'17 GA ATH DeAngelo Gibbs

CMAJJDGUAAArfRI.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Per Jack Reuse

It's safe to say that one recent visit is standing out quite a bit in the mind of 2017 five-star defender Deangelo Gibbs.

"It was amazing," Gibbs said of his trip to Knoxville, Tennessee. "Getting that experience (of seeing my face painted on a large rock) was a great recruiting tool. I've never really seen anyone go outside the box like that, so when I saw my face, I thought 'Wow, this amazing.' It was a great tool."

The straightforward approach of the Vols staff has also intrigued the safety.

"It went really well," Gibbs said. "I got a chance to sit with the coaches as usual and a chance to hang out with some of the players. Every time I go up there it's fun. It's a fun trip, and they always break it down for you about logistics and everything, so it's really cool."

Tennessee's defensive stars have also become an integral part of the process.

"Usually when I go up, I hang with Cam (Sutton), and he's a really good dude and really cool," Gibbs said. "Sometimes it's Todd Kelly. They all mentor me and of course they use it as a recruiting tool, but they say 'Go where you feel is best, whether it's Tennessee or anywhere. They made the decision for themselves. It wasn't about who told them where to go where. They felt like Tennessee was a great environment, and it was perfect for them."

Reactions: 27 people
Hunter Johnson, Tee Higgins.....DeAngelo Gibbs? that would be an epic start for the 2017 class.

Epic is an understatement. It would be the best start to a class arguably ever, for any team. Definitely for UT. Not saying it'll be the best class ever, just the best 3-man beginning. #1 QB, #1 S and top 5 WR. Hard to beat.

That said, I think Gibbs will wait a little bit. But it's easy to feel good about him right now.

Reactions: 1 person
Apparently Hunter Johnson asked Gibbs to direct messag him on Twitter. HG already helping us out, called Tee now Gibbs

VN Store

Back