‘23 GA LB Jalen Smith (Tennessee commit)

I must have just glanced right over this the other day...Smith was bumped from outside the R250 to #246....well deserved for sure
Yeah, but still not high enough.

He has been one of the best defensive players in GA for two years now.

Speed. Instincts. Physicality.
He's very similar to Johnathan Vilma
Or Omar Gaither in regards to former Vols.

Yeah, but still not high enough.

He has been one of the best defensive players in GA for two years now.

Speed. Instincts. Physicality.
He's very similar to Johnathan Vilma
Or Omar Gaither in regards to former Vols.
I don’t know how he isn’t top 150 with the #s He puts up against top talent

Literally the same size, same school and same position as Pappoe and better numbers

6014f190965a87b63c2741949ac1ccf3.gif

Pappoe was an athletic freak and showed out at camps. He was more camp hype that game day hype.
No...

He started for Grayson as a freshman. Was named Max preps Freshman All-American.
That and camps. But he definitely showed it on the field first...

Jalen Smith did not start till his Jr year.

Also Pappoe is 6'0 while smith is a legit 6'2.

Pappoe was an athletic freak and showed out at camps. He was more camp hype that game day hype.
Pappoe makes up for his deficiency in quickly reading plays with his athletic ability. Someone like Colton Jumper had a high football IQ and read the plays faster and quicker. Just didn’t have the athletic ability to capitalize on his mental prep.
The eye test tells us that Jalen Smith is elite. I really like our LB commits this cycle.

I’d be curious to know how much he weighs now, looks around 225 which would allow him to play early next year
They have him listed at 200- 205 on most sites. But he's 6'2 with a wide frame.

Naturally lean muscular guy. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's 220 by the time the season starts.

VN Store

Back