'17 GA ATH DeAngelo Gibbs

Family member teammate and legacies mean nothing. Just ask Auburn about the Berry twins and Nigel.

I think Gibbs will be a Vol in the end. I think Warrior helps but is not the end all, be all. He has stated how comfortable he is with the coaches. That is the relationships with the most bearing. If Gibbs jumps on now, he may influence more kids from Ga, especially Dixon.

What's funny? You believe the Georgia rivals reporters over all the other reporters, GFW, etc.?

Georgia rivals reporters are weird. They act like they are fans more than reporters. How Hubbs, Fort and co. Use "code" or what not and don't directly say things the Georgia guys will directly come out and say they think someone is a silent or something. They are very confident about their assumptions. Kinda strange.

Reactions: 1 person
Georgia rivals reporters are weird. They act like they are fans more than reporters. How Hubbs, Fort and co. Use "code" or what not and don't directly say things the Georgia guys will directly come out and say they think someone is a silent or something. They are very confident about their assumptions. Kinda strange.

You say weird; I say bad at their job.

Reactions: 3 people
Are you a journalist? (Btw, recruiting staff aren't really journalists by trade). Work for TFP? Integrity journalism is a thing of the past I'm afraid.

I just finished school at UTC. Wrote for River City Sports for over a year while in school but no I never wrote for the TFP. I've met most of those guys though. Nice guys

I just finished school at UTC. Wrote for River City Sports for over a year while in school but no I never wrote for the TFP. I've met most of those guys though. Nice guys

Congrats man, I wish you well. I know Paschall, Dr B/Quake, and Rucker (he did work for TFP). Maybe one of them can make a call for you.

Weird is right. Something about Georgia...like their fanbase just expects/demands the most 'homer' view from their media of any base in the country. It's evident from AJC, Dawgnation, even their wacko radio guy w/ the famous hobnail boot call...can't imagine John Ward ever saying something like that. Georgia is weird indeed.

Reactions: 1 person
Weird is right. Something about Georgia...like their fanbase just expects/demands the most 'homer' view from their media of any base in the country. It's evident from AJC, Dawgnation, even their wacko radio guy w/ the famous hobnail boot call...can't imagine John Ward ever saying something like that. Georgia is weird indeed.

The hobnail boot call was made by GA's then PBP announcer, Larry Munson. He passed away a few years ago. And I agree, can't imagine John Ward saying such...

Actually your weird for thinking this is weird. Most fanbases want a more positive view from those covering their favorites.

For some reason you guys here prefer negativity.

Reactions: 2 people
The hobnail boot call was made by GA's then PBP announcer, Larry Munson. He passed away a few years ago. And I agree, can't imagine John Ward saying such...

Munson started his football broadcasting at Vandy and the Nashville AA team. Then moved to Atlanta to do the Braves games with Mel Allen before doing the Ga. games. He was a VOL hater from the get go.

Danny O'Brien is average. Not great but not horrible. D4H only works in extremes. A player either sucks horribly or is a top 10 pick.

Reactions: 4 people
Media is supposed to be objective you dunce.

For the most part, you're correct, but team coverage usually has a home team slant because they are generally appealing to one audience.

National media (CBS, ESPN, etc.) should be impartial.

Danny O'Brien is average. Not great but not horrible. D4H only works in extremes. A player either sucks horribly or is a top 10 pick.

This

Here's a perfect example...
Actually your weird for thinking this is weird. Most fanbases want a more positive view from those covering their favorites.

For some reason you guys here prefer negativity.

It can't be middle ground with him. It's either black or white. If you aren't totally positive, you're totally negative.

I don't think anyone expects local announcers to be objective. 2/3 of their job is to be a cheerleader for the home team.

I despise homer announcers. Other than getting excited for big plays by the home team, subjectivity ruins the listening experience.

I despise homer announcers. Other than getting excited for big plays by the home team, subjectivity ruins the listening experience.

To each their own. I prefer local announcers. They're much more informed about the teams, and if they're any good, their excitement makes a broadcast better IMO.

VN Store

Back