'17 GA ATH DeAngelo Gibbs

Not gonna happen .Vandy won't win this year but if they did it doesn't mean jack squat.

Lol. We said it wouldnt happen in 2016 and 2017. Losing to Vandy 4 straight times doesnt mean anything? I guess you and I have vastly different expectations and aspirations for TN football. It means. ALOT. Especially pride, recruiting and overall morale.

Lol. We said it wouldnt happen in 2016 and 2017. Losing to Vandy 4 straight times doesnt mean anything? I guess you and I have vastly different expectations and aspirations for TN football. It means. ALOT. Especially pride, recruiting and overall morale.

It's pretty intellectually dishonest to try and pretend like 4, possibly 5 victories over UT during our worst stretch in program history puts Vanderbilt in the category of "yearly automatic loss". Nobody on this board believes that, not even you. With even a sliver of quality recruiting, staff retention, and player development we will pass them right by once again.

That is not even disparaging their program either. This is not your granddaddies Vanderbilt, they will continue to be a thorn in our side but you are delusional if you think that we can't easily pass them with the things listed above considering the ceiling of the two programs.

It's pretty intellectually dishonest to try and pretend like 4, possibly 5 victories over UT during our worst stretch in program history puts Vanderbilt in the category of "yearly automatic loss". Nobody on this board believes that, not even you. With even a sliver of quality recruiting, staff retention, and player development we will pass them right by once again.

That is not even disparaging their program either. This is not your granddaddies Vanderbilt, they will continue to be a thorn in our side but you are delusional if you think that we can't easily pass them with the things listed above considering the ceiling of the two programs.

They are approaching the frustration I feel when we lost to Florida so many times as the more talented team. We’ve had 4-5 (lost count) games where we are either clearly more talented or close at worst, and just can’t beat them. Same story against Florida time and time again. Thankfully, Vandy will never have Florida’s talent so this trend shouldn’t continue.

Reactions: Catbone
They are approaching the frustration I feel when we lost to Florida so many times as the more talented team. We’ve had 4-5 (lost count) games where we are either clearly more talented or close at worst, and just can’t beat them. Same story against Florida time and time again. Thankfully, Vandy will never have Florida’s talent so this trend shouldn’t continue.
I feel you. I'm sick of losing to teams we have no business losing to but at least with Vanderbilt, if we can even slightly dig out of this hole we are in then we will pass them again.

I truly believe the losing to Vandy crap is done starting next season.
image.gif

I mean imagine actually seriously thinking that Vandy is on the same level as UGA or Bama in football. Imagine that. They are NOT in the same category. They'll never be looked at as an automatic loss for UT. Yes, Vandy has owned us the last 6-7 years. But they aren't an SEC powerhouse. They aren't an automatic loss. If Tennessee is even just mediocre, they should be beating Vandy. But we haven't even been that the last couple seasons.

Because they're not in the same league as UGA, UF and Bama. Are we the worst team in the SEC right now? Yes. Will we be back to dominating Vandy before we beat any of those three teams on a consistent basis? Absolutely.
Absolutely my ass. There used to be (positive) absolutes for Tennessee football, but those days are long gone. It’s beyond a stretch to believe that we’ll ever get back to dominating anybody, including Vandy. The only team I can see us “dominating” going forward is Kentucky because they’re the only team that we’ve consistently beaten despite being awful these last 10 years. For some reason, Kentucky has a similar mental/emotional barrier regarding Tennessee as Tennessee does regarding Florida. Vanderbilt certainly doesn’t have it, they know they can beat Tennessee having kicked the ish out of us 5 of the last 7 seasons.

Absolutely my ass. There used to be (positive) absolutes for Tennessee football, but those days are long gone. It’s beyond a stretch to believe that we’ll ever get back to dominating anybody, including Vandy. The only team I can see us “dominating” going forward is Kentucky because they’re the only team that we’ve consistently beaten despite being awful these last 10 years. For some reason, Kentucky has a similar mental/emotional barrier regarding Tennessee as Tennessee does regarding Florida. Vanderbilt certainly doesn’t have it, they know they can beat Tennessee having kicked the ish out of us 5 of the last 7 seasons.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, obviously. Someone lumped Vanderbilt in with the likes of Georgia, Florida and Alabama. I was simply disagreeing with that. My point was that IF we improve from where we are now, we will beat Vanderbilt regularly BEFORE we are good enough to regularly contend with those other 3 schools. If you think Vanderbilt is as good as those schools, then good for you. I don't.

As for your comment... you're basically saying you think that Tennessee is a perennially below-average SEC school now. Again, good for you. I personally think we'll be back on top one day.

lol recruiting? we going h2h for Vandy recruits??

Pride? Maybe yours. The rest of us grown adults will survive 1 game.

Morale? It's not midseason...it's THE last game of the season. So we have low morale when? December? How disastrous as kids are on Winter break.

Vq podcast outlined what some have wondered. Taking this kid, after his official makes numbers for 19 interesting. Said UT must know where it is with couple or three kids left, and they're happy with that. Says everyone else is insurance. Says staff is out recruiting for '20.

Absolutely you have an ass and it is beginning to show.....

There are some that can see the future. There are some that can only see the past.

VN Store

Back