Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's more a rambling folk song, which wasn't super uncommon in the genre. Blondie's Rapture was vocally similar-ish but done over a backbeat, which is pretty much the hallmark of all hip-hop and rap.
Ah backbeat is just the two and the four rather than the one and the three in 4/4 time. I get the difference and so did the Beatles.

I should have thrown out Robert Johnson's "Hot Tamales" And Pink Anderson's "Ain't nobody Home But Me". As early examples of rap, which WAS influenced by ragtime. But I agree with and was trying to Big Up Big Newt. How you and Blondie got a problem with that?

I mean... Pots and Black Kettles and such... but yea
Tennessee and Auburn are on two different paths. One has a handcuffed coach that the money folks want gone. The other has a coach that is changing a culture around and has at least three more years to do it. OP can pick his coach for his career or he can be assigned one in a year. That's a him problem.

Why would anyone go to Vols right now? Let’s be honest with ourselves.
1. Playing time is a real selling point with kids in HS.
2. Pruitt has a reputation for putting defensive players in the pros, and he's off to a great start with Thompson/Taylor already.
3. Pruitt is guaranteed to be here next here. Malzahn, not so much.

Reactions: volsagain
I could post what I’ve been told. I could post what I think happened, is happening and might happen. But I’m just going to be mocked and told I need help. So why bother. Look I get it. Everyone thinks no one knows anything. But you guys worship some posters and treat others like neighbor that keeps his yard messy. So why bother?
Of the thousands of members of Volnation, I can probably count on two hands those posters that like to drill down on any misses. Most of us enjoy what you and others post and take it as it's delivered, knowing things change quickly in the recruiting world. You shouldn't let a few change you. I can't remember where I saw this quote, but it applies to more than just sharing information - I like it: "Remember, anyone’s inability to see your value does not decrease your worth."

Why would anyone go to Vols right now? Let’s be honest with ourselves.

World class facilities?
Fantastic academic options?
Valuable beyond measure VFL program?
Elite S&C staff?
Young, yet experienced coaching staff just starting out - thus virtually guaranteed to be here the entire kids college career?
Rabid fanbase?
Beautiful location?
Direct line to playing time?
Premier conference in college football?

Tennessee and Auburn are on two different paths. One has a handcuffed coach that the money folks want gone. The other has a coach that is changing a culture around and has at least three more years to do it. OP can pick his coach for his career or he can be assigned one in a year. That's a him problem.

This is why I don't think we are quite yet out of it. He knows this and will be reminded of it a number of times before ENSD.

Reactions: volsagain
I got jumped all over a few weeks ago for questioning the value of "silent commits" to the extent we even had any. Way too easy to back out of what is never announced. The originators just say "things changed", "a snag was hit", "[insert rival school's name] cheats", and go looking for their next set of fools to troll. What is amazing to me is the number of people who thank them for feeding them bs, it's a phenomenon that was present in the death rattle of the Gruden threads also. Thanking Beav, et al., for the memories.

Reactions: Bobo0101
I got jumped all over a few weeks ago for questioning the value of "silent commits" to the extent we even had any. Way too easy to back out of what is never announced. The originators just say "things changed", "a snag was hit", "[insert rival school's name] cheats", and go looking for their next set of fools to troll. What is amazing to me is the number of people who thank them for feeding them bs, it's a phenomenon that was present in the death rattle of the Gruden threads also. Thanking Beav, et al., for the memories.
Yur a dumb***. Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back