactly what it did," Telander said of if he could see the position fit the Tennessee staff had been telling him about. "He (Jean-Mary) said, 'they have really three phases. They have a run defense, you gotta be able to pash rush, and you also have to cover. He showed a few of my plays that I have of those and showed me a couple of things I could do to get better on, as well as things I'm strong on. That was very motivating for me."

Telander plans to get back to Tennessee at some point for an official visit, and he has several other visits lined up for this Spring as his recruitment continues to explode, but the Vols have certainly made an impression on him to this point as they battler numerous other suitors. "They are very high on the list. I really like Tennessee, so they are very high on the list."
Prized LB Jeremiah Telander Recaps Tennessee Visit

Finished his junior year at North Hall HS (11 games) with 137 tackles, 33 TFL, 3 sacks, 3 INTs, and 2 fumbles caused. Caught 18 passes for 333 yards and a TD, returned 4 kickoffs for 180 yards and a TD.

Transferred to Gainesville HS in January.
Jeremiah Telander eager to get started at Gainesville High, after three stellar seasons playing football at North Hall

Last edited:
“That’s the goal. I want to make a decision before my senior season starts, but Tennessee is definitely at the top of my list,” the three-star told Volquest. “I really like Tennessee. I’ve still got to look through some other schools, but Tennessee is definitely high up on list.”

The Gainesville, Ga. native will continue the recruitment process. He would like to check out the campuses of North Carolina, Georgia and Florida, and already made a stop by Louisville on Friday. But Saturday’s time in Knoxville was very beneficial, for both sides.

“I had a great time. I had a chance to get some 1-on-1 time with coach BJ [Brian Jean-Mary],” the linebacker said. “We looked at some of my film and looked at some of their film and compared it to one another. We looked at some of the ways I can get better this offseason.

“I also talked to coach [Josh] Heupel during the basketball game – we got some 1-on-1 time in there. We talked about how and when we are going to do an official visit. He said they really like me, and I really like them. It was a very successful day.”

The Peach State native plans to be back for a spring practice in the next few weeks and has a tentative plan for an official visit at Tennessee sometime in June. The 6-foot-2, 215-pound athlete believes his skillset would fit in great in the Volunteer defensive scheme.

“They see me as an athletic linebacker who has good instincts,” the prospect said. “I can work in their defense because they let their linebackers run and make plays. They see me in that role very well.”

Telander stars for Gainesville High School. As the middle linebacker, he’s racked up Region Defensive Player of the Year honors twice and concluded the 2021 season with 137 stops, 33 tackles for loss and three interceptions.

Tennessee initially offered the prospect last June after he caped with the Big Orange.

“The coaching staff is still fairly new. They are all energetic,” Telander continued. “Tennessee is just waiting for a spark to happen. They have a great fanbase and are waiting to have a great season. When that happens, it’s going to be special. That would be really cool to be a part of.”

Heupel and company made some moves with several prospects on Saturday and Telander is one of the highlights. The Volunteers expect to be a serous contender as his recruitment begins to take shape this summer.

“It was just great,” the prospect said leaving campus. “I’ve never seen a college basketball game before today and it was a great environment. It goes to show you how loyal that fanbase is all-around.”
-VQ

VN Store

Back