'19 GA ATH Owen Pappoe (Auburn signee)

This ESD is shaping up a lot like last it seems. Existing relationships get the staff in the door but getting the top recruits to commit to UT may be another matter. That said, I'm not sure if this is a solid assessment or a symptom of BVS.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
It's like that one episode of Yu-Gi-Oh where Kaiba and Yugi kept interrupting each other to active trap cards.

HKgH5eA.gif

U serious? All I can say is wow. They got to him. Now do y’all see why I don’t like AU?

Who is OV this weekend? Is it going to snow?

Always hated Auburn and their tactics. I mean everybody cheats but Auburn is just slimy and sleezy. Dirtiest players in the recruiting game. Always have been.

Reactions: JacketVol
World class facilities?
Fantastic academic options?
Valuable beyond measure VFL program?
Elite S&C staff?
Young, yet experienced coaching staff just starting out - thus virtually guaranteed to be here the entire kids college career?
Rabid fanbase?
Beautiful location?
Direct line to playing time?
Premier conference in college football?
Auburn has all those things too. I’m just questioning why the person I quoted is asking why someone would go to Auburn when we are worse off than them.

Won’t accept defeat til after the in-home
I’m going to go out on a limb and say he will not let Pruitt do his in-home. I really would like to be a fly on the wall to find out what it is that Auburn does to make kids flip this hard. Think about the relationship he has with a lot of the coaches on our staff over years, and then do them like that. They must guarantee paying $100k a year or more for the length of the players career.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say he will not let Pruitt do his in-home. I really would like to be a fly on the wall to find out what it is that Auburn does to make kids flip this hard. Think about the relationship he has with a lot of the coaches on our staff over years, and then do them like that. They must guarantee paying $100k a year or more for the length of the players career.
Gonna be tough for gus to pay up when he is the OC at Utah.

Owen has been close with AU LB coach for a long time. It’s prob difficult to rationally accept they won’t be there in a couple years when they’re sitting in front of you in your house, telling you they need you and they’re going to do great things with you. His parents pushing him to honor the commitment is probably a major factor. The whole thing still doesn’t make much sense to me, but I can understand how that moment probably played out, I guess.

50-100k one time is enough to save their whole class. They were ready to drop 31 million to drop Gus

Auburn has all those things too. I’m just questioning why the person I quoted is asking why someone would go to Auburn when we are worse off than them.

No they don't. I don't think they have an equivalent to the VFL program. They have a beautiful campus but off campus doesn't compare to East TN let alone Knoxville area. But most notable.... and this is huge.... is they have a head coach who is only there because his buyout is huge. It gets smaller every year. And he was almost ousted this year. He's not able to hire assistants for greater than 1 year contracts (what does that tell you?)

You sign with Auburn in 2019 and there is a more than strong chance you're going through a coaching change before you graduate from college.

Owen has been close with AU LB coach for a long time. It’s prob difficult to rationally accept they won’t be there in a couple years when they’re sitting in front of you in your house, telling you they need you and they’re going to do great things with you. His parents pushing him to honor the commitment is probably a major factor. The whole thing still doesn’t make much sense to me, but I can understand how that moment probably played out, I guess.
Seems much more likely some really shady things going on. I don't buy the AU coaches pushing hard and getting parents to "honor your commitment". Seems much more nefarious and I really hope Auburn goes down in flames

Reactions: Bobo0101
Come on, man. You’ve been following recruiting for a long time, like me. You know a big payout had to happen to make this happen like this. You don’t go from silently being flipped to another school to reaffirming your commitment and not talking to the school that you had flipped too, which is also the place that you call your dream school. The biggest major factor of all involves $$$$ And lots of it.

Reactions: BucVol98
Why would anyone go to Vols right now? Let’s be honest with ourselves.

Auburn is just like 2017 TN with a bit more talent and is in a cow town. I realize money talks, but all sec schools offer money. I just simply don’t get it with AU. Everyone can see they’re on a downward spiral.

Auburn is just like 2017 TN with a bit more talent and is in a cow town. I realize money talks, but all sec schools offer money. I just simply don’t get it with AU. Everyone can see they’re on a downward spiral.

We both suck right now. Simple as that. I just hope Pruitt can get it turned around. I am having my first child in May. It would be nice for them to see our team do well.

No they don't. I don't think they have an equivalent to the VFL program. They have a beautiful campus but off campus doesn't compare to East TN let alone Knoxville area. But most notable.... and this is huge.... is they have a head coach who is only there because his buyout is huge. It gets smaller every year. And he was almost ousted this year. He's not able to hire assistants for greater than 1 year contracts (what does that tell you?)

Auburn can sell Lake Martin and a race track that spits out money to "winners".
Talking about coaching longevity in the SEC world is not a GBO strong suit at this point

But anybody not playing football would be a fool to pick Auburn over UT.

Think some said would announce at the all star game ..give that slot to another kid..no reason get up there and pick up a hat uve been committed to for almost year or so

Pappoe was cherry on top. Hurts like heck but doesn't destroy our class. His loss destroys their class. You can find LBs, Stars and safteys. Morris, Wright and our OL are what is critical. DL targets and commits also critical. Those are the ones that are hard to find and when you do better hold onto them.

I really like the dyersburg kid. We will have Peterson and Banks at ILB who were not there this yr on field. Time to try and hold on the Henry, go after tootoo and Marshall. You can find LBs

Out of all the recruiting shenanigans I've seen, this is by far the most bizarre. It's also been one of the most disheartening ones I've seen since the DT that trolled us and went to Auburn back when Doolander was here. Pappoe was even here when he was said to have canceled. That's what made me feel good about this one with what the insiders were saying.

As far as the insiders getting roasted, that sucks, but it's part of posting here. The very little I do know I never share for this very reason. That and I have no desire for ecred after years of watching guys get roasted that shouldn't have been.

Pappoe was cherry on top. Hurts like heck but doesn't destroy our class. His loss destroys their class. You can find LBs, Stars and safteys. Morris, Wright and our OL are what is critical. DL targets and commits also critical. Those are the ones that are hard to find and when you do better hold onto them.

I really like the dyersburg kid. We will have Peterson and Banks at ILB who were not there this yr on field. Time to try and hold on the Henry, go after tootoo and Marshall. You can find LBs

I like the lb from Dyersburg also. Hopefully turn out like Patrick Willis another under the radar lb from West Tn.

VN Store

Back