'17 GA ATH DeAngelo Gibbs

It's pretty intellectually dishonest to try and pretend like 4, possibly 5 victories over UT during our worst stretch in program history puts Vanderbilt in the category of "yearly automatic loss". Nobody on this board believes that, not even you. With even a sliver of quality recruiting, staff retention, and player development we will pass them right by once again.

That is not even disparaging their program either. This is not your granddaddies Vanderbilt, they will continue to be a thorn in our side but you are delusional if you think that we can't easily pass them with the things listed above considering the ceiling of the two programs.

Sorry but unfortunately I do believe it. Vanderbilt should never be able to beat us 3 years in a row, let alone 4. You do realize we are talking about Vanderbilt football right? You can keep saying during our worst stretch all you want. But the fact remains that even at our worst, Vandy should never have a 4 games winnng streak.

I really hope we start a winning streak against them starting this year. But if they march into Neyland and walk away with another convincing victory, I dont know how you can think what you said here is valid.

Some Vol fans have a difficult time with the reality of our football program right now.
Some Vols fans are using the past to determine the future. Let's just say ...we have a new coach that is building a new team with new players and new coaches that shouldn't lose to Vanderbilt. We have no idea what will happen and shouldn't pretend that we do. Reality is you can not use what Butch's players have done to determine what Pruitt's will do. It's futile to try.

Some Vol fans have a difficult time with the reality of our football program right now.
No, you have a problem understanding the reality of the program as a whole. Where we've been at in the last few years (4-8 and 5-7) is not the norm for this program, nor is it the standard if we have even a reasonably well run staff, team, and AD. Going purely by numbers, 8-4 is actually about the standard throughout the programs history. Vanderbilt's norm is absolutely NOT 8-4 so I think you need to re-evaluate the difference between where the two programs are currently and where they should be in a few years given we have the staff, recruiting, and AD we THINK we do. Vanderbilt is roughly at their ceiling and we are not even close to ours.

Its sad to say KB, but if we dont beat Vandy this year, then I believe we can start putting them in the same category as Bama, UF and UGA. Automatic losses.
tenor.gif

No, you have a problem understanding the reality of the program as a whole. Where we've been at in the last few years (4-8 and 5-7) is not the norm for this program, nor is it the standard if we have even a reasonably well run staff, team, and AD. Going purely by numbers, 8-4 is actually about the standard throughout the programs history. Vanderbilt's norm is absolutely NOT 8-4 so I think you need to re-evaluate the difference between where the two programs are currently and where they should be in a few years given we have the staff, recruiting, and AD we THINK we do. Vanderbilt is roughly at their ceiling and we are not even close to ours.

while i wholeheartedly agree. this build is a re build. inept coaches who used recruiting rankings to recruit, made families with University ties mad. They completely overlooked kids, with top offers in our own backyard.

Pruitt is taking the right approach. I would argue we cannt afford an immediate 10 win season (whoa, i get it we all want that), but i want consistent winninng seasons the right way with moderate gains. He is repairing relationships and forging new ones.

Tee is a huge building block. Wait and see.

We've whiffed on some guys, we maybe shoulda or coulda gotten. But, like this Wright kids. That relationship didnt happen overnight. kid is looking at Pruitt and UT bc of day 1.

I think it is neither. Only counts against the 85.

:confused::confused::confused: me thinks that is flat wrong. Has to count toward a class. Only walkons given a scholly after 1 year or longer are exempt from being an IC and merely a counter.

Well, when this class is finished, I for one will be excited to get these rules figured out. Of course they will change them after that.
You can go read the bylaws. They're written in English. Everyone acts like it a big super secret, but it's just because nobody wants to put in the time to read the recruiting section in its entirety. It would probably take all of 15 minutes.

Reactions: Devo182
You can go read the bylaws. They're written in English. Everyone acts like it a big super secret, but it's just because nobody wants to put in the time to read the recruiting section in its entirety. It would probably take all of 15 minutes.

its like the bible, you can read it and get something completely different out of it.

:confused::confused::confused: me thinks that is flat wrong. Has to count toward a class. Only walkons given a scholly after 1 year or longer are exempt from being an IC and merely a counter.

I think you may be correct. Someone posted an article last week (can't find it now) quoting an LSU compliance guy talking about transfers. He said that transfers count against a class. I don't know the rules but I figure a guy who has that job should know.

I think you may be correct. Someone posted an article last week (can't find it now) quoting an LSU compliance guy talking about transfers. He said that transfers count against a class. I don't know the rules but I figure a guy who has that job should know.

I also quoted from a school site that they don't if they are midyear so...

It was me, and yes they do, according to the officer at LSU.
My *understanding was the only way to avoid having him on this year's class is not to sign him for football until after June. Which would be fine if he had to redshirt anyway. But for now, he would have to enroll on his own dime, which I'm sure isn't very attractive if you have several schools after you.

VN Store

Back